Team-BHP - Wanted Car For 1,00,000/-
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Hatchbacks (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/)
-   -   Wanted Car For 1,00,000/- (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/9109-wanted-car-1-00-000-a.html)

WANTED CAR FOR 1,00,000/-

Hi just sold my nissan and Jeep...
now i was going to buy a new car mid of next year.
but as of now i want a car in bangalore not more than 1 lakh.

cars i am thinking about are.
1.Maruti Gypsy
2.Santro
3.Maruti Zen
4.Tata Mobile (like to modify a bit)

if there are any cars in ur mind please let me know.

If FE and ride comfort is not a concern...then the gypsy will be quite an entertaining car to drive from the given lot.

But if you could list your requirements...only then can we give a proper opinion.

Drifter

Right - like what will be the usage like and will it be only for you or you need to take family etc as well.
What else do you need? a small car or an economical one or what
Since a Zen and Tata Mobile/Gypsy are 2 extremes.

man, get tata siera. its fun to drive and you should get it for 75k :)

Imho...

in local dialect, they say, "Kisi se dushmani nikalni ho to use TATA lorry kharidne ko kaho!" and tata Sierra is smaller version of the TATA Lorriez, wherein a person keeps putting fuel, and money to keep the car running! ;)

Best bet for ZULFIKAR woulb be the Maruti Zen! i had sold my 1995 Zen for around 1lk in March. so yea, within 1lk u will surely get a nice car, thou, it would be of around 1994-96 make. I doubt a good condition Santro would be available for 1lk.

well thanks guys i stay alone with friends in bangalore so any car would be good.
just taking the car for 2-3 months... planning to buy a new car in mid 2006...
i have an optra at home in hyderabad...so not worried about family...
i am mainly looking for either gypse or a tata mobile...
if i take a tata mobile i will get it moded little bit...

i had a tata sierra and dont want it as of now...
very heavy on maintanence...

any one has seen a gypsy/tata mobile for sale...let me know...

used santro is best. check for service records

Zulfikar,
If you are selling that vehicle after 3-4 months, then contact me.. I may be interested.

And if anyone knows of 800/Zen for 40-50K(yes.. my budget is that much), then do let me know. Atleast it should not have rust.

If ur looking for a nice fast car, check out the Daewoo Cielo or Nexia. I know the company is closed now, but spares are available. U could get a Cielo well under 75k. And make sure u don't look at the mileage figures :D

Quote:

800/Zen for 40-50K
Make it two if u find one!!

i would recommend daewoo nexia or cielo executive ,both the cars are steal at this price and i bet you will fall in love with them if you keep them,i had a cielo ,finding spares is never a problem and maintaince is lot cheaper than ikon and accent.try to get post2000 models.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulfikar
i am mainly looking for either gypse or a tata mobile...
if i take a tata mobile i will get it moded little bit...

From those two...it has to be the gypsy...firstly...it will be much more refined than the tata, petrol vs diesel i dont think i have to elaborate that one.

Maintenence is expected to be heavy as with tata vehicles of that vintage. A good gypsy can be had for around 1 lakh...you might get a used tatamobile cheaper but you'l end up spending on the maintence...but since you are going to be using it for only a few months i dont think there should be a problem even with the mobile...but for peace of mind, i'd pick the gypsy. Its less likely to give you trouble than the tata.

Maybe im a bit biased towards the gypsy...i used to have one...and i wish i still had it...need i say more? Who cares if petrol costs 50 bucks a litre right? :D

Drifter

Something different - you might find a good 118NE for that price (actually you'd find a pair or even 3 for that budget)...it would be a great car IF its not rusted through. I've seen some run with that butter-smooth Nissan engine sounding as good as new even today.

hi all
will be buying either of these which ever i get...

gypse/uno D/zen
if any one has seen these cars for sale please update it or pm me...

Quote:

Something different - you might find a good 118NE for that price (actually you'd find a pair or even 3 for that budget)...
I am another fan of the 118NEs but finding a good one will be really tough. Bit bulky if you have to drive one but if you are a passenger, not many cars will beat the comfort. I had a Diesel 118 and used to make regular trips between Chennai and Coimbatore (500 KMs Approx, 6-7 Hours).

Out of your final list, the Zen and Uno D sounds better as you say you need them only for 2-3 months.... both these cars have good resale value and will not burn your fingers...