Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2010, 15:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleman View Post
Owner says his wife drives it and sounds like not at all open to negotiations. Should I let it go and look elsewhere?
All the more the reason for negotiate harder - this appears to be a common claim - wife drives it, doctor owned.. et al! Throw in a fast one saying women are prone to ride the clutch and that the engine wouldn't have been broken in properly!!

But some of my observations - 2005 model and 32K means the tyres are due for a change. Suspension merits a look. Should be BSII compliant and must have gone through various types of fuel - so check the exhaust, especially the last end of the muffler. Take a look at the insurance policy and see what is the IDV. It also helps if you talk to the service station where the vehicle was serviced. You have to buy a with your heart, but let the brain fix the price!!

And since you mentioned the Palio, yes sometimes it drives you crazy waiting for a part. (Once I had to wait for three months for a door beading - the sight of the torn rubber used to drive me crazy. After three months, when the part came - I was elated - know why? the specific part was not made locally - they had to import it all the way from Brazil!). AFAIK, normally the manufacturers keep stock of spares for quite some time even after the vehicle taken off the production line. Fusion should not be an exception.
Old 11th April 2010, 22:00   #17
BHPian

Thanks guys.
One question though:
2005 Fusion Plus had ROCAM engine?
Old 11th April 2010, 22:35   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks guys.
One question though:
No its the Duratech. In fact Duratech was first introduced in Fusion.
Also you can check with me if you have any specific questions on the Fusion.
I have been driving the 2005 Fusion + all these times.

Last edited by ampere : 11th April 2010 at 22:37.
Old 20th April 2010, 08:06   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All, I've been looking for a big hatchback and always had a liking for fusion. Now I've come across a Fusion+ with ABS which is a 2005 model and has run 32K. Owner is quoting 3.6L and non-negotiable.
Is it a fair price? I looked around a bit and felt it is quite steep.

Please help with your responses. Thanks a ton.
Contrary to most people on this forum, i think this is a fair price considering the resale prices in BLR which is significantly higher than anywhere else in India. I spent over 6-8months searching for a pre-owned Ford Fusion in BLR, and unless the car was abused, the typical price quoted for a 2005 year Fusion+ model would be around 4L. I eventually picked up mine from Bombay (where the resale values are much lower and cars are not as well maintained IMHO) for a shade under 3L. I guess i would need to pay a hefty amount as road-tax though.

If the car is in good condition, would suggest you to go for it. Fusion+ with ABS is not so easily available. Believe me in 6-8 months of search, came across hardly 3-4 cars on sale and more prospective buyers than sellers. Its a VFM car at its current price point.
Old 20th April 2010, 09:58   #20
Senior - BHPian

3.6 l is way too high for a Fusion.

Ford does not command a high re sale value in the Pre Used car market.

Moreover, Fusion had never been a popular model and had meagre sales.

Considering the above, 2.4-2.8 lacs is the max. you should shell out.
Old 20th April 2010, 10:38   #21
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

2005 Fusion Plus is a good car. It came with the Petrol Duratech engine. Nice and responsive.
Good vehicle. Bangalore prices are always a little higher than the rest of India on account of higher entry/road tax etc.
Hence, I would try and negotiate to cut the deal at 3 lacs (ideal) to 3.25 lacs (MAX) provided the car is owner driven, well kept and comes with a complete service history. it should have tyres in decent condition. battery should be in good to go condition.
there should be no bangs and scratches.
and I would negotiate with the guy by telling him that anyway it is a 5 year old now and the vehicle is being discontinued by Ford.
Else, I would hunt about a bit till I find a nice 2008 model Fusion Plus TDCi with ABS and buy that, albeit at a higher rate. That is indeed a very good car and I really like it as an alternative to a new hatch.

all the best

Quote:
Thanks guys.
One question though:
Old 20th April 2010, 16:42   #22
BHPian

My Two cents here to praise Fusion. I have driven my dads fusion and you have to drive it to believe its comforts. It is indeed a true station wagon type vehicle available in India.
High ground clearance, passenger safety and stable ride at high speeds are its forte. Ans space-it has one like tata's estate. Looks like figo's big brother. Ford now has brought down the service costs directly as service advisers at showroom say that ford wants to get into mass market now so the same part that used to cost me moolah is now affordable.
So if you are looking for American cars type comforts and find a good condition fusion that there is nothing like it.
Old 27th April 2010, 10:19   #23
BHPian

Thanks a lot guys.

You'll here from me in a couple of days

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks