Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2010, 19:13   #16
BHPian

Hey!

Any idea how much the base model (Crdi) that has the ABS+EBD is ?
Would that be the i20 sports or the asta?

Thanks
Old 18th May 2010, 13:02   #17

Abs

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyking View Post
Hey!

Thanks

Same doubt - Does the i20 Sports have ABS or not ? Hyundai customer care seems to think it does, whereas the dealer (V3 / DSC say that only Asta has ABS) - Can some knowledgable soul confirm :-)

Thanks in advance.
Old 18th May 2010, 18:01   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebu View Post
Same doubt - Does the i20 Sports have ABS or not ? Hyundai customer care seems to think it does, whereas the dealer (V3 / DSC say that only Asta has ABS) - Can some knowledgable soul confirm :-)

Thanks in advance.
I guess the best thing is to go to a showroom, lift the hood of a i20 sportz and check if the ABS control module is there. Its like a small water pump with thin metallic wire like attachments with ABS control module etc etc written on it.
Old 19th May 2010, 23:26   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebu View Post

Thanks in advance.
Models are
Era - Base
Magna -
Sportz - only with driver airbag
Asta - Driver and Passenger airbags with ABS
Old 20th May 2010, 15:32   #20
Senior - BHPian

selva,

I strongly suggest you buy BS3 as it has rear discs and ABS or else buy BS IV with ABS.
I drive a getz crdi and i know importance of rear disc + ABS. Many times jumped big speedbreakers because of car not stopping on time. Doing highspeeds is becoming risky these days.

I think even this will be applicable to i20 as its engine is quite powerful.

All getz crdi owners would have spent an additional amount for Reardisc + ABS but hyundai was not hell bent on five star safety that time. All important was to sell the car. Now they have realized safety is important and hence they are sticking a five star safety sticker even on i20 without ABS & airbags.
Old 20th May 2010, 15:46   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
I guess the best thing is to go to a showroom, lift the hood of a i20 sportz and check if the ABS control module is there. Its like a small water pump with thin metallic wire like attachments with ABS control module etc etc written on it.
You need not open hood. Just check whether car is equipped with rear discs. If it has then it will have brake force modulator aka ABS.
Old 12th July 2010, 23:53   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyking View Post
Hey!

Thanks
ABS is not available on BS-IV i20 CRDI Magna and Sportz. They are providing it only with Asta version now.
No clue whether All wheel disc breaks are still coming on Sportz and Magna version.
Old 13th July 2010, 08:30   #23
BHPian

I picked up a BSIII i20 CRDi Magna in April . i could have waited for a few weeks for the BSIV model to come up, but after having seen the specs for both cars ( the new brochure and spec list was available at the dealer ) I chose to go with BSIII.

Three main reasons for the decision:

- ABS and rear discs. As discussed in the forum
- Manual AC in BSIII model. I think it was a good call, as I havent faced any AC issues with the car even in peak summer ( 44 degrees ). I dont have a clear explanation, but I guess manual AC is more effective. Is it because of the filter reducing the airflow in FATC? or is it because FATC lets in fresh air from time to time? dont know.
- I drive around a lot to places where BSIV fuel may not be available. This may not have any impact, but I thought ( not sure how far I am correct here ) that BSIII engines may be more tolerant to non-BSIV fuel. In any case, this was not a major factor in my decision.

I think I am heading for a situation soon as I have to shift from Hyderabad. Let me see what challenges I have in re-registering!

Another aspect I havent considered is resale. Perhaps BSIV models may fetch better prices?

What I may be missing in BSIV car ( I thought about this before making the call )

- FATC ( I didnt need it )
- Chrome grille ( didnt interest me )
- ORVM turn lights ( ok..)
- Integrated Music system has silver colour instead of the dark brown in BSIII ( I thought the BSIII one blended overall better and stayed inconspicous )
- Blue console lights and info screen ( 50-50. I am perfectly fine with the red lights )
- Gear shift indicator ( not reqd, but possibly a good toy to have.. )
- 6th Gear ( I dont really know about this. Maybe a good option on long drives. Perhaps it may return better FE. )

Last edited by Bigzero : 13th July 2010 at 08:36.
Old 13th July 2010, 19:40   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshK View Post
BS IV CRDI i20 Magna costs 7,41,476 OTR at Bangalore. I think this is more than the BS III. The BS IV magna doesnot comes with ABS+All Wheel Disc brake, but have the additional feature of 6 speed gearbox, USB port, FACT.

For me, I will prefer the BSIII, but choice is yours

Thanks
Rajesh
So they have added one gear to go at higher speed but removed rear discs which may help you stop from high speed , what kind of logic Huyndai uses ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks