Team-BHP - Punto Euro-4 Vs Punto Euro-3
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Hatchbacks (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/)
-   -   Punto Euro-4 Vs Punto Euro-3 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/87334-punto-euro-4-vs-punto-euro-3-a.html)

Dear BHP-ians,

After a long search for a perfect hatch for myself, I found Punto-D to my satisfaction. As I had a budget constraint, I restricted myself to Punto-D Emotion which is 6.9 Lacs on-road, which is Euro-4 standard.

Now the dealer is offering Euro-3 Punto-D EP at around same price, which would be at least 4 to 5 months old which is lying in stock yard. Is it worth to go for it, please advice.

Thanks.

Firstly, many congratulations on going for the Punto.

Most importantly, please be advised that you cannot get a Euro III vehicle registered in Bangalore city or any Metro for that matter. You will have to get it done in any other city in Karnataka. Please check and confirm on this aspect before you decide on a Euro III.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandeep3in (Post 2032816)
Dear BHP-ians,

After a long search for a perfect hatch for myself, I found Punto-D to my satisfaction. As I had a budget constraint, I restricted myself to Punto-D Emotion which is 6.9 Lacs on-road, which is Euro-4 standard.

Now the dealer is offering Euro-3 Punto-D EP at around same price, which would be at least 4 to 5 months old which is lying in stock yard. Is it worth to go for it, please advice.

Thanks.

Hi Sandeep,

It is understandable if the dealer is offering the Punto Euro 3 at a cheaper price, but if he offering it at the same price as a Punto Euro 4, its silly!! I am sure the Euro 3 version was manufactured pre April 2010, which makes the car pretty old already. So you would basically get a car that was manufactured pre April 2010 (lets say March 2010 for arguement sake), which was lying unused in the yard for almost 5 months and will be sold as a new car registered in August/September 2010? You can also check its manufacturing date through the car's VIN Number.

Either ways, even if he happens to offer you the Punto Euro 3 at a cheaper price than that of the Punto Euro 4, I personally suggest to go in for the Euro 4 version as a new car is a new car with the latest and updated engine and specifications. Besides, the resale value of the Euro 4 version will be better than the Euro 3 version in the long run.

@h14 - Since some car manufacturers had last stock of Euro 3 versions lying in their yard in metros even after the Euro 4 deadline, the government I believe has allowed them to be sold with no issues. Not sure about this though. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

If you are okay with registering it outside bangalore, i'd say go for the Euro 3 Emotion pack. You can push for more discounts that what he is offering, since he will want to dispose off the car. The Pack gives goodies like Airbags Alloys and Blue n me, which are worth it. Also, the E3 punto will have better performance than the more restricted E4. Just check the car thoroughly for any damage or other defects.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epic (Post 2032842)
Hi Sandeep,

It is understandable if the dealer is offering the Punto Euro 3 at a cheaper price, but if he offering it at the same price as a Punto Euro 4, its silly!!

@h14 - Since some car manufacturers had last stock of Euro 3 versions lying in their yard in metros even after the Euro 4 deadline, the government I believe has allowed them to be sold with no issues. Not sure about this though. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Hi Epic, just to bring to your notice, Sandeep had said Euro-3 Punto-D Emotion Pack at around same price of Euro-4 Punto-D Emotion.

Regarding the registration, I'm not too sure, because I did not know about them being sold without issues since during the Palio Dhamakka offer, the 2008 and 2009 manufactured cars were not allowed to be registered in the metros!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayD (Post 2032873)
If you are okay with registering it outside bangalore, i'd say go for the Euro 3 Emotion pack. You can push for more discounts that what he is offering, since he will want to dispose off the car. The Pack gives goodies like Airbags Alloys and Blue n me, which are worth it. Also, the E3 punto will have better performance than the more restricted E4. Just check the car thoroughly for any damage or other defects.

I completely agree with JayD. Do go for it if the car is defect free.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by h14 (Post 2032888)
Hi Epic, just to bring to your notice, Sandeep had said Euro-3 Punto-D Emotion Pack at around same price of Euro-4 Punto-D Emotion.

Regarding the registration, I'm not too sure, because I did not know about them being sold without issues since during the Palio Dhamakka offer, the 2008 and 2009 manufactured cars were not allowed to be registered in the metros!

Hi,

Exactly! With regards to the Euro 3 - Euro 4 Punto, the Euro 4 would be a better option don't you think since it would be manufactured recently as compared to the Euro 3 version which has obviously been manufactured 4 months earlier and could be damaged and refurbished since lying for so long in the yard?

I also agree with JayD that Sandeep should go for the Euro 3 version provided it is defect free. At the end of the day it all depends on Sandeep's budget and how much he can stretch it. If he says that the price of the Euro 3 version is 'at around the same price' of the Euro 4 then I am guessing the stretch isn't much and would recommend the Euro 4 version. But this is just my personal opinion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayD (Post 2032873)
Also, the E3 punto will have better performance than the more restricted E4.

Is this true? Will there be noticable difference?
Is it bcos of restrictions in the exhaust?

How much discount did he offer? My cousin got E-Option a month back for 55k discount if IIRC. It was a 2009 model.

ch.nathan; that's what happened to Baleno.

:OT I own a Punto MJD EP BS4, bought less than 2 months back. My cousin owns a MJD EP BS3 and honestly I cant find any difference between these 2 cars, except that the BS3 model is running more "free". It has clocked 6K KMS when I checked, mine's completed only 2100+ KMS.

According to the Tata-Fiat sales folklore, the BS4 version is 76bhp, and the BS3 is 75bhp. Don't know this is correct. Anyway, it's irrelevant.

Now back to Topic: @Sandeep, congrats for your decision; let's consider your following statement: "which would be at least 4 to 5 months old which is lying in stock yard".

- there must be no "would be" assumptions when you go for an approx 7L purchase. Instead, get the EP's VIN and decode it or please contact fellow TBHPian wildon; he's damn good at it. The VIN will reveal the exact date of rollout of this car from the plant.

- are you sure it's lying in the yard for the last 5 months? Who knows, it could be a demo/defective/rejected car. What prevented the dealer from trying to sell it in all these days?

Try to get answers for these questions and please update us. I'm sure this forum will guide you through. :)

Go for E-PK if you can get it registered in your city. Make sure you do PDI before signing the cheque. See if you can get some more discount or at least some goodies.

If you care about the environment get the BS4, if you dont mind being a little bid of a polluter then get the BS3. The BS4 tuning saps power from cars.

But if you think that the car has been stored for 3-4 months, dont forget to read this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...t-new-car.html

I dont kno whether this is relevant to this thread. But just today I got a call from Tata Motors dealer and they said

" Sir, we have a few Euro III Puntos at good discounts."

As I was not looking for a car, I turned the offer down.

So in that case, I guess for Eu 3 model you should get a good discount.

Thanks h14, Epic and JayD for the inputs, will check with SM before going for Euro-3 Punto.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 2032996)
How much discount did he offer? My cousin got E-Option a month back for 55k discount if IIRC. It was a 2009 model.

ch.nathan; that's what happened to Baleno.

jkdas - The offer goes thus, Free Insurance + Free Ext. Warranty + Corp Discount (common for both euro4 and euro3) + Rs. 25000 (for euro3) from on-road pricing

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandeepmdas (Post 2033030)
:According to the Tata-Fiat sales folklore, the BS4 version is 76bhp, and the BS3 is 75bhp. Don't know this is correct. Anyway, it's irrelevant.

I think you got confused with bhp and ps

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandeepmdas (Post 2033030)
:
- there must be no "would be" assumptions when you go for an approx 7L purchase. Instead, get the EP's VIN and decode it or please contact fellow TBHPian wildon; he's damn good at it. The VIN will reveal the exact date of rollout of this car from the plant.

- are you sure it's lying in the yard for the last 5 months? Who knows, it could be a demo/defective/rejected car. What prevented the dealer from trying to sell it in all these days?

Try to get answers for these questions and please update us. I'm sure this forum will guide you through. :)

I am checking with SM for this and the color options available. Would update you on the same with info from SM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HammerHead (Post 2033106)
Go for E-PK if you can get it registered in your city. Make sure you do PDI before signing the cheque. See if you can get some more discount or at least some goodies.

Thanks HammerHead for the point, will check with SM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by acidkill (Post 2033347)
If you care about the environment get the BS4, if you dont mind being a little bid of a polluter then get the BS3. The BS4 tuning saps power from cars.

But if you think that the car has been stored for 3-4 months, dont forget to read this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...t-new-car.html

Thanks for the link. Really helped me, but the discussion was about i10, which is popular car and also the car was lying idle for 10 months. But thanks for your concern and would surely look into this and check both cars for the differences and choose

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictorSinha (Post 2033417)
I dont kno whether this is relevant to this thread. But just today I got a call from Tata Motors dealer and they said

" Sir, we have a few Euro III Puntos at good discounts."

As I was not looking for a car, I turned the offer down.

So in that case, I guess for Eu 3 model you should get a good discount.

The dealer is quoting the pricing of Euro-3 Punto in his August price list and it seems that the number of cars that need to be disposed are more, just my thought.

Hi All,

Thank you all for your inputs. Today I went and booked Punto Diesel Emotion FTA Euro-4, now 4 weeks of waiting period starts.

Decision Making:

The Sales Manager told me that there is no White or Electric Blue color in Euro-3 cars and only Minimal grey, Medium Grey and Black were available. So my decision was quick and went with Euro-4 car.

I liked White as Electric Blue was not available, but Home Ministry liked Foxtrot Azure, so chose FTA instead of white.

The SM at Prerana Motors was very courteous and helpful, as there was no FTA car present in Sarjapur showroom he arranged a car for me to look at the car in Rajaji Nagar branch, which will be around 20 KMS from Sarjapur. The service has improved a lot as compared to earlier reports.

As I have booked the car, can the BHP-ians advice what all I can expect as offer from the showroom. The SM has promised that he will give mud flaps, floor mat and boot mat as standard. He told me he can either give me Garware Sun Films or Single Teflon Coating in addition. Is there anything worth which I can trade with the above offer.

Thanks

Congrats on your decision sandeep.

Did you get your car? what are all the accessories you got?
I have booked my GP 1.2 yesterday and taking delivery on oct 1st.
I can have yours as a bechmark.