Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2010, 00:33   #31
Senior - BHPian

The beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. Ritz and I10 looks better to some and the Micra may not be as good looking as Ritz to some. Aprt from this the people wait to get into the new market for the existence of the company(Peugeot and dawoo disappeared) The other factors against new company cars are Service and the Resale. So any new company or a model has to wait for a year or two for the market judgment.
Old 26th July 2010, 06:46   #32
BHPian

good to be home

All,

I am back in India. Starting my test drives today. Had long face to face discussion with parents yesterday and the out come is as below.

Ritz is ruled out as my father cant digest the look of the car, especially the rear. Micra is almost ruled out because of the lack of dealer support, I am yet to decide on this, will wait for my test drive and the way the dealer deals.

The cars in contention now are

1. WagonR VXi (Airbags + ABS) - if and only if any of the 3 dealers can deliver the car before end of August.

2. i10 Asta without sunroof, I should get this delivered in two weeks or so. This one looks the best feasible option now. I am reading through tbhp about a possible facelift, will check with the dealer also. If this is true and the upgrades are major, I will be back to square 1 for this car.

3. Micra is still a contender in my mind, will see how it goes at the dealership and decide. The only reason pulling me back is that, I dont want my parents to wait for a roadside assistance for 3 hours to correct a minor niggle. I know Nissan is trying hard, but I am not entirely ready to take that risk. If the car was only for my use, I wouldnt have bothered, but with my parents, i am still thinking.

So if all goes well, I should have booked a car by end of day today. Will keep you all posted.
Old 26th July 2010, 07:44   #33
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest that you go in for the i10 Asta. I also faced a similar dilemma and here is my experience + comment on all the cars I have driven: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchb...ml#post1996269

Since safety is topmost on your priority, only the Asta variant makes sense. Have you considered the Punto 1.4 emotion pk?
Old 26th July 2010, 08:29   #34
BHPian

Thanks WAG7.

I am leaving my home in an hour or so. Will consider all points when doing the test drives.

The Fiat Punto is too big for comfort of parents. I feel the Nissan service could be better than that of Tata-Fiat. I had owned a Palio before, I had a good time, but the ownership is not always hassle free. I don't want my parents to go through all that trouble. So FIAT ruled out.

Micra seems to fit all my requirements. however, the road side assistance of Nissan is the only thing stopping me from booking the Micra. Will keep you all posted.
Old 26th July 2010, 08:41   #35
BHPian

Road side assistace is offered by a few dealers free of cost. When I bought my i10 froom DSC they had given me free road side assistance. I guess Nissan is charging people for this but my suggestion would be get the insurance done from outside and de-select road-side assistance.
Old 26th July 2010, 16:03   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
All,

3. Micra is still a contender in my mind, will see how it goes at the dealership and decide. The only reason pulling me back is that, I dont want my parents to wait for a roadside assistance for 3 hours to correct a minor niggle. I know Nissan is trying hard, but I am not entirely ready to take that risk. If the car was only for my use, I wouldnt have bothered, but with my parents, i am still thinking.

So if all goes well, I should have booked a car by end of day today. Will keep you all posted.
If the above mentioned point is a criteria, then I would suggest you go for i10. After all its service backup options are very close to one offered by Maruti.
Old 26th July 2010, 16:12   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All,

The cars in contention now are

1. WagonR VXi (Airbags + ABS) - if and only if any of the 3 dealers can deliver the car before end of August.
That is quite improbable unless someone has decided to cancel his booking or you turn out to be very lucky. There is a 3 month waiting period for the WagonR Vxi ABS in Kerala.

Quote:
2. i10 Asta without sunroof, I should get this delivered in two weeks or so. This one looks the best feasible option now. I am reading through tbhp about a possible facelift, will check with the dealer also. If this is true and the upgrades are major, I will be back to square 1 for this car.
A facelift is definitely on the cards. The facelifted variant should be out in not more than six months from now.

Quote:

The possibility of the Micra giving trouble is remote but then keeping Indian driving conditions in mind, out of city drives could be a real pain in case you get stranded.

If you don't might you can consider the Alto K10 as a wild card entry. It should be launched in the first week of August. If you book during before the initial lot is alloted, you can have your car in no time, but I'm not sure if there will be a Vxi ABS variant for this.

Last edited by longhorn : 26th July 2010 at 16:14.
Old 26th July 2010, 16:24   #38
BHPian

Booked the i10 Asta

Thanks all for the replies and suggestions.

I have booked the i10 Asta Oyster Grey from MGF Hyundai, Cochin. Expecting delivery in 2 weeks time.

I was unlucky with the WagonR as expected. Did not like the A/star, it had very little rear space. Ritz was already rejected. So left Maruti aside.

Checked out i10 at Popular Hyundai, liked all of it. The showroom is in the middle of NH 47 byepass and parking was a problem, nothing wrong with the showroom though. My mother who had come with us also liked it and she was quick to change her opinion about the i10. She had liked the Wagon R from the very beginning, but after seeing the i10 and sitting inside it, she suddenly started to like it. No TD car was avaialble. Delivery was promised in 2 weeks or less. Did not book the car yet, wanted to check out the micra.

Then went to Nissan, very luke warm response from the dealer, none of the enthusiasm shown in the mail was seen in the showroom. Two cars were on display, none for a test drive. XV variant was not present at all. I did not really find anything superior than i10 that I would use regularly. Ofcourse the keyless entry, ACC etc are pluses, but these are rarely used. I never liked the ACC on my Elantra, always used to switch it back to manual. So with a little heavy heart I decided against the Micra.

Had lunch at Renaissance Palarivattom and went to MGF Hyundai. Was greeted by a nice salesman. TD car was readily available. TD was great, no rattles and great response forma small car driven 25k kms by many people. I was impressed. Decided on the color and booked it. Paid 10K as advance the rest upon delivery. Will update more details later.

Thanks all who contributed to this thread.
Old 26th July 2010, 16:46   #39
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the i10. Hope you managed to get a good deal of freebies. Looking forward to an ownership review soon.
Old 28th July 2010, 07:20   #40
BHPian

Thankyou all

All,

Thanks for all the help and suggestions poured in. I have now decided to buy the i10, booked it on Monday, expecting delivery in two weeks.

Mods, as I have made my decision, this thread could be closed.
Old 28th July 2010, 07:44   #41
BHPian

basilmabraham, wonderful decision. I10 is a wonderful car. Did you ask the dealer is there is any faceligt expected from Hyundai for the i10?

Some questions: - How did you find the beige dash reflection onto the windscreen? was it a deterent for you?
Old 28th July 2010, 07:55   #42
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Gentle man on your expected I10. So finally landed up with the car of the year of Hyundai. wish you all the Happy driving.
Old 28th July 2010, 19:06   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Congrats Gentle man on your expected I10. So finally landed up with the car of the year of Hyundai. wish you all the Happy driving.
Great to see you 'drive' to a logical conclusion. i10 is certainly the most competent given your requirements, in my view as well. All the best
Old 19th October 2010, 12:38   #44
BHPian

Quote:
All,

Thanks for all the help and suggestions poured in. I have now decided to buy the i10, booked it on Monday, expecting delivery in two weeks.

Mods, as I have made my decision, this thread could be closed.
How's the car behaving till now? Give us some feedback. My mind is dwindling between i10 and WagonR.
Old 18th December 2010, 13:41   #45
Senior - BHPian

Re: i10, Micra, Ritz or the Beat?

Good shout sir, especially not taking the sunroof, it can be a hassle to maintain and kind of reduces the resale value.
Please let us know about your initial ownership and A** experience

Most Viewed