Old 17th December 2010, 11:58   #1

Pre-owned Hyundai i10 Automatics!

Good day all,

I am thinking of replacing my existing car, old Estilo, for a pre-owned i10 automatic. Idea being my wife can drive when i am not home with ease and eventually I end up buying Scorpio AT whenever budget would permit.

While searching for used i10 automatics, I found that many individual sellers are selling them at very lttle running km, some as low as 8000. On an average I have found all well below 35k mark. Any reason why i10 AT owners getting rid of their cars so early? Or am I mistaken interpreting?
Also most of them come from Banglore. I wouldn't mind buying there for usage in Maharashtra but I am getting inquisitive about above two facts.

I know that FE would be low. However our running is absoloutely minimum. Hence i am not at all concerned.

Are there any other aspects than usual pre-owned car buying that need to be considered for a pre-owned i10 AT? Moreover, if someone has come across a good used i10 AT, please let me know as I am not so good at searching on net.

Regards.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : SMS Language is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP (w'd=would, abt=about etc). Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 2nd February 2011 at 12:04. Reason: SMS Language
Old 17th December 2010, 13:04   #2

Re: Pre-owned i10!

Being an owner of an i10 AT, i can say this:

- Superb car
- AT is a breeze to drive in the city
- You need to change the tyres... atleast one size upsize in width. This dramatically improves ride and handling and the boat type body roll is checked to a certain extent
- the FE is low... more so if you drive less daily
- only reason i would sell is to upgrade to a bigger vehicle. Or someone may be selling for FE issues.
- there are no other flaws with the vehicle as such
Old 17th December 2010, 13:42   #3

Tejas,

Bingo. You have hit the nail on the head. The only issue which I see with i10AT is FE which has been slightly corrected with the new engine. I am getting 14 KMPL on a long highway drive. Short city runs give you about 10-11 kmpl. Other than this issue the car is a gem. Good handling, Nice power, great allround view while driving what more can you expect out of a hatch.
Old 17th December 2010, 15:47   #4

Thanks DieselFan and Tejas,

Your assertions have made me feel that I am making a right choice. However, I was concerned coz many cars are up for sale with barely 6-8-9k km on odo.

Anyways, if I am looking at 2008 model what do you say should be good price for 1.2AT sportz or any other variant?

Rgds.
Old 27th December 2010, 18:23   #5

Preferably, look for i10AT with Kappa engine. Not sure, if there was a non-kappa AT in i10 Series. My i10AT gives a decent 11 to 12 kmpl in city driving as long as I ensure that I don't rev suddenly and keep the rpm around 2000. A 2008 model in good condition should be available at 3.5 to 3.75 lacs.
Old 12th January 2011, 17:29   #6

Re: Pre-owned Hyundai i10 Automatics!

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers. Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. It would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Also, please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Do read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 19th January 2011 at 11:12.
arin_12 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 16th January 2011, 01:38   #7

I too am looking for an used i10 A/T. There's not much in the chennai market and those planning to sell are quoting very high prices (say 4.5 to 5 lacs for a 2009 sportz model) when the onroad price is 5.5 lacs.
Old 16th January 2011, 14:53   #8

I am also planning for an automatic hatch, if it is a new one I can go for Astar which comes around 4.5 Lakhs, or go in for a pre-owned i10 AT.
Old 16th January 2011, 15:17   #9

Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
I am also planning for an automatic hatch, if it is a new one I can go for Astar which comes around 4.5 Lakhs, or go in for a pre-owned i10 AT.
Chennai dealers says Astar Auto is not in full production and it would take 3 months for delivery once booked.
Old 16th January 2011, 17:24   #10

Why would anyone sell their i10 AT? It has to be some kind of distress sale.

Right now there is nothing to match i10 AT in the small hatch segment, A-Star runs a very poor second. My wife wants to replace her 2003 Santro Xing AT. We have been looking for something, anything that compares with i10, but there isn't any choice. We will be upgrading the Santro AT with i10 Auto soon.

PS: Santro AT already has a confirmed buyer, so don't ask.
Old 16th January 2011, 18:00   #11

I have been checking the classifieds for a pre-owned Santro or i10 AT in and around Delhi for my mom, but no luck so far. Even asked a few dealers who said getting hands on one will be really tough. Interesting to know you are able to find many in Bangalore. If any Delhi based T-BHPian can give some pointers for the same, it would be much appreciated.
Old 16th January 2011, 23:08   #12

Why would anyone sell their i10 AT? It has to be some kind of distress sale.

Right now there is nothing to match i10 AT in the small hatch segment, A-Star runs a very poor second. My wife wants to replace her 2003 Santro Xing AT. We have been looking for something, anything that compares with i10, but there isn't any choice. We will be upgrading the Santro AT with i10 Auto soon.

PS: Santro AT already has a confirmed buyer, so don't ask.
Please let me know to which automatic to go for, either i10 or Astar. I would like to know more about the gearbox, driveability, FE. Very much inclined with Beat but no automatic, any new AT hatchbacks coming in 2011, I can wait for 3-6 months since this would be the second car.
Old 16th January 2011, 23:13   #13

Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
Please let me know to which automatic to go for, either i10 or Astar.
It depends on your requirement. I am buying i10 AT because it meet our requirement. The A-Star is too crampy & underpowered.
Old 17th January 2011, 08:40   #14

I have just paid an advance on a July 2010 i10 Asta, with sunroof, ABS and airbags, run 1750km. My cost is 5.25l.
Old 17th January 2011, 08:46   #15

Originally Posted by jyobeb View Post
I have just paid an advance on a July 2010 i10 Asta, with sunroof, ABS and airbags, run 1750km. My cost is 5.25l.
Damn, you are lucky. Congrats! BTW, why is the current owner selling it?