Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2011, 14:37   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Estilo or Alto K10 !

Both Alto K10 and Estilo have the same engine. Estilo is taller and heavier, hence lower FE. If you want performance, FE and good AC go for Alto K10. If you want tall boy design go for Estilo.
Old 1st November 2011, 17:35   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock75 View Post
well, my sister is planning to sell matiz and get a new hatch. She normally drives alone most of the time. I have shortlisted Alto K 10 and Estilo, wagon R being ruled out because of boot space and price.

Maruti currently have ALto K10 VXi at 3.38 lacs with Rs 39000 discount+exchange benefit while Estilo Lxi is at 3.68 lacs with Rs 63000 discount. Therefor there is only Rs 8000 difference between the two. I think estilo offers good VFM at this price of Rs 3.08 lacs.

Because of driving matiz she likes cars with higher sitting, she never like Alto F8 because of low sitting. She is a very sedate driver.Boot space is more in Estilo too.She plans to keep the car for long, say 7-8 years.

Which is better for her, Alto K10 @ Rs 3 lacs or Estilo Lxi @ Rs 3.08 lacs ex showroom?

I would go with the Estilo Lxi. It is on the whole better VFM given the pricing you have been given. A couple of years from now you won't notice that you paid 8K more for it, but you will probably be glad to have chosen the Estilo.
Old 10th November 2011, 20:13   #48
Senior - BHPian

Currently there are heavy discounts on the Estilo, so you may get the Estilo at around 30-50k less than the Alto K10. A excellent buy.
Old 22nd October 2012, 17:42   #49
BHPian

in April 2010 we (my parents, wife and son) went for a trip to Kollur (mookambika) from near kochi (cochin), in my 2004 model Alto.

Even with A/C on all the time we felt cramped and fatigued. everybody was worn out by the time we reached uduppi.

That journey culminated in my desire for a roomier car. I would have bought a wagonR, but wating period of more than a month in june 2010 & new model, put me off.

Meanwhile, the new Estllo, with all its discount was the only bigger option for a cash strapped person like me.

To be frank, I tried to open a thread asking for users opinion for any roomier car. I just bought the car even without a test drive.

The first ever drive was straight out of showroom. The solid roomier feeling and better suspension was one of the joys of life. It gave me the same commanding view of road as a wagonR would. Power Steering was not as precise as a alto's (non-power).

The K-series engine is a jewel. even though it lacks low rev grunt(idle speed), a slight depression of accelerator brings in the kick. thereon the seamless power delivery sets in. an avg of 20 kmpl at highway and around 18 in city is satisfying enough for me.
Old 26th October 2012, 18:41   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityadeva View Post
That journey culminated in my desire for a roomier car. I would have bought a wagonR, but wating period of more than a month in june 2010 & new model, put me off.

Meanwhile, the new Estllo, with all its discount was the only bigger option for a cash strapped person like me.

The K-series engine is a jewel. even though it lacks low rev grunt(idle speed), a slight depression of accelerator brings in the kick. thereon the seamless power delivery sets in. an avg of 20 kmpl at highway and around 18 in city is satisfying enough for me.
Good to know that you are satisfied with the estilo. I also have an alto and the main reason I am not yet considering replacing it is because we have an esteem at home. That has sufficient space for out needs.

How do you rate the estilo wrt the alto in the following: space, mileage, service cost, practicality, ease of use in town and congested parking spaces, highway comfort and ride and VFM.

I ask so that people on this thread have an owners perspective.
Old 26th October 2012, 20:32   #51
BHPian

I am quite happy with my K10. It is really peppy and frugal with petrol. Looks better than the estilo IMO. No wonder you see so many of them on the roads.
Old 26th October 2012, 21:31   #52
BHPian

If the Estilo and Alto costed the same same OTR, I would any day pick the Estilo because it’s easier to get in and out and it’s roomier at least when compared to the Alto K10, but the best in that range is the Wagon R for probably 20k more I suppose, don’t know the exact difference OTR, but Wagon R is definitely more modern and roomier compared to the Estilo and Alto K10.
Old 27th October 2012, 19:01   #53
Senior - BHPian

Actually the Estilo is neither as peppy as the Alto K10, nor as roomy as the Wagon R. It suffers from an identity crisis, hence low off takes.

If you want a peppy two passenger car go for the K10, if on the other hand you want a roomy vehicle which can seat four in comfort go for Wagon R.
Old 27th October 2012, 22:46   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
Good to know that you are satisfied with the estilo.

How do you rate the estilo wrt the alto in the following: space, mileage, service cost, practicality, ease of use in town and congested parking spaces, highway comfort and ride and VFM.

in each of the mentioned categories Estillo outshines Alto.

1. space - legroom, head room and boot (much bigger than alto)
2.mileage, - 18 - 19 Kmpl in city 20+ in highway
3.service cost - engine oil change only once in 10 kms. same as alto
4.practicality - very very practical-
5.ease of use in town and congested parking spaces - compact dimension is a boon in city drive 0
6.highway comfort and ride - very comfortable in highway driving commanding view of road.
7. VFM - good vfm
Old 28th October 2012, 00:48   #55
BHPian

I have used both cars extensively, Estilo outshines Alto in almost all aspects except if you love to drive with just 2 people in car. Vxi model in Estilo is more loaded then Vxi Alto but is also expensive. If you are not planning to sell this car soon go for Estilo without thinking twice, If you plan to sell it in 2-3 yrs time Estilo would be a financial disaster.

My Last trip was of 1400 kms in two days when I went to leave Estilo with my father as he wanted a small car to drive. I drove mostly 90-120 with AC (it was delhi Kolkata Golden Quad.) and I got a average of 19+ from estilo

Estilo is a good car but as mentioned by people it suffers from identity crisis. Although I had a silver one(wife's decision) but i love the red-orange color in estilo with a good set of alloys
Old 8th November 2012, 23:36   #56
BHPian

I would pick the K10 any day of the week over the Estillo and twice on Sundays I think the designers were nursing a hangover the day they were working on the Estillo; its a sacrilege to let it bear the Zen tag considering the pedigree of its predeccesor! If you want space and interiors whic I agree Alto doesnt have much of pick the A* or the WR.

Note - The above is my opinion (with a dash of wit!) and not intended to offend anyone
Old 10th March 2013, 15:07   #57

Hi people,

This is my first post and I am so happy to have found this thread! I am agonising over three possible Maruti-only options (Why Maruti-only? Because I LOVE the service and have been loving it for a long time. Nothing else comes close, really.)

Buying a new car < 5 lakhs - either K10 or Estilo w/ ABS
Modifying and upgrading my almost 15 yr old 800 - like maybe bunging in a new(old!) Esteem engine, adding alloys etc.

I like the 'pocket-rocket' feel of the K10, as I am a bit of a speed freak, but find the oversteer and lightness at high speeds not very appealing.

The Estilo with ABS seems like a good idea, though I am not a tall-boy fan, being neither tall nor a boy. There is really nothing else I like about the Estilo besides a fading fondness for the old Zen and liking the K10 engine.

On the other hand, I have been trolling the threads on this excellent site about modding old 800s, and have been totally inspired by Edmund's fab job.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...uti-800-a.html

Though I know cars from the outside, and I know what I like, I don't know anything about them from the inside. But I have a month of vacation time coming up and wouldn't mind spending it totally re-doing my baby and spending hours looking at garage mechanics doing their stuff!

So - here's where I need help. Which one of these three options would you recommend and why?

Thanks for any advice you can give me. Totally appreciate it.
Old 10th March 2013, 22:13   #58
Senior - BHPian

I would go for the K10 any day.
. The M800 has leaf spring at the rear, while K10 has coil springs. That gives the K10 a more comfortable ride.
. K10 has a more powerful and at the same time a more efficient engine.
. The m800 AC cannot hold a candle against the K10 AC.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks