Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2010, 11:55   #16
Senior - BHPian

I must say that Figo is the way to go.

Polo would need some time to sustain in the league of diesel hatchback segment. There are many questions about the Performance of 1.2L 3-pot CDRI eng. Cost of spares & A$$ in the long run etc.
I personally feel Polo is following the footpath of Fabia, unless one is sold for its perfect body lines with amazing handling & stability. Nonetheless the brand value.

Last edited by Ramsagar : 12th March 2010 at 12:11.
Old 12th March 2010, 14:01   #17
BHPian

IMO,you need to get your hands on a sedan. its time for you to move up the ladder.

but if you have limted your budget to hatchbacks. then i would say figo is my choice. since your running is more. diesel is the one to go for. and with its price you will be getting more features than swift.(airbags,electric mirrors,boot space.chiller AC) and think of this you can get a loaded figo with safety features, its obviously more spacious than anything out there. it seems a logical upgrade rather than downgrade.

if you are still confused drive all the cars you want. and whichever car gives you feeling of driving a bigger car. i think you should opt for that!

Last edited by Caramelo : 12th March 2010 at 14:03.
Old 28th June 2010, 11:45   #18
Adrenalin

How about the comparison of Ford Figo Diesel(EXI) and Polo Diesel(Trendline)??

The difference in the price is around 60-70K(ex-showroom)(Polo is costlier), but most of the features of these 2 versions are more or less similar. I am thinking to go on corporate leased finance option. So the diff of price may not make big diff in EMI.

I have taken TD of Ford Figo EXI, the drive,comfort,style, mileage(as uoted by sales person) was satisfactory and i almost decided to go for it , but a friend of mine suggested me to even look at POLO Diesel(trendline). I am planning to take TD of this diesel version somewhere in the 1st week of July(as for TD only petrol version is available).

My inclination is towards Ford cars as i already own josh machine from them and extremely happy with its performance, safety, mileage, reliability and durabiility. So far, no major breakdowns and repair, its been almost 5 years now. I also agree that the cost of spare parts and service is on higher side as compared to other vehicles. I will be planning to keep Ikon for another 2 years and sell it for whatever price. As of now i am planning for 2nd car in hatch diesel. Your opinions/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

POLO diesel came to consideration as i know German engineering is superior as compared to other manufacturers. So far what i heard about POLO is that its build quality, engine refinement, interior and exterior style is good..but nothing more than that. I am still searching for good enough info so that i can decide better.

The real challenge to make a decision between the two is that i am unaware of POLO's Maintenance cost, mileage, overall cost of ownership, spare parts availability and costs, Service intervals etc. If the POLO diesel owners shares their experience on these aspects, it would be greatly appreciated.

Old 29th June 2010, 10:45   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
How about the comparison of Ford Figo Diesel(EXI) and Polo Diesel(Trendline)??
Can I make it very simple?

- Petrols : My choice would be the Polo. The engine is peppier, and except for at idling, refinement from the 3 cylinder is acceptable. The Polo has a "feel good" factor that the Figo simply cannot match.

- Diesels : Figo. Simply because that 1.4 TDCi engine is really good. No turbo lag (Polo has dollops of it), better driveability and far better refinement (vis a vis the Polo).

There, its that simple
Old 29th June 2010, 10:55   #20
Senior - BHPian

GTO has given an excellent simplified solution to you. But some how the Figo looks dated now and clearly will look ever worse as days go by. Then when you see the still up to date design of the the Polo, hope you do not feel regret and say 'Oh God why did I not buy the Polo'

Last edited by SPARKled : 29th June 2010 at 11:01.
Old 29th June 2010, 10:56   #21
Senior - BHPian

Polo or Figo can never match a Pete'd Swift. If you are trading this swift please bear in mind, you will never get to enjoy what the swift gave you. Ever. Between the 2, your running calls for a Diesel and I would put the money on a Figo.
Old 29th November 2010, 20:59   #22
BHPian

Decided and bought the Figo Tdci. clocked 4444 km already and loving it......
Attached Thumbnails
Polo or Figo-28099_10150183799265263_827320262_12535390_4946132_n.jpg  

Old 29th November 2010, 21:34   #23
BHPian

Congrats! The alloys really match the car. Good choice.
Old 29th November 2010, 23:05   #24
BHPian

Is this a new color or colorado red?
Old 29th November 2010, 23:20   #25
BHPian

It would be also good to have your views on Figo Diesel vis a vis Swift D which you had owned previously. There are not many BHPians who would've owned 2 diesel cars in the same segment
Old 28th December 2010, 23:59   #26
BHPian

Re: Polo or Figo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvigneshbhasker View Post
Decided and bought the Figo Tdci. clocked 4444 km already and loving it......
Congrats! Do tell us what colour it is that and how did you get it? As I dont think this colour is available anywhere??!!?
Old 29th December 2010, 10:59   #27
BHPian

Go for Figo Dude. But,
I would suggest you to wait for some more time, if possible. There is a number of hatchs are waiting in the launch pad.
Old 29th December 2010, 11:12   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonian View Post
Go for Figo Dude. But,
I would suggest you to wait for some more time, if possible. There is a number of hatchs are waiting in the launch pad.
Mate you cannot afford these mistakes specially when you have that android logo as profile pic

He already bought the Figo, check a few posts above!!
Old 29th December 2010, 12:19   #29
Senior - BHPian

I test drove many cars recently before buying a jazz and here is my experience with them.

Best diesel engines belong to the Ford Figo and Renault Logan. Also both have similar characteristics and are fun to drive with adequate power and good fuel efficiency. Ford diesel and Logan diesel are really silent too. Ergonomics are way off for the figo for eg. rear windows dont open fully. The Punto 90 multijet is a good option too. Petrol Figo is just about an ok car which doesnt lack anything compared to competition but doesnt add anything either. Roadnoise is a huge problem with the Figo.

Polo's are built like a vault and the attention to detail is impeccable. Spares will be expensive compared to the Figo. The Petrol 3 pot mill makes a ruckus unlike other 4-pot mills. The diesel though is fuel efficient but again noisy. Road noise is absent though. For a petrol I would vote for the 1.6 Polo

If buying this as your main car, go for the Polo but if buying a second city car, look at the Figo. Again, remember VW maintainence costs are way higher.

PS: Do TD the Logan Diesel. I was really amazed at how good this car drives for the price. Also the Etios is good (hatch coming in 3 months).

Last edited by devarshi84 : 29th December 2010 at 12:21.
Old 29th December 2010, 18:34   #30
Senior - BHPian

Really like the colour and more the alloys. More pics are expected sir

Front, back, side, alloys and the works

Most Viewed