Team-BHP - Wake up Call for Zen Gods
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Hatchbacks (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/)
-   -   Wake up Call for Zen Gods (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/9387-wake-up-call-zen-gods.html)

Hello Tbhpians,
My friend is looking forward to buy a second hand Zen, I would like suggestions so that I can focus on what to watch out for when buying it. He is relying on me and I need to make sure that my friend gets the best of it.
Also if anyone is planning to sell his zen, let me know, this wont be an immediate purchase since we havent started looking around for cars as yet. Will be fishing for cars from tomorrow.
Hope I am clear to all... So let it begin...

Chill

Neo

before buying second hand car make sure you get it checked with your local trustable garage. Make sure about battery, tyre conditions. also, check the windshield glass, if its not factory fited then its possible that vehical faced accident. also, check out previous maintenance history and insure history if possible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max
before buying second hand car make sure you get it checked with your local trustable garage. Make sure about battery, tyre conditions. also, check the windshield glass, if its not factory fited then its possible that vehical faced accident. also, check out previous maintenance history and insure history if possible.

Well I dont have any special garage that i know or someone who i can trust... I never owned a zen and hope you can help me.

Also is the zen the ultimate choice for a second hand car under 2 laks...

Quote:

Originally Posted by general_neo
Well I dont have any special garage that i know or someone who i can trust... I never owned a zen and hope you can help me.

Also is the zen the ultimate choice for a second hand car under 2 laks...

you could look around for a slightly older esteem as well, if age isn't a major criteria.
if you don't have a familiar garage around then try and take te car to the nearest sevice station once you are close to getting one.
can't think of any typical zen traits, just look out for the common stuff for other cars.

manson.

Quote:

My suggestion would be to approach Maruti True value. You can be rest assured since they don't trade vehicles involved in serious accidents. And you even get a warranty of 1 year (offcourse a premium is included in the price itself for this).

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnu
My suggestion would be to approach Maruti True value. You can be rest assured since they don't trade vehicles involved in serious accidents. And you even get a warranty of 1 year (offcourse a premium is included in the price itself for this).

Can u direct me towards True value in blore....

you will also get good ford ikon under 2 lakhs. i seen one for 1.5 lakhs (2000 1.3clxi) at chembur.

Quote:

Can u direct me towards True value in blore....

All the Maruti dealers have the True value department. I have earlier interacted with Bimal Auto Agency and am satisfied with their service. I will PM you the contact number.

Does anyone know a icon in 2 lakhs... Seems like a good idea unless the car has been abused badly.
Now I we are stuck in between zen, wagon r, esteem and icon.

Quote:

Does anyone know a icon in 2 lakhs... Seems like a good idea unless the car has been abused badly.
Now I we are stuck in between zen, wagon r, esteem and icon.

dude, go to your local car dealers, search in newspapers etc., and they should be having lots of ikon standing by for sale. Here in Bombay you will get lots of ikon bellow 2 lakhs (yes in good condition).

Moved to What Car.

GTO

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
Moved to What Car.

GTO

Huh!!!
I am confused my ur question!!!

My friend says he can settle down for an Esteem but he always wanted Icon, now he can afford a zen and Wagon R is more spacious and upright posture. What to buy?

Hehehe!!!

Quote:

Huh!!!
I am confused my ur question!!!

My friend says he can settle down for an Esteem but he always wanted Icon, now he can afford a zen and Wagon R is more spacious and upright posture. What to buy?

Neo, I think your friend must first decide if he needs a sedan or a hatch back.
Once that is done, half the confusion is gone.

According to the latest news, Zen production is going to stop after about 4 months. So your friend better stick to WagonR.