Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2005, 15:50   #16
Senior - BHPian

I would say avoid Zen D like plague. There are good reasons that even Maruti has disowned it.
Old 28th December 2005, 17:44   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
I would say avoid Zen D like plague. There are good reasons that even Maruti has disowned it.
Waise RX bhaiyya... In Mumbai and Pune and elsewhere ppl do think ZenD was a worthless car but you should come down south to see the craze they have for ZenD. In fact I was stupified to learn that even in the second-hand car market ZenD actually commands a premium over other diesels! Beat that
Old 28th December 2005, 17:49   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna
TUD5 is a famous diesel engine developed by pugeot. it was in 309GLD, zen diesel, esteem diesel and accent (till they introduced crdi).
Ya... TUD5 is a legendary diesel engine from pugeot....
But never knew it was planted in an accent also...
Old 28th December 2005, 17:49   #19
Team-BHP Support

Purnendu I think you should look at sites like Sulekha.com You will find a lot of listings for used cars. You may find something that suits you.

By the way, getting a 3year old diesel with just 25000 kms on the clock will be the tougher part. By nature diesel cars are such that they always put up a lot of kms very early in life. If you do find such a car be sure to get it thoroughly inspected by a trusted garage. It is not difficult to set back the odo by a good few thousand kms.
Old 28th December 2005, 17:53   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen
Ya... TUD5 is a legendary diesel engine from pugeot....
But never knew it was planted in an accent also...
Oh, you would have seen a lot of them nonetheless. From now keep an eye on those accents on the road. Any one that has an Accent DLS badging (not CRDi) will have a TUD5 engine.

If I am not mistaken even the Indica engine is a derivative of the original TUD5. So that makes it a whole host of diesel cars in india across categories that have a direct or indirect TUD5 lineage. What say?
Old 28th December 2005, 18:25   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo
Waise RX bhaiyya... In Mumbai and Pune and elsewhere ppl do think ZenD was a worthless car but you should come down south to see the craze they have for ZenD. In fact I was stupified to learn that even in the second-hand car market ZenD actually commands a premium over other diesels! Beat that
I knew in South, there is lot of demand for diesels. But even Zen-D? Sure beats me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks