Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2010, 21:41   #1
BHPian

Need an Opinion

Hi

I am planning to buy a car which will pre-dominantly be chauffeur driver. Infact, almost always be chauffeur driven. I have a sedan - Fiat Linea and 2 hatches - Swift and Santro. Given that in the car I want I am not looking at driving comfort and looking more at comfort in the rear seat, I found 2 cars to be extremely comfortable - the Skoda Fabia and the Indica Vista. However, given the Skoda A.S.S. stories, I am quite averse. The Jazz is roomy but I am not about to spend 8 lakhs on a car I don't intend to drive. I also found the Indigo CS to be quite comfortable although it is a quasi-sedan I guess. The budget should not exceed 6 lakhs - so does anyone have a few suggestions? Thanks.
Old 14th July 2010, 21:56   #2
BHPian

Have you considered I20 or Maruti Ritz. These should fall in the mentioned and at the same time are 2 very good cars in their segments.
Old 14th July 2010, 22:03   #3
BHPian

Hi Invidious

I would vote for Manza if you are considering sedans in your list as its having one of the best rear seat comfort.
Old 14th July 2010, 22:33   #4
BHPian

Hi Invidious!

The Tata Manza I guess is the only sedan which would fit your requirements. If you are open to pre-owned cars then I am sure you will have a lot more options like the Honda City or the Toyota Corolla, even SUV's like Tata Safari would easily be within reach I guess.
Old 14th July 2010, 23:05   #5
BHPian

I think he wants a hatch.

Look no further than the Vista if you'll be in the backseat.
Or the Figo if you want to try something different. It is also quite roomy and comfortable. Others (i20/ritz/swift/beat even the polo etc.) are quite cramped in comparision.

If you are going to be driving even 50% of the time, do seriously consider Fabia.
Old 14th July 2010, 23:12   #6
Senior - BHPian

If you're willing to change the mindset from hatchback, you can probably settle in for Manza, SAFIRE - BS III at 505,136.00 Ex showroom Mumbai. That will give you a lot of backroom pleasure & an absolute VFM.
Old 15th July 2010, 00:12   #7
Senior - BHPian

For chauffeur driven I think Manza is the best. Unmatched in comfort.
Old 15th July 2010, 00:57   #8
Senior - BHPian

+1 to what people have recommended here. Manza would be a good choice for you. It has one of the best rear legroom, a good VFM and feature rich.
Old 15th July 2010, 08:24   #9
Senior - BHPian

Go for the Indica Vista without thinking twice. You do not need the Manza's massive boot because you have the Linea for such duties. The Vista is very high on rear seat comfort, better than the Figo. The A/C on the new models is quite good as well.
Old 15th July 2010, 08:46   #10
Senior - BHPian

IF you are looking for comfort, why not try the Indigo Manza instead of the CS ??? One of the base versions if you have that budget cap. Ofcourse i dont know what are the price tags on ANY manza model for that matter. Also i do not know about seat comfort as such, but in my opinion the Vista should offer you more legroom and head space than the fabia. I just think so, not sure. y not test drive both cars and find out ?
Old 15th July 2010, 13:16   #11
BHPian

Hi,

Thanks people.

@jigbarai - I am not going be driving it at all.

@LightningFast - Both the i20 and the Ritz are cramped in the back, particularly the later.

@AutoNorm - No, I am not considering pre-owned cars - don't want the hassle of an expensive car out of warranty with overpriced spares.

Tho those recommending the Figo - I had an Ikon 1.6 and while the car was a sweet drive, it loved the darn garage.

I will go check out the Manza but I am not keen on another sedan. Vista seems to be the roomiest of the lot when it comes to hatches, but are they not launching a new, roomier Swift too?
Old 15th July 2010, 13:39   #12
BHPian

In hatchbacks i found the earlier generation Indica (the one before the Vista),Chevrolet Aveo U-VA and the Polo quite roomy in the rear seat.
Old 15th July 2010, 13:51   #13
BHPian

Go for a Vista QJ Aura+ . It is pretty good with features, backseat comfort and
safety thrown in.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks