Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2010, 14:14   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Even if the issues with the car are minor ones and can be fixed, the bigger problem will be with registering the vehicle. If ByDesign does not have an address outside Delhi, this is a major problem.
Alright lads, I'm here. First of all, thanks to Sameer for the critical info. Now, the car was brought down for me to test drive and I MIGHT remember the odometer stuck at 75km before the TD and after the TD. This point itched at the back of my mind but I did not follow up on it, as I had no idea this was possible (i.e. disconnecting the odo). I only knew after reading the PDI checklist on Team-BHP.

I have read tortoiseNhare's ownership reports in full detail (along with Architect's) and this wiper motor problem etc. is consistent with loose couplings. When I test drove the Palio however, the air con was bone chilling. I simply loved it. I will talk to the dealership today keeping the ex showroom price offered by tortoiseNhare (thanks very much for that PDF). If this whole experience goes to waste, i.e. the palio does not work out, I will book the Indica Vista 2nd Anniversary Edition instead (Safire Drivetech 4). I will keep you all updated and thanks very much so far for all your support and concern.

The registration is still an issue, but I will sort something out for that.

Last edited by ByDesign : 26th July 2010 at 14:16.
Old 26th July 2010, 14:18   #107
Senior - BHPian

^ With the critical bits of information, I am sure you would make the correct decision. Is a 2010 Palio Stile SDX being offered at your delaership like how I ordered in Bangalore. Mind you it could be 60-90 days wait period as its made to order.
Old 26th July 2010, 14:21   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
The AC might need gas refilling. It is supposed to be normal for a car lying idle for a long period of time. The odometer needle, central lock, wiper motor etc. may not work if the couplings (found inside the right part of the dashboard) for electric connections are loose. The problem happened with my SDE too and all it needed was to pull the coupling out and push in again.

Misalignment of bonnet and bumper is not acceptable.
Bro, all these issues I know can be sorted out as I am PUG member and also very regular at team-bhp, but the reluctance on the part of dealership to attend those were something to be bothered. I told them AC needs gas refill, they were throwing all kind of excuses to not to do that. I know the electrical of Palio are not great and some very good and experienced electrician can work on them.
Anyways, as I said there were score of few more stuff other than all this.

I am in no ways declaring its a totally lemon car but it had its share which needed detailed attention before being purchased and got to road for regular driving.

But tell me what would you do if you are told this is very-very special order booking done by you and this is how we got from factory and there is not much we can do about it and not willing to look into all issues.

Their repair mechanics were much better in demoralising and I was laughing at Fiats fate while doing PDI of car at repair shop. They said sir ji why are you buying this car why not buy that car pointing towards Indica Vista!! I asked them whats wrong in this car, they said nothing but that is better or even buy a Punto not this Palio!
Old 26th July 2010, 14:21   #109
BHPian

I think a 'made to order' Palio demands a 50k Ruppees non refundable deposit with Fiat first? The dealership in all my posts so far has only one dark silver Palio 1.3 SDE, the one Sameer mentioned.
Old 26th July 2010, 14:24   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
^ With the critical bits of information, I am sure you would make the correct decision. Is a 2010 Palio Stile SDX being offered at your delaership like how I ordered in Bangalore. Mind you it could be 60-90 days wait period as its made to order.

Funkyyar, I really hope that you would get the car after 60-90 days of waiting and not like being told that sorry sir we can not deliver the car as Factory has not produced one so far.

I remember it happened with 2 guys who had booked 1.6 stile sports with same excitement and dreams.

Make sure you touch base with fiat regional managers and factory if you can to check out if order has been taken and its being manufactured.
Old 26th July 2010, 14:25   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByDesign View Post
I think a 'made to order' Palio demands a 50k Ruppees non refundable deposit with Fiat first? The dealership in all my posts so far has only one dark silver Palio 1.3 SDE, the one Sameer mentioned.
Yes, it may be non-refundable if its made to order, but do call up Fiat official at gurgaon to confirm this and they will give you correct information in that regards.

Thats Medium Grey palio not dark silver as per the name they give to that model, but I know its not same medium grey which comes on Punto.
Old 26th July 2010, 14:28   #112
Senior - BHPian

@ByDesign: Non-refundable? The sales guy told it can be cancelled and full money returned if its a genuine reason or if Fiat fails to deliver the exact model or color.

@ Sameer: I agree! The dealership should be customer friendly first, rest is next. and when it comes to my car, yes, I am ready to get my cash back if Fiat doesnt produce them. Surely, I will be disappointed for a few days.
Old 26th July 2010, 14:28   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByDesign View Post
Alright lads, I'm here. First of all, thanks to Sameer for the critical info. Now, the car was brought down for me to test drive and I MIGHT remember the odometer stuck at 75km before the TD and after the TD. This point itched at the back of my mind but I did not follow up on it, as I had no idea this was possible (i.e. disconnecting the odo). I only knew after reading the PDI checklist on Team-BHP.

I have read tortoiseNhare's ownership reports in full detail (along with Architect's) and this wiper motor problem etc. is consistent with loose couplings. When I test drove the Palio however, the air con was bone chilling. I simply loved it. I will talk to the dealership today keeping the ex showroom price offered by tortoiseNhare (thanks very much for that PDF). If this whole experience goes to waste, i.e. the palio does not work out, I will book the Indica Vista 2nd Anniversary Edition instead (Safire Drivetech 4). I will keep you all updated and thanks very much so far for all your support and concern.

The registration is still an issue, but I will sort something out for that.
Good luck mate and I hope you will win the battle with all precooked loads of information and home work done. The AC was not dead either it was chilling but not to the level of Fiat's if you have driven other fiat palios you would know what I mean. It needed certain attention thats all I mentioned.
Old 26th July 2010, 15:29   #114
BHPian

Quote:
@ByDesign: Non-refundable? The sales guy told it can be cancelled and full money returned if its a genuine reason or if Fiat fails to deliver the exact model or color.

@ Sameer: I agree! The dealership should be customer friendly first, rest is next. and when it comes to my car, yes, I am ready to get my cash back if Fiat doesnt produce them. Surely, I will be disappointed for a few days.
Funkyar true that they should be cutomer friendly but its really disappointing to note that when it comes to Fiat you'll end up with best rude friendly experience you could never expect. No negative vibes guys just a personal experience with Fiats, now don't bash me.
Old 26th July 2010, 17:06   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer551 View Post
Funkyar true that they should be cutomer friendly but its really disappointing to note that when it comes to Fiat you'll end up with best rude friendly experience you could never expect. No negative vibes guys just a personal experience with Fiats, now don't bash me.
I completely agree! Its a fine product at one end, and customers on the other. The bridge between both is shattered here and there. Rather than Fiat reaching to customers need, its being other way round. This said, trust me, in the last one year or so this has changed to a huge extent. Fiat these days are far better than before now and showing quite some signs of improvement. I am sure in a matter of 2-3 years, they will have a fresh appeal to customers
Old 26th July 2010, 17:22   #116
BHPian

Quote:
I completely agree! Its a fine product at one end, and customers on the other. The bridge between both is shattered here and there. Rather than Fiat reaching to customers need, its being other way round. This said, trust me, in the last one year or so this has changed to a huge extent. Fiat these days are far better than before now and showing quite some signs of improvement. I am sure in a matter of 2-3 years, they will have a fresh appeal to customers
How is it better now bro? Today only I just read some mails at PUG that now service stations like Rama motors, Sanya are refusing to take Palios for service or repair work citing reason that they do not carry much spares and now they've totally refused to service Fiat Palio's. Only Punto and Linea welcome among Fiat. If it were good then how can deny to service and repair the Palio's.
Does maruti not service a Baleno, zen, esteem, 800 which have been phased out?

Last edited by sameer551 : 26th July 2010 at 17:23. Reason: spell check
Old 26th July 2010, 17:25   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer551 View Post
How is it better now bro? Today only I just read some mails at PUG that now service stations like Rama motors, Sanya are refusing to take Palios for service or repair work citing reason that they do not carry much spares and now they've totally refused to service Fiat Palio's. Only Punto and Linea welcome among Fiat. If it were good then how can deny to service and repair the Palio's.
Does maruti not service a Baleno, zen, esteem, 800 which have been phased out?
Interesting! My comment was based on a few Palio friends who really did not have issues with any spares. They generally complained of only quality of service once in a while. I have just joined the PUG on yahoogroups. Will keep an eye and see how it fares. Are there any specific service centers that deny the Palios?
Old 26th July 2010, 17:38   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Interesting! My comment was based on a few Palio friends who really did not have issues with any spares. They generally complained of only quality of service once in a while. I have just joined the PUG on yahoogroups. Will keep an eye and see how it fares. Are there any specific service centers that deny the Palios?
So far I've read about Rama motors and Sanya automobiles in delhi. Other state members have not commented yet. Whatever it is nothing too positive.

@Mr. ByDesign, do take a note of that!! and read between the lines before you conclude.
Old 26th July 2010, 21:27   #119
BHPian

Yes sir! I'm trying to keep up with everything that's going on!
Old 26th July 2010, 21:32   #120
Senior - BHPian

In Bangalore Concorde Dairy circle does not service Palios, however The Mysore Rd Concorde does.

Don't know about Prerana or KHT.

And what's this "made to order" Palio, isn't the Palio phased out and Fiat just trying to clear old stock ?

Last edited by sdp1975 : 26th July 2010 at 21:34.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks