Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2010, 17:02   #16
Senior - BHPian

What do you think if my magna ? Better than a Stock Sportz? ;-)

If you are an ICE freak, get the magna, if you can do with below average sound / music get the Sportz

Last edited by Mi10 : 14th June 2010 at 17:03.
Old 14th June 2010, 17:07   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishab.k View Post
You must also be getting the free insurance & 3rd year warranty on the i10.Aren't you?
Yepa rishab, You are right. I get these along with the new i10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
Finally! Found your thread.
If you really think that you'll need all the extra features go for the sportz.

Except for Rear defogger/wash-wipe and adjustable headrests, there is nothing else in that list that cannot be skipped.

Also what is the point of getting the stock ICE (by paying over the Magna) and then replacing it a later stage (unless that stage is more than a year far).

My advice will be to save some dough and go for Magna. Install ICE as per your requirements. Also, Faux metal trims and rear spoiler can easily be installed aftermarket. The aftermarket spoiler can be bought for less than half the price of the OEM spec and still be the same in design and fitting. (PM me if you need help regarding this. Know of a bhpian from chandigarh who can ship the thing to anywhere in India and he is a fair dealer).

Coming back to the topic, go for the Magna unless you are really tempted to get yourself a Sportz version. Atleast am of the opinion that its not worth the extra money especially when you'll be replacing the audio components.

Regards.
YC.BALENO.CHD dude, what you say is also valid. I guess the stock system also has USB. Hence i might not even replace the stock ICE. or if I ever plan to replace the stock ICE, it would surely be after 1 year/1.5 years when I have fully paid my car loan. This makes more sense for me to go for the sportz. *temptations are irresistible*

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Couple of things that made me to choose i10 Sportz over Magna :

- Rear spoiler. Best finish and style. Gives the sportz a complete great look over magna.
- Rear wiper and defogger. Didnt want to trust any outside one other than the stock. A much needed feature.
- ICE. Frankly I wont be able to make out the difference between a stock ICE and a high end ICE Model installed later, thanks to my limited knowledge about it. The stock one suits my needs a lot more than required. But again the stock ICE has got this great finish when compared to any extended version. Only regret being a lack of USB port. But then I am happy with the aux port. Sometimes feel that the four speakers installed are lagging a bit and thinking about adding on the tweeters soon;.
- Back seat head rest : Another important point. My friend has magna and I could immediately feel the difference when I sat in for the first time. Good comfort for those who are in the rear seats, especially during a long drive.

The rest like boot lamp, metallic finish, etc are not of much use.

As other's expressed, the above stuff can easily be done with a much less price. But I always have this feeling no matter what a company make will always score more compared to others.
samabhi dude, yes all these aftermath fits dont satisfy you. I had enough (money & effort spent) on converting one trim to another. It is just that you do not get the factory fit & finish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPai View Post
MutantX, i would suggest Sportz. I wanted to buy Magna in Nov 2008, but saw that i got rear Wiper, Washer and Defogger with Sportz. I felt then that these two are very very important safety and convenience wise. And time and again i have been vindicated.

I am not much of an audiophile, so cannot comment on ICE. As for me, i am very much satisfied with the stock ICE, never felt that i compromised on anything!
iPai dude, yes especially during rainy season these fitments play a very vital role.But seriously, hyundai could have upsized the tyres, atleast a 14 incher on the Sportz varients.

The KUN guys were not helpful. They did not give me a better quote when compred to the DSC guys. I guess I would take a shot at DSC today. I would test drive today along with my wife and decide. The car is decided, the varient is what is extremely confusing! damn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
What do you think if my magna ? Better than a Stock Sportz? ;-)

If you are an ICE freak, get the magna, if you can do with below average sound / music get the Sportz
ehehe praveen, your MI10 was good. With tyres upsized & with good looking alloys. I seriously dont have the time and money (right now) to spend on customizing the new machine I get. I am still 50 - 50 when it comes to both the trims. I shall go with my wife now to DSC and based on her feedback, I would decide. I have considered all the points highlighted by our bhpians. I will also analyze with the real thing infront of me! If I decide to ICE magna! I am sure I would end up spending 60-70K. If I buy the Sportz! i wouldnt spend anything except for the anti-theft alarm. But let me see.

Last edited by MutantX : 14th June 2010 at 17:12.
Old 14th June 2010, 17:56   #18
BHPian

Go for Sportz, the stock ICE is good enough and sounds pretty cool. The spoiler looks well integrated, rear seat head-rest is really a must have specially for taller-ones, rear viper is again a must have in heavy rains as the side OVRMs don't really work

I am all for sportz & hence never had a doubt when I bought one!!
Old 14th June 2010, 18:34   #19
BHPian

I have just bought an i10 AT. Even we went through the same dilema regarding the variant to choose. In Delhi, the price deifference between Sportz & magna was about 26 K and as far as we were concerned the Rear Defogger & Wash/Wipe was a must for us due to the Delhi winters & road muck that gets kicked up on to the rear screen. Add to that the seperate cost of ICE and it became clear that the Sportz Model was the one to go for as it was proving more vfm. In case you do not need the rear defogger & rear wash/wipe, possibly Magna is more vfm. You can always adjust the ICE to your personal taste. If you can source a solution for aftermarket rear wash/wipe and/or defogger depending on what is needed, then I guess your choice would become even more simpler.
Old 14th June 2010, 19:10   #20
Senior - BHPian

Even i was at the same confusion but i was clear that i did not want the stock ICE, so went in for Magna, added the rear spoiler with 50% discount on it.
As per the options between Magna and Sportz, i feel most important decision is about if you want the Stock ICE or not, if you decide that then it simple to go further.
All the best in advance for your new car.
Old 14th June 2010, 19:49   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post

if I ever plan to replace the stock ICE, it would surely be after 1 year/1.5 years when I have fully paid my car loan. This makes more sense for me to go for the sportz. *temptations are irresistible*

If you don't plan to replace stock ICE soon, then Sportz is the obvious choice. Yeah its hard resisting a fully loaded model.

Regards.
Old 14th June 2010, 19:56   #22
Senior - BHPian

You can always 'invent' the 'Magna-Sportz' model, by getting the Spolier from Hyundai itself for the 'Magna'. And then you can install a custom ICE, which is so cool (than a rear wiper )
Old 14th June 2010, 19:57   #23
BHPian

Ok Guys, here it goes. I have booked a Oyser Grey Sportz model. The total OTR i got after discounts is 4.82L.

The Accessories that I get includes Sun film and door mats. If I had opted for remote locking (Hyundai), DSC said that I would need to shell out another 3k.

The choise of sun film is either garwale or 3m. Garwale is given as a freebie. If I had chosen, 3m then I need to shellout 1k extra. The sun film includes 4 doors, the rear and the winshield.

I would open another thread for the choice of accessories.

Thanks guys you have helped me make a quick decision on the trim. I am sure the Sportz would a fullyloaded model which I need not touch for atleast 1 year
Old 14th June 2010, 20:01   #24
@ri
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
And then you can install a custom ICE, which is so cool (than a rear wiper )
Mi10... the rear wiper is very very important!!!!! I have had endless occasions when I have had to get down from the car in rain to get some of the muck out of the rear windshield.
Old 14th June 2010, 20:09   #25
BHPian

@ri, dude you are right. The rear wiper is important. especially during heavy rains, it does help a lot.

Mi10. I finally got a Sportz!! fully loaded. I wouldnt touch the ICE setup atleast for another 1-2 years. Might upgrade latter. The sales manager said he would SMS me the VIN/engine number today.

Initially there was a little confusion on the color. Wifey was confused between blushing red / solid red & oyster grey! but finally picked the oyster grey which seem to be perfect.
Old 14th June 2010, 20:15   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ri, dude you are right. The rear wiper is important. especially during heavy rains, it does help a lot.

Mi10. I finally got a Sportz!! fully loaded. I wouldnt touch the ICE setup atleast for another 1-2 years. Might upgrade latter. The sales manager said he would SMS me the VIN/engine number today.

Initially there was a little confusion on the color. Wifey was confused between blushing red / solid red & oyster grey! but finally picked the oyster grey which seem to be perfect.
Let me be the first to congratulate you, Arun.

i am happy and relieved now, esp after the last minute ordeal

Any waiting period ?
Old 14th June 2010, 20:30   #27
BHPian

yea mi10. My original budget was 3.85L and now I have ended spending 4.85L. ahaha There is no waiting period. I would get the car on Friday since friday is an auspicious day.
Old 14th June 2010, 21:07   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Mi10. I finally got a Sportz!! fully loaded. I wouldnt touch the ICE setup atleast for another 1-2 years. Might upgrade latter.
Congrats on the purchase dude! And dont worry about the audio especially HU upgrade whenever you wish to do soo. All you have to do is just source the MAGNA/ERA dashkit from Hyundai for your car for 3.5k. here is a link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...-internet.html

cheers
Old 14th June 2010, 21:45   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
Congrats on the purchase dude! And dont worry about the audio especially HU upgrade whenever you wish to do soo. All you have to do is just source the MAGNA/ERA dashkit from Hyundai for your car for 3.5k. here is a link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...-internet.html

cheers
Price dude thanks a lot. I am sure the OE HU would be of good quality. I belong to a category of people who can hardly find the difference between north and south of music (ICE just for the heck of it ) . I wouldnt upgrade it as of now. What I am particular right now is putting some protective matt over the default set of door matts. something which is easily washable and can be cleaned.

Last edited by MutantX : 14th June 2010 at 21:47.
Old 14th June 2010, 21:51   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys you have helped me make a quick decision on the trim. I am sure the Sportz would a fullyloaded model which I need not touch for atleast 1 year
You took the right decision.
I wish you a great time with you're new drive.
It must be wonderful to consecutively own 2 i10s.
Sportz trim might also ensure slightly better resale valuse too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks