Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2010, 12:17   #31
BHPian

So what is your final decision? Did you move from Figo/Vista to a Punto? Just curious on what your final choice is..?
Old 10th September 2010, 13:16   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohing View Post
So what is your final decision? Did you move from Figo/Vista to a Punto? Just curious on what your final choice is..?
Figo and Vista have more or less been ruled out by wife primarily based on the interiors (even though this was not supposed to be one of our main considerations).

Currently the favorite is the GP 1.4 EPk. Still waiting for a TD of the micra before we finalise the car.
Old 23rd September 2010, 14:59   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketvu View Post
Figo and Vista have more or less been ruled out by wife primarily based on the interiors (even though this was not supposed to be one of our main considerations).

Currently the favorite is the GP 1.4 EPk. Still waiting for a TD of the micra before we finalise the car.
I wonder how i missed this thread before booking my car.

Aniket, I was in the same spot as you during the last week.
I was not specific about the type of fuel but my budget was strictly limited to 6lakhs.

I drove all the vehicles except micra (which i was not at all considering though)

First to rule out was the swift by all my family members because its become too common and also because the new one to be launched will outdate the present one.

I found the tata interiors very cheap and none of us liked it. so vista and even indigo CS was ruled out

Polo was ruled out because of its 4 months waiting time my experience with the sales was not at all impressive. my colleague also gathered information that the service is expensive compared to others.

i20 was also ruled out partly because of the mileage and more so because my family members have seen a lot of it and for the features it gives, I found it a little bit expensive(But i still like the looks and its interiors are the best of these cars i felt)

Figo drives very well but the interiors and shockingly the absence of power windows even in titanium made me rule out that car. if mileage is of utmost importance this is the car i would've taken. But looks was also important for me.

That left me with Punto. The best looks of all these cars (i20 came 2nd for us and then swift), the stability and quality scored high for us.
Finally for my budget and my feature requirements left me with few choices of variants and finally i booked the GP1.2E yesterday.
The car will be registered on 28th but i'm taking delivery on october 1st(my first marriage anniversary)
with all the discounts, extended warranty, insurance, accessories...the on-road price will end up at 5.6l .I'm eagerly waiting for another week to pass by.

with your budget and the mentioned requirements, i would suggest that GP1.4EP is a good choice. it might cost you 6.9l.
I would also suggest 1.3 MJD Emotion it is ok for you without ABS which may come upto 6.8l.

One thing is for sure, Punto or Figo, you'll not repent.
Best of luck for your decision making

all the prices that i have mentioned is for Bengaluru...it might reduce by around 30-40k in Maharashtra.

And regarding the looks, please keep in mind that its subjective

Last edited by GTO : 24th September 2010 at 11:02. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 30th September 2010, 07:59   #34
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Just booked my exotica red GP 1.4 EP yest. Total On Road Cost is Rs 6,40,000. Should get it sometime during second/third week of October

The journey started with something completely different in mind and ended with something completely different!
Old 5th October 2010, 16:15   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Let me be the first to Congratulate you Aniket.

You have made a good choice and welcome to the fiat family.

onraod cost in karnataka is 7.28l and after discounts it would've been 7l.
60k difference between the two states

I'll be eagerly waiting for your ownership report and especially the FE so that i can compare my 1.2 FE and 1.4 FE

Congratulations once again.
Old 8th October 2010, 18:35   #36
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Just did the PDI of the car today before it goes for registration. Attached a few pictures of my red beauty!

While at the yard, I also saw something else that people on this forum have been waiting for a long time, the Linea TJet. The interiors were looking quite good with leather et al. Did not have time to look at it properly though!

Aniket
Attached Thumbnails
Figo v/s Vista v/s Micra-img00008201010081204.jpg  

Figo v/s Vista v/s Micra-img00009201010081215.jpg  

Figo v/s Vista v/s Micra-img00013201010081218.jpg  

Figo v/s Vista v/s Micra-img00014201010081218.jpg  

Figo v/s Vista v/s Micra-img00015201010081218.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks