Team-BHP - old alto or 800
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Hatchbacks (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/)
-   -   old alto or 800 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/8507-old-alto-800-a.html)

i own a wagonr and am looking for a second hand car for my wife between alto and 800. i have heard that there was a 5 speed gear box 1000cc engine previously alto launched previously which is extremely good, is it true ? any suggestions?

yeah its our desi pocket rocket !
i love it ... i'd buy the 1.1L over a new zen anyday ...

yes, there was a alto 1.1 vxi version, which borrowed mechanicals from the wagon-r; had a 1063cc engine, 63 bhp, et.al... a very nice car, i might add...except maruti saw it as a threat to the zen, and discontinued it...

a good buy if you can find one in pristine condition...a definite steal over the now-defunct 800.... (actually, the 800's been defunct from the past 6 years or so...)

yup, get that alto 1.1. stay away frm 800 mate. though 800 maybe cheaper, a lot than the 1.1 alto provided you find it.

still an alto is far better than the old 800

Only reason why you would still buy a 800 over Alto 1.1 is FE and nothing else.

Alto any day over zen and 800. Go for alto.

Quote:

Originally Posted by raja_ys
i own a wagonr and am looking for a second hand car for my wife between alto and 800. i have heard that there was a 5 speed gear box 1000cc engine previously alto launched previously which is extremely good, is it true ? any suggestions?

Alto 1.1 is anyday better over 800 :D

Infact, it was the fastest among all the A/B/B+ segment cars till it was in production... (barring Palio GTX ofcourse)

yeah the alto 1.1 is a very good car and i'll prefer it even better than wagonr
its also fully loaded with pr. steering Go for it man!!!

[quote=turbo_lover]yeah its our desi pocket rocket !

hey! nice one turbo_lover...

The Alto definitely whether its an 800 cc or a used 1.1 litre.

The alto is many times safer compared to the 800. Pls refrain from buying an 800 for UR WIFE!
I'm not condemning existing 800 owners, cos i love the 800 too. But, now u have a modern alternative to the 800. Its like comparing an aged grandfather (800) with a teenaged grandson (alto).

Pls, i dont want to start another "coffee-toffee" argument over here.

Alto 1.1 is faaast man something line 13s for 0-100.

Well it may not be that easy to get an Alto 1.1 in the market. But any day an Alto is better than an 800.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous
The Alto definitely whether its an 800 cc or a used 1.1 litre.

The alto is many times safer compared to the 800. Pls refrain from buying an 800 for UR WIFE!
I'm not condemning existing 800 owners, cos i love the 800 too. But, now u have a modern alternative to the 800. Its like comparing an aged grandfather (800) with a teenaged grandson (alto).

Pls, i dont want to start another "coffee-toffee" argument over here.

Can't agree more. Buy the 800 only if you can't afford anything else.
Try hunting around for the 1.1Alto. Great performance, and mileage is good too :)