Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2010, 09:35   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont know why no one likes the estilo, for that sort of use it is almost perfect and my wife loves her car.
yes, why not try Estilo. The one in choclate color looks yummy Please TD same and check out if your wife likes it!

Quote:
Why dont you look at the I10.Excellent City car ...will fall within your budget as well.
Satya you are back. Welcome back dude
How are your rides, still with zen?

Last edited by recshenoy : 3rd March 2010 at 09:45.
Old 3rd March 2010, 09:51   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Are you looking at AT? If yes then no choices. i10 Magna AT. If That way I would say ASTAR VXI is really good, if you are not that worried on boot space.
Stay away from the A-Star. It lacks space, the build quality is not great and FE is not good either. The i10 beats it on all fronts. The i10 Auto is too expensive and thirsty too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Abhi View Post
Go for i10 kappa or maruti a star. Both cars are safe and stable in city driving, tall boys hence visibility is not a concern, come from good A.S.S repute and fresh launch hence you can keep any of them for next 10 years very easily.
I would say go for the Irde. Despite the so called superior technology of the Kappa, the Irde is more efficient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k!ng_@thur View Post
I dont know why no one likes the estilo, for that sort of use it is almost perfect and my wife loves her car.
My +1 to that. Do check it out and also let your wife see it.
Old 3rd March 2010, 10:46   #33
BHPian

@king and Live to Jive: I did look at Estillo first. Its a very good car but the only thing pulling me back is its 3 cylinder and 1 liter engine.

Since I want to keep the car for ard 10 years, I am looking at a bigger 1.2 liter, 4 cylinder engine car now that there are a few options in this category.

I dont want to change the car for lack of cooling after 5-6 years. Thats why I am trying to avoid a 1 liter engine car as I beleive that a 1.2 liter engine will wear out slowly than a 1 liter engine over a long period. I may be wrong on this notion but this is what i have learnt from experience.
Old 3rd March 2010, 11:06   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Abhi View Post
Go for i10 kappa or maruti a star. Both cars are safe and stable in city driving, tall boys hence visibility is not a concern, come from good A.S.S repute and fresh launch hence you can keep any of them for next 10 years very easily.
A-Star is a tall boy ?

A-Star does not suit your requirements, please avoid it for the following reasons:
1. Overpriced
2. 3 cylinder engine
3. 1000cc engine
4. Low seats and high dashboard (not suitable for ladies, unless she is very tall)

i10 1.1 iRDE is more suited for your requirements as compared to kappa. The kappa engine may be technologically advanced, but its extra power advantage can be felt only on highways. For city driving, iRDE is better.

The sales guys would try to push for kappa. Take a TD of both iRDE and kappa to feel the difference for yourself.

Rohan
Old 3rd March 2010, 11:15   #35
BHPian

I just read in the Times that Nissan Micra/March will be launched in July (production to start in May), I thought its definitely worth the wait, even if you dont like the March, i hope March would bring the competition's price down, then either ways you win ! considering that schools will be closing for summer vacation shortly, the wait may be worth it.

If you like the looks of beetle, you will love the March and its spacious too ! The color choices internationally available for the March are very refreshing and makes this car a sure worth the wait for me... This and the i10 Auto is what i am considering for my wife - monthly running is quite similar to yours. All the best.
Old 3rd March 2010, 11:16   #36
BHPian

@JKBKS If you plan to keep the car for 10 years, its better you consider a car which is newly launched, has sold in enough numbers and is immensely popular and has enough after sales support, cause you will find that the spares may be hard to come by after a few years. Keeping this criterion I would suggest you to stick with cars from Maruti and Hyundai. i10 will be a good choice.
Old 3rd March 2010, 11:25   #37
BHPian

I think singling out the choices onto automatics would be a good start . There's nothing better for hassle free driving within the city, short or long hauls included.

i10 AT is a very very good option IMHO. There is also the Santro Automatic in the 2nd hand market if your willing to go that route . They are both perfect cars for running about errands ( and have good visibility).

The Eeco is also a nice buy and my mum loved the Maruti Van more than any other vehicle. Truly utilitarian and a wonderful alternate mode of transport(City driving) to have at any home.

Edit : Just noticed that you live in Gurgaon. Access roads in that area is pretty speedy, so I'd avoid the van if high end safety is a concern.
Old 3rd March 2010, 11:29   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
Keeping this criterion I would suggest you to stick with cars from Maruti and Hyundai. i10 will be a good choice.
+1.

I bought an i10 for wifey just for that reason. Trouble free, beautifully built and a great car to drive and can easily survive for 10 years with less efforts on maintenance
Old 3rd March 2010, 11:38   #39
BHPian

@Kartho and Rohan: I will test drive I10 over the weekend. ERA is the variant i like for my requirements. But my first impression after comparing specs is that its expensive when compared to Beat. Lets see how the Td goes. My wife is a competent driver and daily drive is very less so AT is out.

@Hemant: I hear you and am even willing to wait for a Maruti 1.2 lt, 4 cylinder engine in maybe Wagon R or Ritz, if a good deal can be had as mentioned by someone earlier.

@absynth: I would have gone for Eeco had it had a PS option since i think its tall and relatively safer. I really want to go for a tall boy option since i feel that is more safer in case somebody broadsides.
Old 3rd March 2010, 11:43   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akp View Post
A colleague of mine bought a Ritz LXi about a week back, and it cost her below 4 lakh on road here in Delhi. There were some discounts on offer. So you can check with the dealers. I have test driven it, and you can read GTO's review too - it is a fantastic car if you are ok with the look.
<4L? I paid around 4.7 for LXI in Bangalore with some accessories. 4L was the ex-showroom price.

@JK, You should not just look at the CP of the car. If you plan to run it for more 7-8 years, service will be very important. That I would rather watch Chevy before making a decision on Beat. Maruti is the best for that kind of a requirement. Although A-Star is overpriced , but it is definitely well built and built to last.
Old 3rd March 2010, 11:47   #41
Senior - BHPian

I think it would be worth waiting for the new WagonR. It might not *look* good to some, but is a fantastic city car nonetheless. High seating, good visibility, effortless power steering and hassle free ownership experience are some of the reasons for its immense popularity. Else you could look at Estilo from the Maruti stable.

And hey, dont worry about the cooling of AC based on the engine capacity. FYI Alto has the most chilling AC amongst the small cars even though the engine has lowest displacement. Cooling and engine displacement are totally independent parameters. However, performance of a car with lower *power* may drop more than a higher powered car with AC on. (Say 47 BHP Alto v/s 68 BHP Estilo).

Last edited by DCEite : 3rd March 2010 at 11:53.
Old 3rd March 2010, 11:55   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKBKS View Post
I did look at Estillo first. Its a very good car but the only thing pulling me back is its 3 cylinder and 1 liter engine.

Since I want to keep the car for ard 10 years, I am looking at a bigger 1.2 liter, 4 cylinder engine car now that there are a few options in this category.

I dont want to change the car for lack of cooling after 5-6 years. Thats why I am trying to avoid a 1 liter engine car as I beleive that a 1.2 liter engine will wear out slowly than a 1 liter engine over a long period. I may be wrong on this notion but this is what i have learnt from experience.
@JK: You have posted a similar apprehension in one of your posts earlier too - about a small capacity engine not delivering sufficient cooling over a period of years.
I would like to disagree - the AC system in any car will become a bit less effective over a period of time - this will depend on overall maintenance. If the car is well cared for and AC refrigerant is changed/refilled as per company specifications then I see no reason for the system to under perform drastically. Sure, there will be a slight drop in efficiency but this is to be expected from any machine.
To share an experience, there is a Santro 1.1 in our family, and over a period of 5 years, the cooling is still pretty good!
Old 3rd March 2010, 12:41   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKBKS
But is there any other car which I should be looking at in this price range?
Yes, the Estilo. Check out the specs on the Vxi - it is fully loaded (has stuff which you would usually get only in 5L+ cars - has ABS too). The only thing it does not have is Airbags.

And at Gurgaon, I think you should get the Vxi for just a little over 4L (in your budget). Oh, yes, it has the new K-series engine too and with the recent mild makeover, the looks are sort of palatable.

I am in a similar dilemna (small car for wife) and almost zeroed in on the Alto LXi, when a friend mentioned the Estilo Vxi - a new FE engine, loaded to the brim, and on-road Chennai for 4.3L.
Old 3rd March 2010, 12:41   #44
Senior - BHPian

Hope this thread helps

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...r-my-wife.html
Old 3rd March 2010, 14:11   #45
BHPian

@DECite: I am also waiting for a Wagon R with K series engine. Would fit my requirement perfectly. Got an idea when is it going to be launched?

@SupremeBaleno: I did look at Estillo. But I am thinking of going in for a 1.2 lt, 4 cylinder engine if given a choice. So Estillo is kind of on a backburner for now.

Last edited by Jaggu : 3rd March 2010 at 14:52. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote instead, Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks