Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2005, 19:02   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dceite
I just cant wait for Indica to get that Palio 1.9 Torque... yummy....
Dont go by the rumours - cant see why Tata wants to use the Fiat engine when the old Indigo engine produced the same power and torque as the Palio engine, at 250 rpm lower.

Lets see what the fuss is all about. All they have signed now is an MoU to look at ways in which they can co-operate. My guess is that they would take Fiats help in developing common rail versions of their existing motors. The output of the Delphi-developed Safari Dicor isnt anything great for its 3 litre displacement - torque of 30 kgnm is similar to that of the original 407 engine so what has the common rail treatment really done?

Last edited by Steeroid : 22nd September 2005 at 19:19.
Old 22nd September 2005, 22:36   #17
BHPian

Decision changed over !!

Hey guys - seems like i wasted valuable time of some BHPians - we decided to stick to Petrol car - and probably will be booking a Sail or a Zen.
After a lotta calculations - my dad concluded that the diesel cars actually cost almost same ( maintenance + fuel + vehicle cost ).
Also, he drove a diesel indica ( probably DLG model ) of a family friend for one full day ( thats today ) and then he decided against it. So finally we are not buying a Diesel vehicle.

Thanks for the response guys.
Keep spinnin..

Last edited by hkanitkar : 22nd September 2005 at 22:37. Reason: typo !
Old 22nd September 2005, 22:39   #18
BANNED

dude if you want a good fe also..then i dont think you should go for sail...i own 1...
but the car is really amazing to drive and reliable too
Old 22nd September 2005, 22:40   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkanitkar
Sail or a Zen.

what about Euro III Santro and Euro III wagonR ?? both have increased torque output since conversion to EIII and have improved drivablity...
Old 22nd September 2005, 22:52   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dceite

what about Euro III Santro and Euro III wagonR ?? both have increased torque output since conversion to EIII and have improved drivablity...
Since he has a budget of 5, he should go for the new hatchbacks like the Swift or the Getz. The Santro ERLx is really good and comes with great FE, but with a budget of 5 he can get a better experience on the bigger cars.
Old 22nd September 2005, 22:56   #21
Senior - BHPian

But Zen really falls out of place... isnt it??...
Old 22nd September 2005, 23:09   #22
Senior - BHPian

How about the Indigo GLX? Its a fine car, if you are not bothered with the maintenance. The 1.4 L petrol feels much smoother in the Indigo (than in the Indica, we have had both). You get a lot of car for the price. It is spacious, comfortable and rides better than most other cars in its price range. On the other hand, the current discounts being offered on the Sail make it a very tempting buy indeed.
Old 22nd September 2005, 23:47   #23
BHPian

thanks guys
@ sajo, dceite, steeroid - we were actually planning to buy indica for my father - after driving around a DLG model for one full day , he says he'll stick to the corsa and has forgotten the word FE
now i am getting my '96 zen replaced by the new zen and also we need to have one small car in the family to drive around in pune - which according to me would be Zen as now our budget is down to about 4 lakhs. ( we plan to buy the new Aveo or City in the new year hence the drop in budget )

- Frankly speaking, wagonR would have been a better choice but i dont like the looks ( waitin for the wagonR+ )
- Santro is ruled out due to less leg space at front.
- Indica / Indigo ( Petrol ) - a big NO NO after 1-day trial drive by dad.
- Corsa SAIL was the real choice - but dealer says we'll have to wait till 2nd week of october for White colour - hence the ZEN ( i might get the car by wednesday - my loan's approved already )

Last edited by hkanitkar : 22nd September 2005 at 23:48.
Old 23rd September 2005, 00:01   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkanitkar

- Santro is ruled out due to less leg space at front.

- Corsa SAIL was the real choice - but dealer says we'll have to wait till 2nd week of october for White colour

- hence the ZEN ( i might get the car by wednesday - my loan's approved already )
Zen has more leg space in front than the Santro?????? I guess perceptions differ, because I found the Zen the most uncomfortable of the small cars (to sit in).

Jeez man you cant wait a week for the car of your choice???? YOu must be in SOME hurry!
Old 23rd September 2005, 00:13   #25
Senior - BHPian

From what I am reading in newspapers, Corsa Sail has fantastic discounts (starting at 3.89L ex-showroom in Pune?). It will not be as spacious as Indica, but it certainly has far superior engine (take any of 1.4 or 1.6), awesome ride and good fit n' finish. It will be cramped compared to Palio/Indica, and will have lesser FE. GM doesn't seem to have good reputation from A/S/S, at least in Pune.
Old 23rd September 2005, 00:14   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Jeez man you cant wait a week for the car of your choice???? YOu must be in SOME hurry!
Actually i gotta buy it before 30th Sept - the depreciation thingy

and i find drivers legspace in santro uncomfy due to the DEAD PEDAL next to clutch - somehow i find the whole thing cramped at front

@ RX - GM might gain some popularity through the new showroom on Mumbai - Bangalore highway - otherwise Talera Motors and Devdatta motors have ruined Opel / GM in Pune in last 7-8 years.
BTW this talera motors guy has :
  • Tata motors dealership
  • Ford dealership
  • and finally the GM
- all in the same premises - separated by just different gates for entry and exit for all 3

Last edited by hkanitkar : 23rd September 2005 at 00:21.
Old 23rd September 2005, 00:29   #27
Senior - BHPian

Yep. Talera has it for all, but then few people had issues with them. I remember reading it in Ford context. (I guess, I read it around an year back.) Devdatta motors on Karve road has shut the shop long back. Corsa sail is one fine car, but lost the plot first to Palio and then to rest of the B segmenters. Is white color so critical that you are buying a totally different car just for the color?
Old 23rd September 2005, 01:03   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
Is white color so critical that you are buying a totally different car just for the color?
yep - my father finds it better than any other colours - all our cars are white except corsa ( had same waiting problem with white colour but got it in a weeks time )
actually we find it easy to maintain inspite of the daily wash required.
Old 23rd September 2005, 11:53   #29
BHPian

"- Indica / Indigo ( Petrol ) - a big NO NO after 1-day trial drive by dad."
hkanitkar, you said your dad drove the DLG for a day which is a diesel and hence you dont like the petrol ? hehe

whats with the eRLX fuss though...the newspaper ad says lotsa more torque n power but gives no numbers :s
Old 23rd September 2005, 17:26   #30
BHPian

Hello guys - finally wait is over - we decided to stick to GM since we are happy with corsa - we booked another one - of same colour ( arctic silver ) and probably same regn. number from different series
i am getting a petty discount of Rs. 80000 - - - yes its 80000 on the on-road price of corsa and hence not opting for any music system, alloys etc from the dealer. that makes it 4.6 lakhs - a good buy in my opinion. i would be getting the car by 30th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay
"- Indica / Indigo ( Petrol ) - a big NO NO after 1-day trial drive by dad."
hkanitkar, you said your dad drove the DLG for a day which is a diesel and hence you dont like the petrol ? hehe
actually - its should be :
indica / indigo ( petrol or diesel - doesn't matter ) - a big NO NO because my father is used to the comfort levels of Astra & Corsa

Last edited by hkanitkar : 23rd September 2005 at 17:38.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks