Team-BHP - Upgrade to Mid Size Car within 6-7 from Indica
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Hatchbacks (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/)
-   -   Upgrade to Mid Size Car within 6-7 from Indica (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/9988-upgrade-mid-size-car-within-6-7-indica.html)

Dear Friends
I have been using Indica DLS for last three years now. Since the extended warranty as well as the family is growing up, I need to go in for a bigger car. My budget is till 7 lacs and my daily travel to& fro office is around 70kms with occasional trips to mahabaleshwar. I want to go in for some thing with good quality and support.
For Petrol after reading throught the threads and actually driving baleno made me a fan out of it.
Also test drove scorpio crde, but the jumpy handling made me little nervous as well. I dont want to buy first in the market fiesta as the spares would be damn expensive, nor Accent CRDI coz its too low.
I am a little confused though. Petrol is expensive but so are the spare parts of the diesel engines
Can you please advise me on how to go about this.
Rahul

Wait for the New Scorpio CRDi with Lotus suspension. Should be out within a few months.

Well my advise to you,
buy the tried and somewhat trusted Fiat Petra.
Has Space for 5, very comfortable, very solid, good boot space, now hopefully better ASS, very good bargain, very safe, very fast.
Or try the Baleno which doesn't have as good looks and solidity but better FE.

I would still advise you to get the Fiesta 1.4 EXi.
Spares would be a bit expensive but only in the beginning period and should be reasonable in say 3 months time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamborghini
I would still advise you to get the Fiesta 1.4 EXi.
Spares would be a bit expensive but only in the beginning period and should be reasonable in say 3 months time.

Thats right. Already many has opted for fiesta & the more they sell, less will be the cost of the spares. Read in this forum a fiesta owner mentioning that he gets 22 kmpl FE in city without A/c. Going by these however the driving conditions differ, you will get atleast 14kmpl, which makes a difference in the recurring expense (hmm corrupting on FE:D ).

Allright.. let me try petra diesel.. and 1.4 fiesta exi.

""22kmpl out of this car...wow for the weight and the 1400cc..;)" I drive somewhat with a heavy foot.. after effects of tata diesel car..

Well,
the Petra Diesel is a bit underpowered so you may end up driving with a heavy foot. But it's still quite a good car and since you are looking for a diesel mainly there is nothing better then the Petra D in the EL variant for your budget.
I reccomend it, many experts will reccomend it and even a few supposedely know all auto mags will reccommend it.
The Fiesta 1.4 EXi is the petrol variant. Supposed to give a FE of 10kmpl in regular city driving wheras the diesel is supposed to give 14kmpl according to ACI and 20+ kmpl according to experts and owners here. (If it gives us even 12kmpl, it will cut our monthly bill for the car it replaces into half or even more and since you travel 70kms/day like i do it matters).
Also if you can spring for the Fiesta Diesel, this car will seem like a petrol indica in terms of refinement.

Scorpio won be coming in 6-7 Lacs range, so thats out. Petra would be a good option and so would Indigo!!

If you happen to consider Petra, I strongly recommend Petrol model than Diesel. Test drive all cars in consideration and then decide.

I would also suggest the 1.4 Fiesta or the Baleno (if you like its looks, otherwise a good car no doubts).

If you only want a diesel take a look at the Fiesta 1.4 TDCi, fits the bill

Given the kms he does, and for a person used to economy of diesel, i personally feel petrol cars shouldnt be considered at all.

how expensive are ols Alturas ? Loaaaads of space, lovely looks and the engine should last forever. I was in love with that before I decided the City1.3 was the absolute max I could afford. Yes the Altura was 9.2+ at that time else I'd be driving one !!!!

Here's a thought...
Ever consider a member of Mahindra's huge family of 2-litre+ Peugeot diesel Jeeps?
Spares are cheap. They're fixable anywhere. And they have oodles of attitude and torque.

Hi,

The owner is me I think. ;)

Ya fiesta is a great car to drive solid, safe and economy at same time. And as per my city conditions it is giving around 21 - 22. Has allready done 1800+ kms now and i am now back at my place from delhi and will post pics soon.

So go get fiesta. I booked the car on the 5th day after its official launch. on 15 or 16 nov last year.

And i must say ford has done it this time.

So close yer eyes and get Fiesta. Though Petra is also gr8 car and i have heared that it gives 18 - 20 kmpl. But all the customers are pi$$ed off coz of A.S.S. of fiat here. Where as ford A.S.S is better than Fiat and in my city they are no.3 in A.S.S.

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surprise
Thats right. Already many has opted for fiesta & the more they sell, less will be the cost of the spares. Read in this forum a fiesta owner mentioning that he gets 22 kmpl FE in city without A/c. Going by these however the driving conditions differ, you will get atleast 14kmpl, which makes a difference in the recurring expense (hmm corrupting on FE:D ).

As per amount of your driving and and previous ownership, Fiesta TDCi would be the best for you although it may stretch a little over 7 lacs on road. It will give your comfort with economy and decent driveablity but it is not high on performance. Other diesel for you is Petra and old big brothers of Indica - Indigo or Marina.

If you are interested in changing over to petrol, then best one would be Fiesta 1.4 if lack of performance does not affect you. You would get the FE with comfort etc. You can have a look at City Exi.

Test drive the cars yourself and then decide. While doing this check for rear seat comfort and ease of getting out and getting in, accessories and then note it down and compare along with prices. While driving yourself, check for how much low on speed you can go without changing gear, how fast you can accelerate etc, how smooth are gear changing, and how comfortable you are with all the controls and position of driving. The dealers tell lot of things about their wares, you can listen to them but pay attention to your own obervation. And ultimately you satisfy yourself, because in the end you should feel down due to somebody's advice that you should have bought so and so model.

RK

I would suggest either the Baleno or the Fiesta...
The Petra is a good car, but with Fiat not doing too good in the market, spares might be a difficult issue if they close, so you can as well go for the Fiesta diesel as you will be covered under warranty and by the time spares issues start cropping up , you would have either sold the car or the cost of spares would have gone down..