SWIFT - Yes/No ???
Guys, Firstly I'm sorry if there is an existing thread regarding this query but I just cudnt seem to find it . Anyways, as I had mentioned a while back my Palio GTX was being taken over by dad and I needed another one to replace it and I had set my eyes on the Baleno ( 2nd hand ) but I just cant seem to find a good one . Now suddenly another problem has cropped up and that is that my wife wants to sell her zen and wants a new swift ( Red ) .
My question to the swift owners is that I've been hearing plenty of negative reviews about this car, if thats the case could all of u post ur ownership experiences but just keep it to the technical side of it. Lets not get into looks, interiors, etc as those details are allready available !! I wanna know about weak nesses of the car, one problem that I hear is that the clutch of the car gives way very quickly as the initial lot has some manufacturing defects. Also about poor build quality and a lot of funny noises popping up in the doors, etc.
Swift owners pls respond asap as I have to book it latest by Monday ... Also would it be better to get it in Jan or should I just buy it now if I get it ??
no, buddy; there were no problems with the initial batches of the swift as everybody is complaining. mine was from the FIRST batch ever, and it's working fine, no problems whatsoever- mine's a zxi, though.
i have heard a few complaints from lxi and vxi owners regarding F.E and other minute little problems, but some of these were more perceived than real.
if you have set your mind on getting the swift, i suggest you act quickly, as waiting periods are lengthy, and just might drive you crazy.
else, another good option is the getz; or, if you're a diehard FIAT fan, go right ahead and buy a GTX, as they're available yet again from FIAT....
hey, As far as the FE is concerned it really doesnt matter as I believe that depends a lot on drivingg styles as well and most of the ppl who complain about FE wudnt5 get more than 4 for their driving styles. My main concern si about knocking sounds, door rattling sounds, etc ....
I wud be going in for the VXi model and that too without ABS . This is as I'm not sure about ABS .. never understood this system totally, so dunno if its better or not !!
Its a definite YES! Go for it. But, wait till Jan and book the car because any niggles if there are, would be ironed out in the later models. Moreover, u'd have the 2006 model which would definitely help in the resale.
I havent found any problems with FE even with upsized tyres on my Vxi. The ride is smooth, suspension a little towards the harder side (Santroish) but this makes the car great to throw around corners. You would absolutely love to revv the car, and its a drivers car much like the GTX you own.
The only problem I have till date is rear seat rattling noise, but I havent had time to get it fixed, plus with 2 amps, subwoofer, and 4 set of speakers booming most of the time, it rarely bothers me. One more problem I have come accross is that when I took my car on highway and was driving on 140kmph, I could hear the wind noise coming in through one of the windows. The sound went away when I was on 120kmph. Those are my only lil nags I have with this car. Else, I am absolutely loving the ownership experience.
I have a 10 June Swift Vxi in Azure grey.
Clutch - Found the factory setting clutch not to my liking. Visited Motorcraft in Noida and got it adjusted. Satisfied.
FE - I drive 70% in heavy traffic(hardly get a chance to engage the 4th gear) and 30% in moderate traffic and have never got less than 11.9 kmpl. My sis has the same car and she drives 100% in lousy traffic and very short distances; she manages 12+, no swaet.
Hope that helps
Thats true, actually if you possibly wait for 2 more months you will have reduced waiting periods too. I was promised a swift in 1 month, but then didnt go for it, many reasons though, somehow my wife wanted only a zen. (we love discounts after all its india) and swift currently is a very much hyped car, nobody gives even a mat free for it .. :-)
And others who can wait for around 1 year can possibly get a CRDI version (of course that would again need testing).
But surely in the next 3-4 months the true positioning of swift will emerge.
Regarding FE etc, i too got very bad feedback, but i think i have the answer now ... (dumb me ... i didnt realize this long back .. anyways i dont regret buying a black zen .. its a darling car ) :-)
Basically Swift has been marketed by a different team of people (i dont know why maruti is foolishly doing this), so if you ask the salesmen there in maruti showroom, they will do their best to make you go away from swift (FE is around 7 kmpl and it has lot of issues , etc etc .. people are coming back with problems ..... all such things), the simple reason being the fact that no matter what they do a non swift salesman (non swift energizer), will not get the credit for selling a swift, and it will go to the swift team members only, and every sale is a credit to the salesman, who in turn waits to complete his targets in the month end so that he gets additional perks. In this scenareo, he will never suggest swift to anyone, since it will be a loss of a potential credit. (This is what i got from the salesman who sold me zen, not that i am angry or anything, its something that i appreciate, he said there are issues but at the same time we dont want to sell swift. He is a good person and whenever i go to the showroom, he makes sure that he leaves all other work and stays by my side, until i ask him to continue with his work) ...
So its up to you to decide, Swift is a good vehicle no doubt, but somehow this is the first time where there are 2 opinions about a car (both quite strong), maybe something wrong in the marketing and there are possible other things that we really dont know ....
So, there is no unity at Maruti showrooms. This will lead to very bad reputation. Do u think its just personal problems between the salesmen??
We have a red Swift Zxi and i guess it came in the initial lot too. While engaging the reverse gear, there is a slight noise which again has been discussed on this forum to be one of the problems that ppl face in all naruti models ( non swift also). Its not a problem as you can engage athe first gear fully and then engage the reverse gear and the sound vanishes.
The ride is slightly stiff( helps better handling!) and hasnt given any problems so far. Fuel efficiency in the range of 11-13KMPL in city condns.
It's a nice car overall and the service backup/ cheap accessories will surely be advantages too.
Swift Vxi+ ABS+ (fatter tyres)+ Blacl,Silver or Red would be an excellent choice i feel in case u decide for the SWIFT.
gchandra: One of my colleague who has Swift in his list was decided not to go for it as he got lot of -ve's explained to him by Maruti Sales man. When that particular colleague took this to me, I dismissed all the -ve's that was told to him.
I got the sales man number and spoke to him as potential Swift buyer. He explained all those rubbish to me. I said I will go for a Zen. He told me that zen & wagon-r are crammped and asked me to go for Esteem. I insisted with Zen & I was given a different person's number to deal with.
Signs of Maruti being pulled down by its own people. I had never seen this with Hyundai sales person whom I respect the most
hmm . this makes sense now ..
I had a similar experience with a Zen salesman ... they were openly bad mouthing the Swift.
I asked a different salesman regd the Swift and he just gave me his card (which said Swift Energiser) and said he was understandably not in a position to comment.
Is it then the same way for the Swift Energisers ? Do they get credit for selling cars other than the Swift ?
Maruti, when you have friends like this, why do you need enemies like Hyundai? Amen!
Guys, So it seems u recomending the car thouh I'd still like to hear from more owners. Also this sales man situation should be reported to the right people in Maruti .
Anywyas as far as my choice so far looks like this - RED ZXI ( w/o ABS ) + Fatter tyres
Anybody thinking differently pls say so now ... lol
Psycho, Im still waiting to hear what ur take on the Swift is ???
It looks like they have specific sales people for specific car. First time I went to Mandovi, they really jerked me around. Went a second time and popped in to show my wife the Swift and the sales person was much more helpful.
Again Hyundai have seperate people for seperate cars but it was the Santro guy who upsold us to his colleague for the Getz
|All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:08.|