Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2010, 16:05   #1
BHPian

New Estilo or Alto K10 !

Hi Friends,

I want to buy a car by this year end or probably early next year. My conditions are strictly Mileage and A.S.S. So after studying and researching so many cars i have narrowed down to two cars from the same stable. the Alto K10 and New Estilo.

I am a die-hard fan of Alto from the early days for its similarity with the zen looks, mileage, service. I am 5.9 in height, so the Alto just correctly fits me and my wify. But on the other hand the New Estilo has superb space, according to me there is nothing else in that car. (correct me guys if am wrong).

Please let me know which is the best VFM

So am very confused between the Alto K10 or New Estilo.

Please guys no suggestions for other cars or increasing budget, can you throw some light on my confusion and clear my path for a happy revving

Mods: Searched the forum for comparison between these two specific models and i couldn't find any

Last edited by jp2u : 9th October 2010 at 16:06.
Old 9th October 2010, 16:27   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

the Wagon-R Lxi fits your requirements perfectly;it sports the same engine as the Estilo and the AltoK10 but will be a better buy.
Old 9th October 2010, 16:35   #3

In my opinion you should go for Alto K-10. It is a very good car with a proven record and now with a newer engine it is more advanced.
Looks are subjective but somehow Estilo is not much appealing to me and looks very filmsy and feminine and also from the side looks very small. Alto's sales record has always been very good and when compared with Estilo it has been way ahead than Estilo.
Not sure about the space but i don't think there is considerable amount of difference in space between Alto and Estilo.
So my vote goes for Estilo and please keep us updated about your decision.
Old 9th October 2010, 16:55   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
the Wagon-R Lxi fits your requirements perfectly;it sports the same engine as the Estilo and the AltoK10 but will be a better buy.
I personally do not like the Wagon, don't know why, but it seemed a boring car for me.

Please guys no other cars suggestions.

I sincerely request our car Gurus to guide me in buying the best VFM between these two cars only.
Old 9th October 2010, 17:00   #5
NFS
BHPian

Estilo has some offers running (as it is not that popular). My friend was on the same comparison, but later he ruled out Alto and added i10, finally bought the Estilo vxi.

In his opinion, for the cost of Estilo, he gets a lot. All power windows, higher seating (tall boy), keyless entry, good amount of space (compared to Alto), Appreciably good AC, power steering and not bad looks for interiors. I liked his choice.

Shape is one big problem from some of them, I guess it is personal thing.

Estilo has a little flimsy build, as per some discussions in TeamBHP, but IMO, all maruti are using light weight material and comes with some niggles and sounds.

Since you are only comparing Alto and Estilo, it is a call whether you want more space or not. Anyone would opt for more space, as it helps in avoiding camped drives.

If you are planning to buy it next year, watch out for Swift 2011. Not sure of the budgets, it has a good customer base.
Old 9th October 2010, 17:33   #6
BHPian

If you can make do with the compact dimensions of the alto and dont mind the limited interior space in the back then go for it and save yourself a few thousand. Use that saved money to buy yourself some alloys and tint your windows. You will have one hell of a ride!

Sounds like your heart is already there

The k10 is much more fun to drive in the hills and on narrow city roads (did it with 2 people).Whereas the estilo just has too much body roll. Just think, both cars have the same engine with similar power output but the alto is lighter, more compact and has lower centre of gravity. A perfect hot hatch on a budget.

27,000 people each month cant be wrong

Last edited by amrisharm : 9th October 2010 at 17:41.
Old 9th October 2010, 18:19   #7
BHPian

Personally, I would say that if you really don't travel regularly with more than one passenger, go in for the K10.

The Alto will deliver better mileage and I think you will be happier driving it as compared to the Estilo. And some of the money saved can be put into a nice stereo.

Regarding build, the new Alto's are not as well built as those from a few years ago, and most Marutis will develop rattles over time, so that can't be a differentiators between these two.

I think that the K10 will hold its value better in the future as compared to the Estilo.
Old 9th October 2010, 18:29   #8
BHPian

Alto any day. If you want to look ahead of it, then think of spark as well. But no ESTILO. Please i beg you. My wife has one. Inspite of my resistance, her dad had brought her one. And pulling her leg has never stopped after that. Cheap plastics and no road grip. I once did 360 degree turn in the rain while negotiating a curve. So, its ALTO, lets go.
Old 9th October 2010, 22:30   #9
BHPian

Thank you guys, my heart always goes for ALTO, don't know why. i just need that car in my parking space. My requirement will be commuting around 35kms daily for office and some weekly outing in and around chennai. so monthly usage would be around 1000kms.

My heart says go for ALTO K10, new engine, high on mileage, low on maintenance.

Already started saving for the K10, hoping to get it in fews months. Trying to save for both nice Alloys and ICE.

Estilo on the other hand, i don't know about the quality, but i hate its look. It Kinda looks like half baked Egg.
Old 9th October 2010, 23:32   #10
BHPian

From my test drive experience I notice estilo wobbles at even a slightest disturbance on road due to high center of gravity but alto remains calm. That is why they are not able to sell it in numbers and are offering huge discounts. Also resale value of alto, in any engine, is high. So you are sure not to lose much if you plan to sell it later.
Though I feel the new one k10 is bit costly as compared to spark in VFM arena but still my vote goes for Alto.
Old 10th October 2010, 07:08   #11
Mik
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2u View Post
Thank you guys, my heart always goes for ALTO, don't know why. i just need that car in my parking space. My requirement will be commuting around 35kms daily for office and some weekly outing in and around chennai. so monthly usage would be around 1000kms.

My heart says go for ALTO K10, new engine, high on mileage, low on maintenance.

Already started saving for the K10, hoping to get it in fews months. Trying to save for both nice Alloys and ICE.

Estilo on the other hand, i don't know about the quality, but i hate its look. It Kinda looks like half baked Egg.
We already know the answer, don't we
Though, in my opinion, Estilo is a better buy - infact a much better buy. You get more space, which includes boot space, better interiors, easier ingress (I hate fitting into the Alto) and with its dollops of discounts, its VFM too. I think not too much attention should be paid to the sales charts because car is a personal thing and what might work for you might not do the trick for others.

And i think, Alto does it for you, since your heart is already in it. Better FE and with the K10, the sub 14 sec 0-100 should make it quite fun.
Old 10th October 2010, 07:40   #12
BHPian

Does anyone know how much mileage the K10 gives, i know the Alto 800 gives great mileage but with the increase in the power, has the mileage affected. i am a new driver, so how much FE will it give me. When i buy the car i intend to use it with 100% AC all the time.

For testing the Estilo in detail i have called one of my friends to my house today, he has got the new Estilo, so will test drive with him and check his feedbacks and will update guys.
Old 10th October 2010, 09:41   #13
Senior - BHPian

Opt for the K10 man. Its the new pocket rocket and its frugal too.

Except mileage to be on the lines of Estilo,give or take 0.5-1 kmpl.
Old 10th October 2010, 10:26   #14
BHPian

Alto

Largest selling , easy to drive, fun to drive , high resale value for someone looking at peace of mind and value of money it would be the best, performance will be a bonus on K10. Mileage I think is not much different from the 800.

Old Zen si an all time favorite, but Estilo!!! They have screwed up the looks and the fun part.

I would suggest any day K10
Old 10th October 2010, 15:08   #15
BHPian

Today test drove the New Estilo my friend had, it is a nice car but it does not have what a car needs, energy. I do not know how to say this but i kinda thought the car lacked energy, enthu which carries the driver. Moreover it still looked like a boiled egg rolling down the road. On the other hand it goes over little 4lakhs it seems and if buy a K10 i can use the remaining money to get myself a nice Alloys and ICE.

Waiting for the Vitamin M to accumulate.

Just thought: Is it advisable to go for Figo base model Exi petrol ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks