Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2017, 12:35   #1
Senior - BHPian

The Datsun Redi-GO AMT, now launched at Rs. 3.81 lakhs

It has been reported that Datsun will launch an automated manual transmission (AMT) variant of the Redi-GO by the end of January 2018. A 5-speed AMT is expected to be offered on select variants of the Redi-GO equipped with the 1.0-litre engine.

The Datsun Redi-GO AMT, now launched at Rs. 3.81 lakhs-datsunredigo01.jpg

The Redi-GO in T(O) and S trims get the 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder engine which produces 67 BHP @ 5,500 rpm and churns out 91 Nm of torque @ 4,250 rpm. It will come equipped with the same 5-speed AMT from the Renault Kwid AMT. That said, it needs to be seen whether Datsun will offer the rotary gear selector as the Kwid AMT. Moreover, the list of features and equipment are likely to remain unchanged.

Now, the Redi-GO AMT will be priced at a slight premium over the manual version. At present, the Red-GO T(O) with a 1.0-litre engine and 5-speed manual gearbox is priced at Rs. 3.57 lakh, while the S variant costs Rs. 3.72 lakh.

Source: Autocar India

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th December 2017, 09:27   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: The Datsun Redi-GO AMT, now launched at Rs. 3.81 lakhs

Variants that bring a differentiated value are the best way to maintain sales momentum. The Redi-GO's sales saw a bump up after the 1.0L engine was introduced. With the market's newfound fascination for ATs, I'm sure this variant will also contribute a little bit to the numbers.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2017, 21:31   #3
BANNED

I think this could make a better value proposition than even the Kwid AMT when combined with Datsun's service packages which we saw launching earlier this year. The only thing that people were wary of while buying the kwid was the expensive service, this could help to quash even that.
I would also wish for the Manual Mode in AMT, but it seems like a lost cause now given that Kwid is doing decent numbers with AMT.
But I seriously hope that they offer Airbags and ABS finally. Since it will be a new variant, does it have to offer airbags mandatory as per the recent rules?

Last edited by tsk1979 : 24th January 2018 at 09:37. Reason: Typo
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 17:47   #4
Senior - BHPian

Datsun Redi-GO 1.0L AMT pre-bookings open

Back in December 2017, there had been reports that Datsun was planning to launch an automated manual transmission (AMT) variant of the Redi-GO. The company has now announced that pre-bookings for the upcoming Redi-GO 1.0L AMT have officially opened from January 10, 2018.

The Datsun Redi-GO AMT, now launched at Rs. 3.81 lakhs-redigo.jpg

Customers can pre-book a Datsun Redi-GO 1.0L AMT by paying a token amount of Rs. 10,000 at any Nissan and Datsun dealerships in India. Deliveries are said to commence from January 23, 2018.

The Redi-GO 1.0L AMT will use the same 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder petrol engine that is offered on the T(O) and S variants. This engine produces 67 BHP @ 5,500 rpm and 91 Nm of peak torque @ 4,250 rpm. The engine will be paired with a 5-speed AMT that also does duty in the Renault Kwid AMT.

Datsun hasn't announced the official pricing, however the Redi-GO AMT is expected to be priced at a premium of Rs. 30,000 above the manual version.
TusharK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2018, 14:18   #5
Senior - BHPian

Pictures from the Redi-GO 1.0 AMT Media Drive in Athirapally, Kerala :

The Datsun Redi-GO AMT, now launched at Rs. 3.81 lakhs-download_20180123_141038.jpg

The Datsun Redi-GO AMT, now launched at Rs. 3.81 lakhs-download_20180123_141034.jpg

The Datsun Redi-GO AMT, now launched at Rs. 3.81 lakhs-download_20180123_141036.jpg

Image Courtesy : Datsun India

The Datsun Redi-GO AMT, now launched at Rs. 3.81 lakhs-drivespark201801230001.jpg

Image Courtesy : Drivespark
Old 23rd January 2018, 22:00   #6
Senior - BHPian

Datsun Redi-GO 1.0L AMT launched at Rs. 3.81 lakh

Datsun has launched an automated manual transmission (AMT) version of the Redi-GO. The Redi-GO 1.0L Smart Drive Auto (AMT) is now on sale at an introductory price of Rs. 3,80,600 (ex-showroom).

The Datsun Redi-GO AMT, now launched at Rs. 3.81 lakhs-datsun-redigo-1.jpg

The Redi-GO AMT comes in two variants - T(O) and S. In terms of its proportions, the car is identical to the standard Redi-GO. It measures 3,429 mm in length, 1,560 mm in width and 1,541 mm in height. The wheelbase is 2,348 mm and it has a ground clearance of 185 mm (unladen). The Redi-GO AMT has a 222-litre boot.

The Datsun Redi-GO AMT, now launched at Rs. 3.81 lakhs-new-datsun-redigo-2.jpg

The Redi-GO AMT gets a chrome grille with sweptback headlamps, while LED DRLs are offered on the S trim. It has body coloured door handles and blacked-out B-pillars and ORVMs. The Redi-GO AMT comes with black interiors. It has a three-spoke steering wheel and a single-pod instrument cluster. The centre console is finished in piano black trim while there is silver trim on the gear lever, air-conditioning vents and the steering wheel. Unlike the standard Redi-GO, the new AMT version gets silver finished interior door handles.

The Datsun Redi-GO AMT, now launched at Rs. 3.81 lakhs-datsun-redigo-3.jpg

The 5-speed AMT is only available with the 1.0-litre version of the Redi-GO. The 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder petrol engine produces 67 BHP @ 5,500 rpm and 91 Nm of peak torque @ 4,250 rpm. It has 2 driving modes - Dual-Driving and Rush Hour. In Dual-Driving mode, drivers can select between automatic or manual mode. The 'Rush Hour' mode is basically a creep mode where the car can cruise at 5-6 km/h in bumper-to-bumper traffic.

In terms of features, the Redi-GO AMT is equipped with a new audio system with Bluetooth, offering features like hands-free calling and music streaming. It also comes with central locking and remote key as standard. The S variant gets a single driver-side airbag. The car is available in five colour options - Ruby Red, Lime Green, White, Grey and Silver.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by Aditya : 22nd March 2018 at 16:52.
TusharK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 09:28   #7
Senior - BHPian

This seems to be a better option compared to the AMT in KWID. Creep function will not only help in bumper to bumper traffic, it will also help in exiting from the underground parking spaces.

Also the dual drive mode will come handy on highway overtaking maneuvers. The asking price is also reasonable.

With Atleast driver side airbag; I would rate it above KWID even in safety aspect.

Good job Datsun !
i74js is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 14:26   #8
Senior - BHPian

Just saw the motown review of AMT trim and it states that the manual function though present, it function opposite to the convention of upshifting and downshifting !

Otherwise, the review had praises for the job well done by Datsun.
Old 20th April 2018, 14:54   #9
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Datsun Redi-GO AMT, now launched at Rs. 3.81 lakhs

Went for a test drive of Redi-GO AMT last evening. Loved the car. As an upgrade from my Tata Nano, seems good. VFM offering with an openable hatch, powerful 1.0L engine and the convenience of 2 pedal technology. As I am not used to automatics, so the not so smooth operation of AMT technology is not a deal breaker for me, moreover when I feel enthusiastic, I can always shift it to Manual mode. I am looking at the S variant, just for the sake of Driver side Airbag.

The boot loading lip is pretty high, but the boot looks quite big and spacious. Didn't like their Boot Cover though, it does not open fully as 2 triangular plastic bits are fixed and that looks problematic to carry bigger luggage. Not sure if I would like to buy that. Does anyone know of any other Boot Cover available in the car accessory shops which goes up fully with the tailgate and not hamper the luggage storage?

The only problem is, they are charging Rs.7990 as logistic charges and are saying that I should update them with the Supreme Court ruling against this, and I can not find anything relevant on the internet, if anyone has a copy of the ruling, please forward to me as a reply to this message. I did quote (https://indiankanoon.org/doc/14247221/) to them, which is of a case against Nissan showroom in Punjab and a customer. Attaching a pic of the Price List in Dehradun as well below:

The Datsun Redi-GO AMT, now launched at Rs. 3.81 lakhs-img_20180420_110420.jpg

The Standard Fitments (cost Rs.8984/-) added in the Price List consists of:
1. Mud Flaps
2. Floor Mats
3. Seat Cover
4. Perfume
5. Divinity
6. Steering Cover, and
7. Luggage Mat.
All these were already on my list, I am planning the car in Ruby (red) colour, and so was thinking of Red and Black seat covers, Red and Black Steering Cover, and my friend reminded me to make them swap the Wheel Covers with Red and Black wheel covers from Redi-Go Sport model.

Not yet booked the vehicle, working out a few dynamics of the buying process for now. Does anyone know if the process to carry your vehicle registration to your new car is applicable in all states or just a few states? I asked them that I would like to carry forward my present Regn. Number, and they called up someone to enquire and told me that it is not yet available in Uttarakhand. If there is any circular regarding this, it would be helpful if someone attached it in a reply and sent to me.
Old 23rd April 2018, 11:13   #10
Senior - BHPian

So, the latest update on the situation is:-

1. The Rs.15K discount on Insurance from Nissan Insure is only for the T(O) Model, and not the S model.

2. I sent an EMail out to Datsun Care (customercare.datsun@email.nissan.in) on 20th April, and got a call from ASM under whom the Dehradun dealership falls. And by today morning I have been informed that the Logistic Charges will be removed for me if I book the vehicle and the same has been informed to the dealership as well, for which I got a call from the CRM at JKG Datsun Nissan, Dehradun after a few minutes confirming the same. Quoting the EMail conversation below as well, for help to others when they want to get these removed from their booking:-

Quote:
My EMail on 20th
Respected sir,

I am in the process of booking Redi-GO AMT S model through JKG Datsun, Dehradun. I am not pleased to see the Logistic Charges being levied in the Price List as it is against the directive of the Honorable Supreme Court of India as well. Kindly take up the issue with the dealership and get these removed from my price quote.

Also, the webiste shows an offer of Free Insurance on Redi-GO AMT models up to Rs.15K, but the dealership says that it is only for T(O) models and not S models. The website does not mention any specific model with this discount. I want to get a clarification on this and get this applicable discount on my purchase.

Attaching picture of Price List received from JKG Datsun, Dehradun and screenshot of Datsun's offer on Insurance up to 15K on AMT models.
Quote:
Their response on 21st
On phone, asking me to send any web link about such a ruling as they have no clue about it.
Quote:
My EMail response
Attaching links to more references:-

1. https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/11369279.cms

2. https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/11779093.cms

3. https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/40444327.cms

4. http://www.newindianexpress.com/citi...er-664098.html

5. https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/48832904.cms

6. http://archive.indianexpress.com/new...arges/1007304/

I believe that these should be more than enough to help my cause and remove the illegal Logistic Charges from my car's Price List when the final billing etc. are done.

The Datsun Redi-GO AMT, now launched at Rs. 3.81 lakhs-1454682686026.jpg

The Datsun Redi-GO AMT, now launched at Rs. 3.81 lakhs-1454684086809.jpg

The Datsun Redi-GO AMT, now launched at Rs. 3.81 lakhs-1455352404849.jpg

The Datsun Redi-GO AMT, now launched at Rs. 3.81 lakhs-1456277754997.jpg

The Datsun Redi-GO AMT, now launched at Rs. 3.81 lakhs-delhi-transport-dept.jpg

The Datsun Redi-GO AMT, now launched at Rs. 3.81 lakhs-dh-hc.jpg

The Datsun Redi-GO AMT, now launched at Rs. 3.81 lakhs-gujarat-handling-charges-rto.jpg

The Datsun Redi-GO AMT, now launched at Rs. 3.81 lakhs-htttt.jpg

The Datsun Redi-GO AMT, now launched at Rs. 3.81 lakhs-img20160205wa00381.jpg

The Datsun Redi-GO AMT, now launched at Rs. 3.81 lakhs-toi-dc.jpg
After this, I got phone call from ASM on Saturday about processing my request, and then today morning about the Logistic Charges being removed for me if I book the vehicle

Kindly note, that all the Links and Images were compiled from the TBHP thread on Illegal Handling Charges (link - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...erala-too.html)

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd June 2023 at 11:42. Reason: Contact number deleted
AdityaDeane is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2018, 16:19   #11
Senior - BHPian

I would like to post an article from CarDekho.com about the safety features of Datsun Redi-Go (link - https://www.cardekho.com/features-st...p-priority.htm).

As per this article, the Datsun Redi-Go has a UN-94 Certified Reinforced Crash Protection Shell (RCPC). The article states that...

The Datsun Redi-GO AMT, now launched at Rs. 3.81 lakhs-features0.jpg

Details of UN 94 Certification are in the Brochure attached alongwith.

[ATTACH=road-map-2020.pdf]1757328[/ATTACH]

I know the body shell strength of entry level Cars in India is still debatable, and it is wiser to buy a Celerio / WagonR / Tiago etc. from a segment higher with better Active and Passive Safety Features. But for someone on a tight budget, I do not think that any other entry level car in India is UN 94 Certified and hence it will be a wiser decision to buy a Redi Go over it's primary rivals...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf road-map-2020.pdf (6.82 MB, 250 views)
AdityaDeane is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2018, 17:16   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
I know the body shell strength of entry level Cars in India is still debatable, and it is wiser to buy a Celerio / WagonR / Tiago etc. from a segment higher with better Active and Passive Safety Features. But for someone on a tight budget, I do not think that any other entry level car in India is UN 94 Certified and hence it will be a wiser decision to buy a Redi Go over it's primary rivals...
I do not know about Celerio, but Wagon R surely does boast of strengthened body shell along with side impact beams, ON PAPER. Otherwise, based on the accidents seen, Tiago appears the best built among all. However, god forbid in the case of an accident, chances of one getting out unscathed are higher in the German cars(Skoda's,VW's) when compared to the rest.

Last edited by jetsetgo08 : 2nd May 2018 at 17:17.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed