Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2010, 12:27   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
. Air bags replacement will be costly . Around 1L is the normal charge for almost all cars
Compared to i20 the Fabia airbags would be lower. AFIK i20 charges around 2L for airbag replacement since it has 6 airbags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Also the maintenance cost is quite high. The guy with diesel Fabia who also owns a Civic had told me "Maintaining Fabia is costlier than civic even though Civic is a big car. Servicing cost is also high and a small replacement costs bomb"

My honest pick is Punto over Fabia.

Guys,
BS-IV Fabia has been released?
The sales guys of Skoda are saying the spares rates have come down after VW started supplying the parts from last 2 months. So they are saying the rates have come down because there is no import duites to it.

Punto 1.2 Emotion is also in my mind, but the interior quality is really sad.

The saftey features of Fabia is what is missing in other similar models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I read somewhere that Fabia 1.2 has been discontinued for time being and will be re-introduced around september this year with the same engine as the Polo.

Overall the maintenance costs of Fabia are much higher compared to Punto. A friend drives a Fabia diesel, he is not happy with the car due to high cost of ownership and high NVH levels.
Oops, thats a big suprise. I think then VW would be making the new Fabia in Pune.
Old 8th May 2010, 09:48   #167
BHPian

@thread starter

166 replies : 12 pages : time to take a decision mate
Old 9th May 2010, 18:27   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
@thread starter

166 replies : 12 pages : time to take a decision mate
Hi Amogh,

Putting the cash together. There have been unexpected delays without which there would probably have been a decision announced by now, but this thread has helped me learn so much. I will be taking a decision soon and will post the thoughts and pictures up here when I do.

Tushar
Old 9th May 2010, 23:12   #169
BHPian

If its going to be a regular on the highways, go for a bigger car. Perhaps the Manza? Happy driving
Old 10th May 2010, 00:11   #170
BANNED

Guys,It would be worthwhile to have a poll on this. My vote goes for I20. It's the best hatchback for highway.
Old 10th May 2010, 23:36   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadracer View Post
Guys,It would be worthwhile to have a poll on this. My vote goes for I20. It's the best hatchback for highway.
Hi,
This is not an academic thread, but one I created to help me make a buying decision. i20, for all it's merits is way beyond my budget range for the high end version. It's because of all the criteria seldom gets weighed in casting a vote that I didn't create a poll on this one.
Tushar
Old 11th May 2010, 00:28   #172
BHPian

i20 and the best for highways???

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadracer View Post
Dude have you driven the i20. There is no such thing as a steering feed back in this car and high speed stability has his limits. wouldnt push it beyond 120.

Pray do tell us why you feel i20 is the best highway hatch.
Old 11th May 2010, 17:51   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
Dude have you driven the i20. There is no such thing as a steering feed back in this car and high speed stability has his limits. wouldnt push it beyond 120. Pray do tell us why you feel i20 is the best highway hatch.
Actually, I agree with him - the i20 is a great car for highway use. (I have a 1.2 petrol)

1) Power - The petrol is powerful enough for Indian roads, and the diesel is very quick indeed. After reading about the "OMG its underpowered" threads here was a bit wary on my first few highway trips, but had no such problems. overtaking and zooming past vehicles was a breeze. Cruising at 140+ (indicated) for a couple of hours was effortless.

2) Stability - Because of the wide stance the car has, the stability you get while cornering at high speeds is very good, even on the stock tyres. Did a few high speed turns and was pleasantly surprised at the zero body roll and good grip.

3) Safety - ABS, EBD, Airbags, good impact ratings etc make you drive and feel safer on our notorious death traps called highways.

4) Comfort - for long trips where you and your family have to spend many hours in the car, comfort is very important. The i20 cabin is very spacious, nicely trimmed out and the driver seat height/steering column adjusts come in handy too.

5) Reliability - The car is very reliable (like most modern cars) and well built, so no worries there either. Unless, of course, one does something dumb and does not check tyre pressure/oil levels etc before a long trip

The new diesel with 6 gears could be an even better experience on the highway, but will reserve judgment on that until someone posts a review ;-)

In any case, the i20 is out of contention for Tushar as it's out of his budget, so this is not really relevant to this thread.

Note from Mod : This thread has more than sufficient replies to help the OP choose his car (all 12 pages of them). Thread closed

Last edited by GTO : 12th May 2010 at 15:06. Reason: Adding thread closure note
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks