Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2010, 07:34   #1
BHPian

Ritz or Figo Petrol?

I am in the market for a small car which will be petrol and will be driven by my wife as well.

I took test drive of Ritz yesterday and was very impressed with the engine, gear shift quality..

Maruti is offering a discount of 22000/- which makes it around 30000/- higher than Figo titanium.. For that price difference, I am getting fat tyres, alloy wheels, rear power windows as extra.

But Figo comes with blue tooth connectivity. But petrol engine has not got many favorable reviews and may not be as fuel efficient as Ritz.

Can you help?.. While I depend on team-bhp for car reviews and have browsed through Reviews few hundred times I am confused about the comparison between the two.
Old 21st June 2010, 08:01   #2
BHPian

Dear Shankaranada, It would be better to analyze based on your usage and budget. Ritz is a wonderful car with a gem of a K-Series engine. Smoothness is the virtue of the ride. Figo carries scaled down and BSIV tweaked engine of the fiestas *please correct me if I am wrong*.

My suggestion is down test drive both cars with your entire family on board. Get the fell of the car and the engine. Once you are comfortable, analyze the machines technically and from the A.S.S perspective.

I would say go for Ritz if you do not mind the looks. All bells and whistles that comes with a car doesnt make it superior compared to the other. You could do aftermath upgrades to get the feature you wanted.

To add to your confusion, you could also have a look at i10 Kappa and the BEAT. The Kappa engine tuned to BSIV norms is extremely fuel efficient and a pleasure to drive. I have recently bought i10 Sportz (Kappa - BSIV - Euro 5 ready ) and find the engine extremely smooth and well refined. On par with the K-Series engines. BEAT is also a direct contender except for the cramped rear seats that are claustrophobic.

Last edited by MutantX : 21st June 2010 at 08:12.
Old 21st June 2010, 08:02   #3
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Go for the Ritz if boot space and the subjective looks are not an issue. The K-series engine is a gem, far better than Figo's mill.
Old 21st June 2010, 08:07   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Go for the Ritz if boot space and the subjective looks are not an issue. The K-series engine is a gem, far better than Figo's mill.
I will agree with this, that the engine is indeed a gem, however, I think that the Figo looks better and has better utilization of interior space. That is, the boot space and the rear seat legroom are both better than the Ritz.

The Figo's ride and handling are also better.
Old 21st June 2010, 08:12   #5
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
I will agree with this, that the engine is indeed a gem, however, I think that the Figo looks better and has better utilization of interior space. That is, the boot space and the rear seat legroom are both better than the Ritz.

The Figo's ride and handling are also better.
Exactly my friend. IMO the Ritz's rear end does not gels well with the front. Just my opinion though. That is why I posted about the subjective looks and the lack of boot space in the Ritz.
Old 21st June 2010, 08:40   #6
BHPian

@shankar

Go for the Ritz my friend. There will be no regrets. I bought a Ritz VXi 5 days ago and I am very impressed with the K series petrol engine. Its truly a gem. Very quiet and nimble.
Aftermarket upgrades can always be done.
Old 21st June 2010, 08:54   #7
BHPian

Had the same dilemma a month back and went for the Figo Petrol Zxi.

It was more because my wife did not like the looks of Ritz but if I were to choose,it would be the Ritz for sure
Old 21st June 2010, 08:57   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Ritz would be a good choice out of the two. However, do look at the BEAT and the i10.

Punto 1.2 emotion also would be in the same ball park. Test drive each of these cars along with the family and take a call.
Old 21st June 2010, 09:00   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Ritz would be a good choice out of the two. However, do look at the BEAT and the i10.

Punto 1.2 emotion also would be in the same ball park. Test drive each of these cars along with the family and take a call.
Good advice, I kind of assumed that it had be one among the two listed. Actually even the Vista 1.2 Safire is a great little car and a test drive is definitely recommended.
Old 21st June 2010, 09:03   #10
Team-BHP Support

For the petrol version nothing like the K-Series 4 Cylinder!
Go for the white coloured Ritz.
Old 21st June 2010, 15:09   #11
BHPian

Hi Joy,

Pls let us know the FE that you are getting with Figo petrol. I think lot of us are in the same dilemma of maruti vs figo and i think the FE is the only concern for Figo.Otherwise,fogo appears to have the upper hand in the features,handling,space dept at least if not sales service.

Eagerly waiting for FIGO petrol FE reports from owners!
Old 21st June 2010, 16:03   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Depends on your requirements.
For perceived lower cost of spares, better FE, and a better engine, go for the Ritz.

For better handling, better comfort, and better interiors, along with better visibility, the Figo is the car.
Old 21st June 2010, 16:06   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Good advice, I kind of assumed that it had be one among the two listed. Actually even the Vista 1.2 Safire is a great little car and a test drive is definitely recommended.
Guys,

Small clarification.. I have test driven almost all cars in the market and have narrowed it to these two. Ritz would have been out of picture if not the 22000/- discount they are offering. (With this the difference between the two is 30000 for which Ritz gets alloy wheels, fog lamps, steering wheel mounted audio controls).

With the discount, the difference is not much between Figo and Ritz and believe me when I say the Ritz engine and Gearshift are superb. Interiors are pleasing (surprising for a maruti car) and feel much better compared to Figo.

I will aslo be interested in the Fuel efficiency of Figo in city/highway from owners only. (Please provide only Petrol mileage.. I am not considering Diesel at this point).
Old 21st June 2010, 17:14   #14
BHPian

This one is easy. I would vote for Ritz since you don't seem to have a problem with the looks. I dare say that the Ritz is a generation ahead of the Figo, and comes with a great heart (engine) and awesome legs (transmission). Only the rear sticks out too much for most people's tastes
Old 21st June 2010, 17:24   #15
Senior - BHPian

Ritz all the way! I took my nephew's ZXi model for a spin on the highway recently and was bowled over! Biding my time to turn in the Alto and buy a Ritz petrol now!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks