Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2011, 12:47   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Estilo or Alto K10 !

If you haven''t decided yet, I would suggest you to stretch a bit and go for WagonR.
It has both, a new platform + new engine and is as tried and tested as an Alto.

Alto and Estilo (aka MR Wagon) = A decade old platform with new engine.

Chennai Ex.Show. Prices:
WagonR = 3.4 - 4.2L
Estilo = 3.35 - 4.15L
Alto = 3.10 - 3.20L

Last edited by HammerHead : 21st January 2011 at 12:49.
Old 21st January 2011, 12:48   #32
Senior - BHPian

Look up some post of Alto K10 ownership. One person did a South to East with the K10 and not only the performance was excellent but FE was divine.

One thing going for K10 is the phenomenal AC coupled up with its FE in city & highways. The Estillo with its boxy design would suffer at high speeds, both in terms of FE as well as cross wind buffeting.
Old 21st January 2011, 17:55   #33
BHPian

I drive an alto

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2u View Post
I accept with the above statement very honestly. however improved might the Alto be, still everyone will think, why an Alto. Regarding the space its not a problem for me, as we have an Maruthi Versa to carry more than 8 people when required for longer trips, so the Alto will be used to city rides with occational ECR trips with maximum of 4 occupants only.

What am rethinking now is the point you brought out now, Brand value, even though the alto is 1000cc, still people relate the K10 to the older Alto only.

Point considered and validated

By the way bumped with another BHPian yesterday in chennai, he happend to be my friend also.
Hi jp2u I am driving an alto for 6.25 years and I too had the chance to buy the WagonR , but IMO the alto looks better and the zen estilo does not even qualify in this race . The + points of alto are
1. good fe (petrol alt almost rs 65)
2. Fun to drive , no body roll (et WagonR , Zen Estillo).
3. Great Ac ( same as other 2 but less glass area).
4. Peppy drive
5. alto weighs 750 kg and other 2 at 850kg so better mileage there .
6. Good Resale value ( Wagon R too has a good resale value,do not know about estillo ).

The -points
1. I am 5'11'' so sitting is a squeeze and on long journeys back pain (Wagon R /Estillo better becaus of tall boy height).
2.With Ac car sluggish.(0.8engine) k10 must be good
3.Can feel every bump in the road .
Nothing else , I love this car man.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 21st January 2011 at 18:35. Reason: Edited the extra smiley.
Old 25th January 2011, 11:02   #34
BHPian

Go for the K10. I own one and it is a fabulous car. Very spirited engine. Yes, space is definitely a problem but if that is not your concern then just go for it. Its a lovely car.
Old 25th January 2011, 18:40   #35
BHPian

Coming from a k10 owner, it's either k10 or i10 when it comes to the business of small city cars.
Old 25th January 2011, 18:53   #36
Senior - BHPian

If you want Performance & FE it is K10. If you want what is missing - Airbags, ABS, Rear Defoggers & Wiper then i10.
Old 27th January 2011, 01:07   #37
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 27th January 2011 at 16:32.
itszain is offline   Received Infraction
Old 29th January 2011, 16:09   #38
BHPian

Hi Friends,

Thank you for all the suggestions, unfortunately i have still not bought any car, reason being my sudden entry in to family life and spending too much and traveling.

Now that i have settled, i still need a few months to get my cash flows accumulated to buy, which might take a few months again.

So guys, am still in look out for a car with a budget of around 4lakhs and a decent FE.

update: My neighbor got a new Estilo, i got to say it fits me perfectly but i hate that shape, don't know why.
Old 29th January 2011, 16:13   #39
Senior - BHPian

Go for the WagonR Lxi CNG. it has the same engine of that alto k10 and dimension wise also both are similar. i suggest you to avoid Estilo either go for alto k10 or wagonr CNG.
Old 1st February 2011, 17:07   #40
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Typing a message which is not a value-addition to the topic being discussed, or is just entirely irrelevant is considered as “Spam” on this community. Spamming is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 6th February 2011 at 22:20.
karty_83 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 25th February 2011, 20:10   #41
BHPian

Now things has really turned complicated for me friends, Family life is taking its toll and lots of medical bills are accumulating my monthly budget. With a heavy heart i have changed my mind to opt for a used car.

My financial have taken a beating due to my new family life and a huge investment on my house.

Now that i have been spared with just 1 Lakh Rupees for car, that too i will get that money only in the month of June.

another update is i bumped with one of my very old class mate, who has his own car mechanic shop (family business) and he told he will assist me in getting a good car for my budget.

Am really upset with my new financial situation, but investing in house seems to be a good decision for me.

Now the search begins for a Car with one lakh price range in Chennai.

Help me out guys, am really confused in this position.

Old 26th February 2011, 10:50   #42
Senior - BHPian

An old car is usually a money drain. What you save in initial cost, you pay in regular repair bills. Once you evaluate the cost of maintenance, you will find that there is not much difference between maintenance costs of an old car and EMI paid on loan. If you have a capital of 1L, then try and save another 1L within one year. Use that amount to reduce the loan on a new car. With normal running, you will not have any maintenance costs on a new car for at least 3 years.
Old 28th October 2011, 17:28   #43
BHPian

well, my sister is planning to sell matiz and get a new hatch. She normally drives alone most of the time. I have shortlisted Alto K 10 and Estilo, wagon R being ruled out because of boot space and price.

Maruti currently have ALto K10 VXi at 3.38 lacs with Rs 39000 discount+exchange benefit while Estilo Lxi is at 3.68 lacs with Rs 63000 discount. Therefor there is only Rs 8000 difference between the two. I think estilo offers good VFM at this price of Rs 3.08 lacs.

Because of driving matiz she likes cars with higher sitting, she never like Alto F8 because of low sitting. She is a very sedate driver.Boot space is more in Estilo too.She plans to keep the car for long, say 7-8 years.

Which is better for her, Alto K10 @ Rs 3 lacs or Estilo Lxi @ Rs 3.08 lacs ex showroom?
Old 28th October 2011, 21:29   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock75 View Post
well, my sister is planning to sell matiz and get a new hatch. She normally drives alone most of the time. I have shortlisted Alto K 10 and Estilo, wagon R being ruled out because of boot space and price.

Maruti currently have ALto K10 VXi at 3.38 lacs with Rs 39000 discount+exchange benefit while Estilo Lxi is at 3.68 lacs with Rs 63000 discount. Therefor there is only Rs 8000 difference between the two. I think estilo offers good VFM at this price of Rs 3.08 lacs.

Because of driving matiz she likes cars with higher sitting, she never like Alto F8 because of low sitting. She is a very sedate driver.Boot space is more in Estilo too.She plans to keep the car for long, say 7-8 years.

Which is better for her, Alto K10 @ Rs 3 lacs or Estilo Lxi @ Rs 3.08 lacs ex showroom?
Between the two, I would opt for the Alto K10. However, I am not recommending the Alto, I would buy the Hyundai Eon rather.
Old 28th October 2011, 22:24   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock75 View Post

I would recommend estilo. I have been using both since 2007. Estilo July 2007 (82k kms) Alto Sept 2007 (58k kms). Still i kept the estilo and sold off the Alto last month (and upgraded to Micra diesel)
My observations are:
1.FE is nearly the same. estilo 14 kmpl with ac and alto 15 kmpl with Ac on
2.Estilo is one segment ahead of Alto. People still see it as Alto
3. With the discontinuation of M800, Alto is car of choice for rural India. Brand image of Alto has definitely gone down.
I see all gaonwalas driving the Altos but this is not the case with estilo
4. estilo has more leg room of front passengers Rear seat space is nearly the same.
5. With the tall boy stance estilo is easier to drive in the city.
6. Ac is definitely more powerful in estilo. Chills the cabin in seconds. Never used it at blower speed over 2 with 4 passengers on boards. With Alto at full blower speed the rear passengers used to complain.
7. For long drives i found Estilo much more comfortable. with estilo i have done upto 800kms in a single day. It was never tiring. With Alto i could hardly do 300km. even rear passengers find the estilo more comfortable.
8. Since ur sister will be using it she will find the Exteriors of Estilo better or atleast acceptable.
9 estilo is an under estimated car with great potential. Only problem is that it is being compared with Zen the car it replaced and people cant find the zen genes in estilo. They are segments apart.
8. with alto i had no extra expenses except routine service charges. For estilo i got it axle replaced at 60k km (Rs 4200/-) and the other axle is due for replacement. Do check with other estilo owners for this axle issue.
9. Estilos dash board is broader and the windshield is placed far away for the driver compared to the Alto with smaller dash and small windshield. this creates a sense of space in the Estilo
10. estilos interiors look fresh
11. With alto u will definitely get a better FE
12. Resale value is nearly the same. True value estimated my estilo at 1.6 lacs ( 3.62 was the onroad price in 2007) and 1.3 lacs for alto ( 3.00 lac onroad in 2007)
These observations are for 2007 model cars. I cant comment on the new k series cars.
Take ur sis for a TD and let her decide.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks