Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2011, 13:40   #46
BHPian

Re: Ritz Vxi or Vista Aqua QDJ? EDIT : Vista QDJ Aqua booked !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Congratulations!!

Vista is surely a good choice. I am driving Vista petrol since Aug'09 and the car has no issues. Like someone mentioned, the A/C is the only down side, but it does cool the cabin after a while.

Also, my exp of Tata A.S.S. has been good so for. No complaints.
AjAY-I have had a santro an i was pretty satisfied with its a/c performance.Have u had a chance to feel the santro's a/c and do you think the Vista is equal or any better?I did feel satisfied with the demo car's a/c(aura qdj).
Old 8th February 2011, 14:43   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam.k View Post
AjAY-I have had a santro an i was pretty satisfied with its a/c performance.Have u had a chance to feel the santro's a/c and do you think the Vista is equal or any better?I did feel satisfied with the demo car's a/c(aura qdj).
No, I have not had a chance to feel Santro's A/C. If Tata has changed the compressor on the Vista along with the new Drivetech4 gearbox, then it should be better. But, as I said, the A/C in Vista does take some time to cool, but it does fairly well after a while. One trick to follow in Vista is, when you start driving switch ON the A/C and let the windows be down for a minute or 2 and then roll them up. This works.
Old 8th February 2011, 15:53   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One trick to follow in Vista is, when you start driving switch ON the A/C and let the windows be down for a minute or 2 and then roll them up. This works.
This trick works universally in small cars, as the AC is just powerful enough to maintain the cool, but struggles to cool the car when it is 40+ outside and 45+ inside. Driving with windows open flushes the hot air out, thus less load on the AC.
Old 8th February 2011, 16:15   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...the santro's a/c and do you think the Vista is equal or any better?..
The first impression i got from sitting in my friends new Vista was that the AC was not powerful. In the same weather my Swift was cooling the interiors faster than the Vista.

And one more thing i can advice is getting the sun film fixed in the front. Vkool or Air-75. My Jetta cools atleast 10 times faster on a hot day compared to my swift which does not have the film. Personally i feel it a must to get the sun film on the front wind shield.
Old 8th February 2011, 20:47   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
This trick works universally in small cars, as the AC is just powerful enough to maintain the cool, but struggles to cool the car when it is 40+ outside and 45+ inside. Driving with windows open flushes the hot air out, thus less load on the AC.
Guess i have to adopt this trick being a hatch owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
The first impression i got from sitting in my friends new Vista was that the AC was not powerful. In the same weather my Swift was cooling the interiors faster than the Vista.

And one more thing i can advice is getting the sun film fixed in the front. Vkool or Air-75. My Jetta cools atleast 10 times faster on a hot day compared to my swift which does not have the film. Personally i feel it a must to get the sun film on the front wind shield.
Any idea what the costs are for the sunfilm mentioned above?
Also if anybody can suggest a good tire as a replacement for the goodyears that come as standard on the vistas
Old 9th February 2011, 21:03   #51
BHPian

Damn the sales guy! He quit a week back and didnt even care to inform me or anything like that.The dealer was supposed to get the car from pune this weekend and wheni call this guy,cool as cucumber he asks me to contact the showroom as he is not with them anymore.
The dealer now says that tata motors is yet to start dispatching 2011 aqua models as there are enough 2010 models still in their yard.How true could this be?I kinda dont buy this theory!Now i have an option to again back to buying a 2010 model which the dealer has in stock still at the discounted price(4.99L) or wait to hear from the dealer about the 2011 model dispatch from factory!!
Old 14th February 2011, 17:17   #52
BHPian

Finally the loan processing is done from SBI.Handed over the cheque to the dealer this morning.My good old buddy santro left for good from us on Saturday.It was kinda over whelming to see it go from us for the last time. :-( .
I truly wish she serves her purpose as well as she served us,without letting us down even once anywhere and her new boss too treats her the same way we did if not better.

The dealership experience at Concorde motors,Chennai was pretty smooth and uneventful except for having to deal with 3 salespersons in a span of 2 weeks.I haven't seen the 2nd guy in the showroom even once before and after our interaction(1 day to be precise).Maybe he was outsourced for a day just to deal with us..The dealer is offering sunfilm,mats and mud flaps a freebies.I was asked to go for rear power windows as well,but its not a OE unit that they were offering,so have decided not to go with it.Is it possible to go for OE rear power windows at a later stage?Apart from the above will be going for remote locking system and speakers from the dealer itself.The dealer is insisting on Minda central locking system(Rs.3900).I haven't heard much about it and dont know how good or bad it is, but it surely is smaller than the autocop unit.As for speakers planning to stick to 4 door speakers and the 3 month old pioneer head unit from the santro.Hope the SQ of this setup will not be all that bad as i am used to having oval's in my Santro and that surely is more bang for the beat!
Old 22nd February 2011, 23:47   #53
BHPian

Mods-I have purchased the car,request you to close this thread!

Thanks
Sam
Old 23rd February 2011, 00:00   #54
Team-BHP Support

Let us keep it open in case someone else has the same set of cars to choose from and wishes to take the thread further.
Old 24th February 2011, 18:32   #55
BHPian

A Vista QDJ Aqua-Refreshing !

First and foremost i would like to thank you all for helping me make the decision when i wanted to go for the new car. The thread for the same can be found below..
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchb...ua-booked.html
So finally settled for a 2010 model cavern grey Vista QDJ Aqua from Concorde motors, Chennai. The 2011 model that i had booked wouldn’t be available till March’11 i was told, and neither was i willing to wait that long. The actual date of delivery for the 2011 model was to be on Valentine’s Day, but it was not to be for the reason explained above. My Santro had been sold to TATA Assured a week before at a decent price. Had a tough time coming to terms with not seeing her in the parking lot for the next couple of days after she left.
On one hand i was excited about getting a new car and on the other hand wifey was even more excited about her first car buying experience and that too on Valentine’s Day and this happens. We were left with 2 options-a 2010 Aqua or 2011 Aura and both were available right away. Almost gave into the temptation for the Aura variant but sanity prevailed at last and decided to stick to 10 model Aqua and the delivery date postponed to 18th Feb considering it auspicious.
The Loan process through SBI was a breeze. Seriously, didn’t expect the dealing with a govt bank to be such a cake walk. Full marks to Mr.Raghunathan from SBI for taking time to come home, explain and get all the necessary paperwork done and that too all in one shot without any return visits. The entire process took about 4-5 working days and infact we had the loan sanctioned 3 days before the first decided date of delivery.
The sales experience with Concorde motors was good for the most of it, but not without any hiccups. Had to deal with 3 sales people in a span of 2 weeks and a goof-up by the in-store accessories people. However the lady who served us last was very professional in closing the deal. As promised reached Concorde motors with mom and wifey at around 4.30pm.The lady took time to explain everything on free services, warranty, added warranty and the car features. On the whole everything went well and won’t forget the experience for the right reasons.

Make : TATA
Model : Vista (2010 Model)
Variant : Aqua Quadrajet
Fuel : Diesel
Colour : Cavern Grey
Booked on : 29/01/2011
Delivery Date : 18/02/2011
Dealer & City : Concorde motors, Chennai
Offers : Free insurance, Exchange bonus-15000,Corporate offer-6500
Freebies : Mats, Mud flops, Garware sunfilms
Financer: SBI-Chennai
Insurance: TATA-ICICI Lombard

Last edited by bblost : 24th February 2011 at 18:35. Reason: Please continue in the same thread. Thanks.
Old 24th February 2011, 21:33   #56
Senior - BHPian

Great!! Congrats Sam.

Really great to see you had good experience with SBI. My SBI loan took a whole 22 days to get sanctioned.

However, what was the reason you did not go for Aura variant? Was it only price difference or something beyond that?

Nevertheless, I am happy to see another Vista going off the shelf. Believe me, Vista is a good product. Till date, I have not had ANY issue with the car. Nor have I had any arguments with the A.S.S. people. Tata is not all that bad as is the general thinking.

Please do post pictures of Aqua-refreshing Vista.

Wishing of lots of happy miles with her.
Old 24th February 2011, 21:55   #57
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Sam. Finally the wait is over. Welcome to the Vista Club.

But disappointed not to see any snaps of your beauty. Do post them soon.
Old 26th February 2011, 11:58   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Great!! Congrats Sam.

Really great to see you had good experience with SBI. My SBI loan took a whole 22 days to get sanctioned.

However, what was the reason you did not go for Aura variant? Was it only price difference or something beyond that?

Nevertheless, I am happy to see another Vista going off the shelf. Believe me, Vista is a good product. Till date, I have not had ANY issue with the car. Nor have I had any arguments with the A.S.S. people. Tata is not all that bad as is the general thinking.

Please do post pictures of Aqua-refreshing Vista.

Wishing of lots of happy miles with her.
Thanks a lot Ajay-I would agree a 101% with you thought on the Vista.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Congrats Sam. Finally the wait is over. Welcome to the Vista Club.

But disappointed not to see any snaps of your beauty. Do post them soon.
Amit-Thanks,will update with some snaps by tomorrow.My camera is acting cranky.It wouldn't read the sd card for some reason,but my comp reads it.

Vista had completed 90kms while taking delivery.The reasons for this could be driving it from Ambattur yard to the showroom at Velachery,then to the RTO's and back.Filled her up for Rs.1000/- and the fuel indicator hovers just above the 1st white bar after having done 350 odd kms,all in city limits.The drive is definitely great. Looks like i like Chennai roads better now.Driving over them is a breeze.I still have to get used to the larger dimensions while on road especially in bumper to bumper traffic.The steering,clutch and gears seem to be easing up as the odo gathers digits.I have washed it once with plain water and a blue cloth,but the job was not at all effective.Any good solutions recommended would be great.

I also discoverd that the car has instrument cluster lighting adjustment and anti-drip wipe features as well

Bothers so far : There is some suspension noise from both the sides in the front .It goes tak tak especially when going over potholes.I feel a car this new shouldn't be making such noises.

The mileage as of now seems to be only around 12-13kmpl.Is this normal and can i expect this to go up as i cover more kms?
Old 26th February 2011, 14:38   #59
BHPian

Mods-May i know why i haven't been allowed to open the new thread under initial ownership reports thread??
Old 2nd March 2011, 17:03   #60
BHPian

Mods-Could you update the topic to 'now delivered' please!Thanks

Sam.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks