Team-BHP - Best sub 50k car?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Hatchbacks (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/)
-   -   Best sub 50k car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/8472-best-sub-50k-car.html)

HI,
Can someone tell me which is the best sub 50k car (used) i can pick up from B'lore/Mumbai?

Car Should be petrol and post 1985

thnks in advance,
Tom

You can get a Daewoo Matiz for about 75k.. i suggest you go for that since it will be much modern than other "post 1985" cars

If not interested in Matiz, then you can try:
Contessa Classic
Fiat NE
Fiat Padmini
Suzuki 800
Maruti Van type 1 (that high roof one)

Hey Tom,

To add to dceites list, how about considering an older Maruti Gypsy or a Mahindra CJ340? You could get plenty within the 50 - 60 K range.

They would be relatively cheaper to get back to good shape too.

GTO

Hmm.
tough. A cielo comes for 70K and so does the 1000.
A pug 309 GL may be possible.

in bombay u can get a maruti 1000 , 800 , daewoo cielo , padmini ,contessa, ambassdor in the sub 50k bracket if you add few thousands more you will proberbly get a astra or a esteem...the safest bet would be a 800 if you plan to use it as a daily runabout.

I would get a 800 for that budget, and it would be post 1990s too.

I think 800 is a good choice, the maintanence cost too will be very less compared to other bigger cars.

Sold my 1987 and 1988 Maruti in 22k range in Delhi!

get Matiz, the cars a beauty
and personally I haven't yet faced a problem with servicing of that car
the old Daewoo showroom (now Ford showroom) takes care of all Daewoo vechicals :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom
Car Should be petrol and post 1985

Tom, why is this strict specification? Are you looking for non MPFI cars only? :confused:

maybe to add the lpg/cng kit to the car.

I would suggest the Contee. You will get lots of cars in your price range

The Indian muscle car :D

The Cielo is good if ur a car enthusiast. But it'll be very heavy on the pocket. Besides this, i would say ignore Daewoo as the company is shut down and spares will be difficult to get, and will also be expensive.

Go for a Maruti, very easy to maintain and is also practical

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy
I would suggest the Contee. You will get lots of cars in your price range

The Indian muscle car :D

Dipppy rocks clap:

A contess is what I will recommend too.

you can get it for 40K with a/c powersteering,power windows and central locking. :D (its true.

gives 8kmpl, runs on petrol and runs quick, is robust and safe, looks too good(American muscle anyone??)and is comfortable(a/c is good too)

And the best of All boy its Rear wheel drive clap:

caution: people will curse you thinking you some politician is riding in that contessa

A Matiz makes good sense. And if you stay in Mumbai / Bangalore, parts and maintainence should not be a very big issue. Infact it will be a lot more reliable than others.