Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2010, 17:05   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post
Good! Am not sure if you have mentioned - how is the gearshift?
I am specific because some of the Palio Stiles made in 2008 had problems with the clutch rod - including my SDX!!
This is a 2009 model SDE. Gearshift was easy when I took the test drive. Not as sure slotted as the punto since the stick is long, but decent. My i10 1.2 kappa has the best positioned gearshift with superb accuracy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
congratulations
can't wait for you to you to upload the pics
Manikjeet, the pics are uploaded of the car I have booked on page 2 of this thread. Please check it out. The last few pics are of the Indica Vista Anniversary Edition interior.
Old 7th August 2010, 18:03   #167
BHPian

Congrats ByDesign for finally getting the car of your dreams.

Even though I've not posted much in this thread, have been following it closely from the very beginning.
Old 7th August 2010, 21:20   #168
BHPian

Hi Arun,

Thanks very much. I certainly hope she does me well
Old 12th August 2010, 20:47   #169
BHPian

Registration was completed today! I now have a confirmed DL number for my new medium grey tank! Delivery is tomorrow! Can't wait.
Old 12th August 2010, 22:54   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByDesign View Post
Registration was completed today! I now have a confirmed DL number for my new medium grey tank! Delivery is tomorrow! Can't wait.
Congratulations! Wish you many happy miles on her.
Old 12th August 2010, 23:55   #171
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations! I wish you and a long and successful relationship with your car. It needs a little bit of attention at times and one needs to stick to service schedules religiously, but I have not had any issues that have made me think twice before taking it out to the highways (and I am alone on my trips 90% of the time).

Just two pieces of advice:
1. Make sure you buy good quality wider tyres instead of those horrible GY GPS2 that are OE (preferably 185, atleast 175) even if you don't buy alloys. They will change the dynamics of the car to let you enjoy them to the fullest. Change them immediately after taking delivery so that you get maximum value out of your existing tyres.

2. Try to stick to a good ASC who is knowledgeable about Fiats.

All the Best. I think you are probably the last buyer of the Palio Multijet in this city if not the entire country, so you have the last piece of the Fiat 178 platform legend that has been much praised and much maligned at the same time.
Old 13th August 2010, 00:15   #172
Senior - BHPian

I went through this thread all at once,all 12 pages.Was an extremely good read!
A hearty congratulations for you.After all this trouble you have finally got your love!
Just hope everything goes well for you and the car and dont forget to create a ownership thread when you get!

regards
avishar
Old 13th August 2010, 00:17   #173
Senior - BHPian

Good to see your dilemma ending on a happy note. Happy Fiating! I hope to join the Palio bandwagon very soon, if Fiat indeed would deliver mine
Old 13th August 2010, 09:41   #174
BHPian

ByDesign,

This thread reminds me of Robert Frost:
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by; And that has made all the difference".

Because:
1. You are listening to your heart and buying a manufacture discontinued car.
2. You are taking delivery on Friday the 13th, just because you can no longer wait to drive this beauty.

Old 14th August 2010, 17:23   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
Congratulations! Wish you many happy miles on her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Congratulations! I wish you and a long and successful relationship with your car. It needs a little bit of attention at times and one needs to stick to service schedules religiously, but I have not had any issues that have made me think twice before taking it out to the highways (and I am alone on my trips 90% of the time).

Just two pieces of advice:
1. Make sure you buy good quality wider tyres instead of those horrible GY GPS2 that are OE (preferably 185, atleast 175) even if you don't buy alloys. They will change the dynamics of the car to let you enjoy them to the fullest. Change them immediately after taking delivery so that you get maximum value out of your existing tyres.

2. Try to stick to a good ASC who is knowledgeable about Fiats.

All the Best. I think you are probably the last buyer of the Palio Multijet in this city if not the entire country, so you have the last piece of the Fiat 178 platform legend that has been much praised and much maligned at the same time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
I went through this thread all at once,all 12 pages.Was an extremely good read!
A hearty congratulations for you.After all this trouble you have finally got your love!
Just hope everything goes well for you and the car and dont forget to create a ownership thread when you get!

regards
avishar
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Good to see your dilemma ending on a happy note. Happy Fiating! I hope to join the Palio bandwagon very soon, if Fiat indeed would deliver mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post
ByDesign,

This thread reminds me of Robert Frost:
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by; And that has made all the difference".

Because:
1. You are listening to your heart and buying a manufacture discontinued car.
2. You are taking delivery on Friday the 13th, just because you can no longer wait to drive this beauty.

Brought home my baby today! Friday the 13th didn't work out as a good day as I got stuck in a meeting till late. But all's well that ends well. I drove my baby home this evening. She's standing quietly outside under the trees. I just love how this car drives itself, never been happier in my life. It just picks itself up in 2nd or 3rd or 4th gear even at extremely low speeds it's just wonderful. I can overtake people in traffic by just regulating the clutch. The AC chilled me to the bone and everything is working A-ok. I will create an initial ownership thread in the appropriate section very soon. It's raining so I can't take pictures of my new car. It's the same car as seen in page 2 of this thread and also my avi pic.

At the outset, I'd like to thank all of you very much for helping me through this process. Amartya, ch.nathan, tortoiseNhare, architect sir, funkykar, and the rest who's names I can't remember simply off hand. But I appreciate each and every one of your inputs, comments and criticism. As I smile and read the first posts in this thread, I knew then in my heart that I'd drive this beautiful Palio Stile 1.3 MJD home. And now, she's a part of my life!

ByDesign out!

PS: This is my 75th post! Aka my car also has 75 PS of power

Last edited by ByDesign : 14th August 2010 at 17:27.
Old 14th August 2010, 21:36   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByDesign View Post
I knew then in my heart that I'd drive this beautiful Palio Stile 1.3 MJD home. And now, she's a part of my life!
, makes us happy to know that you are happy. I am glad that you went for something after your heart, that's the purpose of an automobile.

Wishing you many miles of happiness in what is your first car, let me tell you, the excitement doesn't get better than this, so enjoy it to the fullest. Later on, you'd buy more expensive and better cars, but nothing will ever come close to replacing the Palio.

When the rains subside, or you feel like it, open an ownership thread. Use some of the material from this thread as the background to kick start it without too much effort. There are very few Palio diesel reviews on the forum, yours would be a sought after read.
Old 14th August 2010, 22:01   #177
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new soulmate. A Happy ending!!

Post some pics bhai!
Old 15th August 2010, 12:29   #178
Senior - BHPian

Now didn't I say earlier on that you'd end up with a Palio MJD and nothing else ?

Congrats on the car.

Take her out on the highways, and you'll realize what a Fiat is meant for ...

Last edited by sdp1975 : 15th August 2010 at 12:30.
Old 15th August 2010, 15:14   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Now didn't I say earlier on that you'd end up with a Palio MJD and nothing else ?

Congrats on the car.

Take her out on the highways, and you'll realize what a Fiat is meant for ...
Thanks SDP for your inputs earlier. And yes, you did say so!

And Amartya, I drove her to the international airport and back today. Very fulfilling drive indeed. I will post my detailed initial ownership report in a couple of hours in the appropriate section with pictures as well.
Old 15th August 2010, 20:51   #180
BHPian

Guys, I've posted pics and initial ownership review in the forum! Please check it out!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks