Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2010, 02:23   #31
ajai_dev

i20 is a much better and superior choice than the Figo.

I will also advice you to look into the Punto 90PS model its quite nice also and is fully loaded for a decent enough price. Test drive the Punto 90PS model and here is the first impression

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...vgt-90-hp.html

A.S.S. is BS but the car is great the first drive article is true but i have heard that a recent remap has given a performance boost to the car dont know for sure.

Last edited by ajai_dev : 6th October 2010 at 02:28. Reason: Adding link

Old 6th October 2010, 08:49   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
- 4 DISC brakes
Are you sure about that? I had checked out the i20 just 2 months ago and I am quite sure that the rear is standard drums. I believe it used to be 4 discs earlier but it is front discs and rear drums now.
Old 6th October 2010, 09:01   #33
Senior - BHPian

OT ! Only the Diesel i20 Asta gets all disc? I am yet to see a 2010 model with all 4 discs.

i20 if you have the money. Hyundai A.S.S rules.
Old 6th October 2010, 09:08   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
I have taken 2 back to back test drives on i20 just today.

We own a FIGO and i20 is any day a better car than FIGO and PUNTO. If you have the money go for it. i20 handles decent maybe better than decent. Steering plays a spoil sport at times so just get wider tyres (195/55 R15 & 205/50 R15) OR 17" if you really wanna enjoy handling.

IN BSIV i20 CRDi's i have seen steering weighs up alot as soon as you reach the speed of 70-80 kmph. So thats one good thing i liked about the car recently.

Sir Sportz version cannot be compared to Asta. Asta has a lot of features.
- Dual Airbags compared to single in Sportz
- 4 DISC brakes
- ABS + EBD
- Fog lamps (i am not sure if they come in Sportz)

Another thing about i20 braking incident which i personally experienced. I was with a friend following a Optra Magnum at around 140+. If anyone who lives in Delhi must know the road conditions with recent rains. There was long patch of uneven road ahead the optra couldn't brake but i20 just came onto a halt way way before that un-even patch. Those 4 DISCS and ABS is there to help my friend not just a show off feature.
Yes there is difference between sportz and asta as you mentioned.and they are critical safety features too.i thought sportz come with ABS.My bad.

What you said about the brakes is very true.they are just awesome.i tone had a similar encounter at 140 kmph as the brakes are awesome.the crdi asta is a complete package.
Old 6th October 2010, 09:14   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
OT ! Only the Diesel i20 Asta gets all disc? I am yet to see a 2010 model with all 4 discs.

Yes only the ASTA version comes with discs on all for wheels.both petrol and diesel version.
Old 6th October 2010, 13:57   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketvu View Post
Are you sure about that? I had checked out the i20 just 2 months ago and I am quite sure that the rear is standard drums. I believe it used to be 4 discs earlier but it is front discs and rear drums now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

Yes i20 ASTA comes with all 4 DISC brakes and ABS + EBD.

When i20 was launched even the bare basic Magna version used to have 4 DISC and ABS!
Old 6th October 2010, 14:18   #37
BHPian

I think i20 Magna should be your choice.

If you add the pros and the cons of both these cars, i20 would be the winner.
Old 6th October 2010, 21:06   #38
BHPian

Yeah, the I20 Asta is the only one that comes with all discs + ABS + EBD and dual airbags..

while the Figo titanium (1.6lk cheaper, no waiting) comes with the same :(

The i20 manga, is a bit sparse on the frills if you ask me, might as well stretch a lil and get the features!

Guys, looks like it's settled! i20 Asta it is! unless the punto 90hp completely bowls us over!

Now for the loan and all. What kind of interest rate can I expect? Should I go with the financier from the showroom or look elsewhere? I'm REALLY confused!
Old 6th October 2010, 23:35   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyking View Post
Yeah, the I20 Asta is the only one that comes with all discs + ABS + EBD and dual airbags..

while the Figo titanium (1.6lk cheaper, no waiting) comes with the same :(

The i20 manga, is a bit sparse on the frills if you ask me, might as well stretch a lil and get the features!

Guys, looks like it's settled! i20 Asta it is! unless the punto 90hp completely bowls us over!

Now for the loan and all. What kind of interest rate can I expect? Should I go with the financier from the showroom or look elsewhere? I'm REALLY confused!
spyking, best wishes.
In which showroom are you planning to book one. I got loan processed from SBI and got 8% for 1st year and 10% for 2nd & 3rd year. I all depends on how much of time you can wait for.
Old 7th October 2010, 00:04   #40
BHPian

i20 is out of th reckoning.

There is a serious design flaw in the steering assembly of the i20 which requires you to change the unit every 3 months or 10000km. Its a common issue which only recently is being divulged to the general masses by the owners. Please talk to owners with 10000km old cars and better still take it for a test drive on bad broken roads and feel the jarring of the steering rack on your palms. Hyundai has not found a solution to it as yet but are trying their level best. There are a few other threads that have surfaced in the recent past about this issue.
Old 7th October 2010, 01:22   #41
BHPian

Unless there is some specific problem with a model, a Hyundai will command better resale value than a Ford. We must compare the cars in question - Marutis are a different story altogether.

The reasons may be better *** of Hyundai and (perceived) high maintenance costs of Ford.

Apple to apple: Accent vs Ikon

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
How is the resale value of Hyundai good? Compare the residual values of Santro Vs WagonR. Used Accents and Elantra's go for a pittance and Verna isn't too good either.

i20 is too new to be talking about resale values.
Old 7th October 2010, 09:33   #42
BHPian

i20 seems like a better car than figo. plus you dont buy a car everyday. better to spend a lil bit more and get the peace of mind and that little extra comfort features.
Old 7th October 2010, 09:43   #43
BHPian

Agree with everyone here - in this case, the i20 would be the better choice. YOu get a car with more toys, better comfort and much a better support ecosystem.

However, do evaluate the Punto 90HP too.
Old 7th October 2010, 10:14   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
There is a serious design flaw in the steering assembly of the i20 which requires you to change the unit every 3 months or 10000km.
That seems to be quite a sweeping statement to make. Are you seriously suggesting that every i20 owner has to change his steering assembly every 3-6 months? Care to substantiate this with some evidence?
Old 7th October 2010, 14:17   #45
BHPian

I am struggling with my i20's steering. Sent it 4 times and they claim to fix it but i am not satisfied. I dont enjoy the "silent" drive that i enjoy in my Magnum TCDI or Palio D. I hate the steering noise which is worst when you drive to non smooth tar road. Its not that bad on mud roads.

In fact when i sent the car for 2nd time to fix the issue, in next 3000 kms my tires got worn out. After fighting a bit , they replaced my both tires for free but still the problem exist. They also claim that they hv fixed the A/C but i will have to wait till next summer to find it out. My i20 CRDi A/C absolutely hopeless in summer. Even now its hot but the A/C is effective in this time of year.

Most Viewed