Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2010, 01:23   #16
Senior - BHPian

Wonder cars is in Chinchwad close to the Tata factory circle next to the Shell petrol pump.

I bought my Swift Zxi from My car in Dec 08. Nice people. My vehicle has done 9800 Kms up till now and has absolutely no rattles. I think a lot depends on how you drive the car and look after it.
Old 4th April 2010, 05:24   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
By the way it looks like Swift kseries not being available for Td is universal. Same in chennai. The guy said, car is selling well enough without TD!
Sheer arrogance. I sincerely hope someone brings a real challenger to the K-series petrol.
Old 4th April 2010, 22:22   #18
Senior - BHPian

TD'ed the Swift ZXi today. Dealership experience (Chowgule) was pretty good. There is a price bump of Rs.2.5k.
I like the smooth engine,nice and comfy driving position, the gearbox,ride wasnt as harsh as I expected and the rear isnt all that cramped (atleast, as much as I had expected it to be). The boot space is laughable, but then, for a city hatch, I guess its okay.
Most importantly though, there werent any rattles whatsoever, everything felt tightly screwed and in its right place.

Figo has a better sound system, atleast to my untrained ear.

As of now, I found the drive for both of them to be evenly matched (in terms of "feeling" nice). Looks like I will have to toss a coin and going ahead with the booking of whichever wins.
Old 4th April 2010, 22:27   #19
Team-BHP Support

@sajo--if i were to go car buying today, i would have just these two options in my mind which you have,i mean how can two minds think alike,
petrol vs diesel
Ford vs Maruti, terrific isn't it?

no sedans/used as my place won't allow these luxuries, believe me if you pop this question to me, i too might flip a coin,
Old 4th April 2010, 22:32   #20
Senior - BHPian

@sheel, You are so right man. Whichever one I choose, in no way implies that the other one was a bad choice and I would wholeheartedly recommend it to others too.
Old 6th April 2010, 14:36   #21
Senior - BHPian

After much deliberation (and confusion), I will probably go ahead and book a Diamond White Figo TDCi Titanium this week (if I can sneak out of office early), or on the weekend. With ofcourse, the not-really-that-bad Coral interiors :-).
I hope the dealer sticks to his 20 day delivery schedule as said on the phone ("No sir, it was always minimum 30 days", a different SP told me in person the very next day).
Old 6th April 2010, 14:55   #22
BHPian

You can try out VW Polo which comes at 5.9 Lakhs on road in Blore and also Skoda Fabia at 6.1 Lakhs after discounts. And there is Tata Indica Vista Aura with Airbags and ABS at 5.4 Lakhs on road.

I am also in the same hunting process. But ruled out Swift due to its saftey features. But its a good car for city driving. If you are planning for long drives with bad roads, look out for a stronger and safer car. But these cars come with a price and also lower fuel economy.

Figo is fully loaded, one of the good cars which I have also seen for the price. But service and parts needs to be checked.

One option which even I am doing is going to all dealers of various models. First time to see the car, next time to check the finance, next a test drive and again review all these and again to negiotate on the price and goodies.

Take your time since its a long term investment and check out all options before selecting.
Old 6th April 2010, 15:07   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadri007 View Post
You can try out VW Polo which comes at 5.9 Lakhs on road in Blore and also Skoda Fabia at 6.1 Lakhs after discounts. And there is Tata Indica Vista Aura with Airbags and ABS at 5.4 Lakhs on road.
Kadri, in Pune the Polo comfortline comes for 5,54,845 bucks OTR, but no ABS or Airbags. As I said, I really do want a "loaded" variant for my money. The HL variant comes for 6.53 L.

Vista is a very good car (for the price) and I had TD'ed it a few months ago, but I dont really want another Tata (after experiencing them in the family since the year 2000). Punto is also ruled out for the same reasons. (Tata A.S.S.).
Old 6th April 2010, 15:27   #24
Senior - BHPian

You have made the right choice.

- Figo is a newer model
- It has a more spacious cabin
- It has the best boot space in hatchbacks
- At the same price, you are getting a diesel engine !

Your usage may be less right now, but it is bound to increase in the future. Then you would thank your stars that you bought a diesel.

Since you plan to keep it for at least 5 years, resale value should not be a deciding factor.

Again, since you plan to keep it for at least 5 years, it is better to buy a new spacious hatch instead of a used sedan.

Rohan
Old 6th April 2010, 18:43   #25
Senior - BHPian

Yes, Figo is the best! I too arrived at this after test-driving most of its competitors.

In fact I am trying to convince myself (using the head) to go back to liking the Swift, for its resale value and service network. But the heart keeps saying Figo. Funny, because Swift was a heart choice before I test-drove both .
Old 8th April 2010, 00:15   #26
Senior - BHPian

I am attaching an excel sheet I prepared to put down my considerations in this Swift vs Figo decision. It may be useful for other users to tweak this excel sheet to make "what car" decisions.

My position is this: Currently drive a Xeta, but want to change it because of late it is giving only 10kmpl, the service people at Tata keep screwing up things with the car, Xeta is discontinued, and I am bored of driving this car with its awkward sitting position. Currently it is at break even point (loan outstanding amount is equal to resale value), and I have an outlay of Rs.1.4 lakhs for buying the next car. My monthly running is 1000kms, and I do a long drive like once in 4 months or once in 6 months.

In the excel sheet, I have detailed the costs, pros and cons of
1) Keeping the Xeta till the loan gets paid off
2) Selling the Xeta and buying Swift Lxi
3) Selling the Xeta and buying Swift Ldi
4) Selling the Xeta and buying Figo Exi diesel

Surprisingly, in all four options, my monthly expenses (EMI + fuel cost) are *almost* the same. Similarly, what I would have at the end of the car's loan tenure, is same in all four cases.

Questions I should ask myself:
1. If costs are same, should I go for a change?
2. If costs are same, why shouldn't I go for a change?

Considering all aspects detailed in the excel sheet, it is a close tie between Swift Lxi and Figo Exi in my mind.
Attached Files
File Type: xls car cost per month.xls (26.0 KB, 966 views)

Last edited by rajushank84 : 8th April 2010 at 00:28.
Old 8th April 2010, 00:17   #27
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the excel attachment doesn't download correctly, so I am just attaching a screenshot of the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Figo TDCi Titanium or Swift ZXi ?-carcost.jpg  

Old 8th April 2010, 00:22   #28
Senior - BHPian

Thanks sajo,

If your average running per month is going to be at about 1000KM then you might as well go for a petrol car.
If you ask me I would say Figo Petrol Titanium or the Swift Zxi!
Old 8th April 2010, 12:21   #29
BHPian

Hi Sajo!
I am from pune and have been thru the exact same emotions you are going thru
i have a swift zxi.
and i booked a figo last month. it is expected to come in a few weeks time now.
would recommend the figo.
if you are going to use 18 kms one way, forget the petrol.
i have done elaborate calculations about the cost of owning a diesel and a petrol. i would say, the cost balances itself out at around 55 thousand kms (with interest for the more money spend on the diesel up front) for the figo.
the petrol zxi and diesel titanuim figo cost the same.
their cost of running will not be the same.

i am not entirely happy with the swift. the reverse gear is a disaster! and so is its clutch.

if you want, you can get in touch with me. i ll share some more experience when we went to buy the figo.

sarang
Old 8th April 2010, 12:45   #30
BHPian

I worked out on Fuel economy based on distance which I may travel, This
might help to calculate the annual costs.
Attached Thumbnails
Figo TDCi Titanium or Swift ZXi ?-fuel-economy.jpg  

Last edited by kadri007 : 8th April 2010 at 12:50.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks