Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2010, 20:06   #46
BANNED

karan Go for FIGO

Ford has introduced a new concept called child parts which is first in india (i guess).if your door is dented by accident you need not change whole door instead the outer part alone can be changed .

Also their parts prices have come down drastically.

All the best !
Old 3rd June 2010, 11:52   #47
BHPian

Can I recommend Ritz...(Looks can be subjective)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan Makhija View Post

BEAT vs POLO vs FIGO (only if nothing works out will I consider the Swift)

MY NEEDS

1. Going to do between 3000 to 3500 km per month

2. 50% city 50% highway (between mumbai and pune mostly)
3. Would be happy to spend 5 lakhs but can stretch to 6 if its worth it
7. Ride quality, FE (apart from good looks, of course).
8. I don't mind paying a little extra for service and parts eventually if I get everything I want in a car, but I certainly don't have the time to have to take the car to the mechanic every now and then. Need a car that requires little time from me when I'm not driving it.
:-)
..Sorry for this but I feel Ritz can be a competent car which can be considered in this discussion. I think it is better than Swift in terms of space and new looks if you exhaust in terms of the three options which are considered.

With Karan’s requirement of ‘Going to do between 3000 to 3500 km per month’—Diesel car is an ideal choice.

Yesterday, I had TD Polo which my friend has recently bought. I will not give my observations with techie details as it is already discussed everywhere. I have just listed down what a simple plain customer will think when he will go with his family and do TD.
IMHO:

·POLO
PROS:
1.Excellent new look
2.Good boot space
CONS
1.Rough engine, makes lot of sound(May be 3 pot engine??).
2.I found pickup pretty slow.
3.Clutch was pretty tight(May improve during 1st service,but need to bear this for 15k,as per service intervals of Polo)
4.3 people in rear can be tight affair(I would prefer more headroom)
5.Front Ground clearance(Front bumper gets damaged very easily, I have seen that on few Polos!)
6.Large hump in the rear floor area, makes it difficult to sit for middle person comfortably over long journey, Salesperson told me that it is for your safety in case of an accident(I don't know what he means, he could not clarify me either)

CONCLUSION: Sorry to be harsh, but I was waiting for this car like mad dog but somehow disappointed by Polo.

·FIGO
PROS:
1.Great Price tag,VFM
2.Good space everywhere
3.Subtle looks(though not new,still can live with it,I prefer good interior and comfort when I sit in the car,external looks will take 30% priority for me atleast)
CONS:
1.Not sure about A*S*S,Ford dealer could not give me price list of spare parts even though I did follow up for 3-4 times.
2.Bumper less design(Almost nonexistent..may have direct impact on engine, radiator...again this is my 1st observation, you may correct me if I am wrong!)

CONCLUSION: I was not ready to buy it because I could not get answers to my questions on maintenance part..thogh I heard Ford is localizing many spare parts to make it cheaper for masses. I am not ready to take chances..so I am out
·BEAT:
PROS
1.Additional warranty of GM
2.Looks??(subjective)
3.VFM
CONS:
1.Resale value
2.Rear space is big no no for family of 4-5
1.Very less boot space

CONCLUSION: My family did not like the overall look…Too sharp for their taste.

·RITZ
1.Great K-series engine, smoothest and powerful of the lot
2.Good headroom
3.Fresh interiors
·CONS
1.Different looks??(Subjective…many do not like it!!,I liked it personally)..May not fit in good looks category for some people..
2.Very less boot space
3.Ridiculously thin tyres in L and V versions,can be changed but why not OEM?

CONCLUSION: My family did not like the overall look, but Maruti A*S*S and good engine forced me to consider this option. I felt pretty comfortable when I sit in Ritz.

I did not consider i20 as it was out of my budget,but surely those with heavy wallets can have shot at i20. Overall good car,I feel,but did I hear that it is underpowered??(Weight to power ratio)

Last edited by Jaggu : 3rd June 2010 at 12:04. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, please avoid copy paste from external fornt editors, also Preview before Submitting posts. thanks
Old 29th June 2010, 15:01   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan Makhija View Post
Hi all

I'm really hoping you guys can help me out...

:-)
Karan if you still have not decided, i would strongly recommend a figo. I have been driving it since 2 months now and have enjoyed every bit of it and still wanting to keep driving and driving the figo...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks