Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2005, 00:48   #1
BHPian

Swift or zen or santro which one to buy??

Guys help me decide which one to buy out of the three. which one is the all rounder, and the best buy.
Old 16th December 2005, 01:15   #2
BHPian

Sameer...more details about what your budget is, how much you travel weekly, what you are really looking in a car, etc would be helpful...

But on the face of it...Swift is your best bet out of the lot...

Cheers!!!
Old 16th December 2005, 01:20   #3
Senior - BHPian

The swift...definitely. No thinking twice if u're considering a santro and a zen.
Old 16th December 2005, 01:22   #4
BHPian

[SIZE=2]you have decide which parameters are most important to you. after all my research and i had the same question , i have zeroed on the santro. the swift is a great car, great looker, big engine, power, big tyres, features, starting price of 4 lac, all that is great only drawback is that the car is not as big from inside as it looks. seating 5 person in a swift will be a difficult task, and then santro has advantage over price and mileage. but then its really a difficult decision to make. zen is completely beaten in all areas by one of the two cars and it looks outdated too. rest is your choice[/SIZE]
Old 16th December 2005, 01:42   #5
Senior - BHPian

Getz takes on the Santro easily and Swift is more upmarket.

Santro and Zen I believe are losers in front of getz and swift.

If space is an issue with you in swift then go for the getz. I personally like the getz design more than swift.
Old 16th December 2005, 02:03   #6
Senior - BHPian

i would say go in for the swift if its against the zen and santro its a better car anyday.but why arent you considering the getz its a great car too and i personally prefer it over the swift.
whats your budget by the way and what are you looking for in the car ??

Rev
Old 16th December 2005, 02:48   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

i would suggest the swift which is far better than santro and zen.getz is also a good car but not as fuel efficient and the engine is not as good.
Old 16th December 2005, 03:34   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman
i would suggest the swift which is far better than santro and zen.getz is also a good car but not as fuel efficient and the engine is not as good.

Getz is priced just a margin higher than the santro, its got more space, looks better( I prefer its looks over Swifts) and hyundai will certainly give some discounts.
Old 16th December 2005, 04:53   #9
Max
BHPian

go for swift man, its great looker and fun to drive. it also have ABS and all so its more safe. If you are in tight budget then go for santro. zen is big NO.
Old 16th December 2005, 09:32   #10
BHPian

There is no competition here. Its the swift obviuosly..
Old 16th December 2005, 09:54   #11
BHPian

my order of preference would be

swift
santro
zen
Old 16th December 2005, 10:16   #12
Senior - BHPian

haha ...santro and the zen just cannot be compared with the swift...swift or the getz anytime ...
Old 16th December 2005, 10:21   #13
cnu
BHPian

zen is a dated model and I would not recommend it anymore. Between Swift and Santro, I would definitely choose Swift.

If you are bringing Getz into the discussion, this link should help you decide - http://www.rediff.com/money/2005/jun/04motoring.htm
Old 16th December 2005, 10:32   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesri1981
seating 5 person in a swift will be a difficult task
Definitely not. Do you mean to say it is better when you have 5 persons on the board in Santro compared to a Swift in terms of comfort. No way.

Santro XO model which has got all the features ( not abs and airbag) cost Rs.3.92 on road. Where as Swift Vxi (non-abs) will cost you Rs.4.67 on road or Getz GVS will cost you 5.07.

If you choose Swift over Santro the diff is 75K or Getz over Santro is 1.15L. You will be able to get accessories worth 10k free if you opt for Getz. Hence we can make the diff as 1.05L between Getz and Santro.

If you look at the figures one year down the line, you will have a thought that Swift or Getz is a better deal as value of money certainly will come down.

On the FE front, Hyundai claims Satro eRLX will give you a mileage of 12-14 kmpl, which you can get in Swift and marginally on the lower side for Getz.

But Swift and Getz will give you a heavenly driving pleasure, which the other would not offer to that extent

Go for either Swift or Getz
Old 16th December 2005, 10:43   #15
BHPian

There is no competition of the swift with the Zen and the Santro. The swift is simply in a higher segmant.

Between Swift and Getz - Swift drives and performs a hell lot better than the Getz. It rides and handles better than the Getz also(especially the Zxi model with wider tyres).Swift also has one of the best front seat drivers position(w.r.t ergonomics). For me lookswise swift looks like a stunner while the Getz looks like an ordinary hatchback.For Getz it has marginally more space in the interiors than the swift and has a larger boot.

And if you like to drive then there is no competition. Getz is simply lazy compared to the Swift and feels breathless when revved hard. As a bonus swift is also more FE.

If Swift is in your budget just choose between Swift and Getz(forget about the Santro and the Zen). See what factors are important to you and then choose wisely.

Last edited by imjimmy : 16th December 2005 at 10:46.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks