Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2011, 17:54   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Poor delivery experience with INDUS motors, Trivandrum

And I forgot to mention - The Sales Manager argued with me that Registration (at the RTO) can be done only by the dealer (Customer is not allowed to do this )

I know friends who have registered the Car themselves, but the Sales Manager wouldn't agree.

Last edited by jinojohnt : 12th June 2011 at 17:55.
Old 29th August 2011, 17:28   #17
Senior - BHPian

Most dealers in Trivandrum do not allow exchange of tires before delivery, or offer too less a price for the original tires. When I enquired for tire-exchange for my alto before delivery, I was at first refused an exchange. When I insisted again, they forwarded the call to the workshop manager, who offered Rs 300 each for the original tires and quoted Rs 2800 each for the requested brand of tires. I dropped his offer, because the price for the new (requested) tire was 2100 Rs at independant tire shops.
Old 12th September 2011, 13:10   #18
Senior - BHPian

When I told the executive that I am planning to check outside insurance rates, he mentioned that the cash discounts for A-star were applicable only if I take insurance from Maruti. Then I started reading all the fine prints in the car booking form (which I already signed), and saw a sentence "I undertake to pay for Maruti insurance".

Last edited by jinojohnt : 12th September 2011 at 13:13.
Old 12th September 2011, 13:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
And I forgot to mention - The Sales Manager argued with me that Registration (at the RTO) can be done only by the dealer (Customer is not allowed to do this )

I know friends who have registered the Car themselves, but the Sales Manager wouldn't agree.
Dear Jino,
If it is permanent registration to be done directly then customers cant take the vehicle directly as the official custodian of the vehicle is the dealer and no one else is authorised to take the vehicle on road without a trade certificate.Your friends who have done it directly would have done it after a temperory registeration.
Old 12th September 2011, 17:21   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
Dear Jino,
If it is permanent registration to be done directly then customers cant take the vehicle directly as the official custodian of the vehicle is the dealer and no one else is authorised to take the vehicle on road without a trade certificate.Your friends who have done it directly would have done it after a temperory registeration.
I think all dealers take temporary registration for all their cars when the stock arrives in their main stock-yard in the state (Fees is 50 Rs in Kerala). This Temporary registration is valid only for 7 days, and the Dealer OR Customer needs to apply for Permanent registration within 7 days of purchase. In fact when I bought my Alto 3 years back, the dealer gave me an option of registering the car myself, but I opted to register through the dealer because I was not aware of the formalities/complexities involved.

I am quoting from the Kerala Motor Vehicles Department website(MVDKerala - Vehicle Registration)

The Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 prohibits the driving of a motor vehicle in any public place or in any other place without registering it.....
..... A Temporary Registration is issued to a new vehicle to transport it from the place of purchase to the place of registration. The temporary registration is issued for a period of 7 days.

Last edited by jinojohnt : 12th September 2011 at 17:23.
Old 13th September 2011, 10:36   #21
Senior - BHPian

Poor delivery experience with INDUS motors, Trivandrum

Jino,

No dealer takes a temp registration unless it is for a customer.please note the following points.
1.Temp registration is taken in the name of a customer.
2.The vehicle can be permanently registered only in the same address as in the temp registration.
3.Validity of temp registration in kerela is now 15 days.
4.A vehicle cannot be temp registered as well as permanent registered in the same RTO if there is no number reservation.
5.A dealer can take permanent registeration directly only in RTO pertaining to their location.For all other locations(Sub RTO's) he has to take a temp registeration in the name of the customer and then get it permanent registered at the Sub RTO in the name of the customer.

I think this clarifies your doubt regarding registerations.

Now regarding a dealer taking a vehicle without registeration-This is done using trade certificates issued by RTO for the purpose of transfering or taking a vehicle out on road before registering the vehicle.Trade certificates are covered under insurance too.This is the reason why a customer cannot register his vehicle directly unless he has a temp registeration in his name.

ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
I think all dealers take temporary registration for all their cars when the stock arrives in their main stock-yard in the state (Fees is 50 Rs in Kerala). This Temporary registration is valid only for 7 days, and the Dealer OR Customer needs to apply for Permanent registration within 7 days of purchase. In fact when I bought my Alto 3 years back, the dealer gave me an option of registering the car myself, but I opted to register through the dealer because I was not aware of the formalities/complexities involved.

I am quoting from the Kerala Motor Vehicles Department website(MVDKerala - Vehicle Registration)

The Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 prohibits the driving of a motor vehicle in any public place or in any other place without registering it.....
..... A Temporary Registration is issued to a new vehicle to transport it from the place of purchase to the place of registration. The temporary registration is issued for a period of 7 days.
Old 25th October 2011, 14:25   #22
Senior - BHPian

Another one. I got my A-star Automatic registered 5 months back through the dealer itself (Indus Motors, Trivandrum). I am yet to get the RC book, so I enquired with the dealer. The dealer is asking me to go to the RTO and check myself. I know many of you would say that it's not the duty of the dealer, but I feel that the dealer should atleast check the status because I registered through the dealer.
Old 1st July 2015, 10:50   #23
Senior - BHPian

Please go through the below thread to understand the risks of driving with an over inflated tyre:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ted-tyres.html
Mods: Request to merge this thread if found appropriate.
Old 15th January 2016, 18:18   #24
BHPian

Indus Motors Trivandrum - Delivers New Ertiga With Fuel Left for Barely 5km

As posted in the "Booked My Car Thread" I had booked and taken delivery of an Ertiga ZXi+ Silky Silver on 23/12/2015. Detailed below is my harrowing experience with the car running out of fuel within 5km.

I had raised a complaint with Indus on 26th December for which they said they would get back to me. Which they have not till date (3 weeks). So sent the following e-mail to Maruti today. Hope at least then there will be change for good.

Ps.The e-mail has been edited to protect privacy by removing vehicle and personal details.

New Vehicle Runs Out of Fuel Within 5 kilometres of Taking Delivery

To:
contact@maruti.co.in
Hide
Dear Sir / Madam,

I had bought an Ertiga Zxi+ ( VIN Number MA3ELXXXXXXXXXX) from Indus Motors Trivandrum on 23/12/2015. Firstly I would like to place on record the excellent service rendered by the sales executive Mr Rajesh P who handled all my queries and requests. But the delivery team negated all that with the following incident.

At the time of delivery the odometer reading of the car was 39 km. At the time of me inspecting the car at the yard before registration, (as per the PDI list given on Team-BHP of which I am a member), the odometer reading on the car was 11 km and a job card mentioning that 5 litres of petrol was filled in the car on 15/12/2015 was seen in the glove box. At the time of delivery I was informed by the delivery team that another 4 litres of petrol was filled by them. I was also given a coupon for another 4 litres of fuel. As I had a few guests at home, I decided to head home (less than 4 km from the showroom) and fill petrol later in the night.

At around 8 in the night I took the car to fill fuel availing the 4 litre coupon, when barely 750 meters from my home (with the odometer at 44km) the car got switched off leaving me in a very difficult position with only my wife and 3 young kids in the car. I was flummoxed as to what had gone wrong. I tried starting the car a few time. The engine was cranking but would not start. Thankfully I had not entered the main roads and when I sensed the engine dying out I steered the car to the side and managed to stop somehow without any danger to me or the car. I immediately rang up Rajesh and told him about the predicament I was in. He told me that the fuel must have got over.

How is that the 4 litres of fuel that the delivery team told me was in the car over within just 5 km of driving? It dawned on me that the 4 litres of fuel which they claimed to have filled was never filled by them. In fact only the 5 litres of fuel filled in the yard on 15/12/2015 was in the car. It was with this fuel that the car had run the 39 km till delivery and they did not even take care to fill fuel for the car to run even 5km after delivery. How cheap when the customer is buying a car spending nearly 10 lakhs.

I then had to then call up my father who is a senior citizen as I could not leave my wife and kids alone at that hour stranded by the roadside. My father then had to go to a pump and buy petrol in a 2 litre bottle twice as a minimum of 4 litres of fuel were needed in the tank to start the car. Not to mention the embarrassment of being stranded by the roadside in a brand new car. Finally it was only by 9:30pm I was able to get the car started and move on. It spoiled our new car experience and enjoyment and all plans for the evening.

Once again a special mention about Sales executive Mr Rajesh P who went beyond the normal call of duty and was in contact with me till the car got started. This incident was reported to Indus Motors on 26th December when I was called by a lady from there to provide feedback about the delivery. When I narrated the harrowing experience I went through, I was assured that the incident would be reported and that they would get back to me. When asked to rate the purchase experience during the feedback call on a scale of 1-10, I clearly said that I was giving a Zero for the delivery team with full marks to Rajesh.

But after that call when I raised the complaint till date there has been no response by Indus Motors. Our family has been a long-time customer of Maruti. In fact our first Maruti 800, a car we bought in 1995 from Popular Motors Trivandrum is still with us 21 years later. Later we bought an Alto Lx in 2004 from Sarathy Motors, Trivandrum, an A Star Zxi in 2011 from Hercules Motors Trivandrum all of which bought from different Maruti dealers in Trivandrum are still with us. Point to note is that we never had any such experience with any of the other Maruti dealers where fuel to run even 5km was not filled before handing over for delivery and that too all the other cars were budget hatch backs costing at the most 4.5 lakhs. Our very first experience with a premium nearly 10 lakh Rupee car with Indus Motors has started off on a sour note.

Being an automobile enthusiast and automobile engineer by training, and in the Banking sector as a profession, many people who are planning to buy cars interact with me and I usually guide them to Maruti due to the ease of ownership and transparent dealings. This experience has shaken my belief in Maruti

I request Maruti to intervene and direct the dealership (Indus Motors) to provide the car with fuel to run the car for at least 30km (which I feel is very reasonble) in future. So that no other customer is put through such a harrowing and embarrassing situation in future.

Regards,
Ramon Jose P

PS - Another issue I am having is that the Extended Warranty Documents of the car states that the validity period starts from 15th December 2015. But I had taken delivery of the vehicle only on 23rd December 2015. I request that I am issued a corrected Warranty Document.
Old 15th January 2016, 18:31   #25
Senior - BHPian

Re: Indus Motors Trivandrum - Delivers New Ertiga With Fuel Left for Barely 5km

Err.. though I feel sorry for the bad experience you had with your new car, weren't you also partly responsible for this? I mean, with low fuel in the car, there are tell tale signs like the low fuel indicator blinking, the needle being extremely low and such. A basic check of the car before starting off would have avoided this heartburn.

However, this does not absorb the showroom for ruining this experience for you. Good you involved Maruti directly, and I am sure the showroom people will come running to you now.

All the best.
dass is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2016, 18:38   #26
BHPian

Yes I know but I trusted them when they said they had put in 4 litres of fuel. As in Marutis it takes quite a bit of fuel and time for the fuel gauge to register any change. Eg. in my A Star 1000 rs worth of fuel will be registered on the gauge slowly and only around 10-15 km of driving.

Last edited by Ramon : 15th January 2016 at 18:46.
Ramon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2016, 22:12   #27
BHPian

Sad to hear your experience due to the dealership's casual attitude and a fake promise.

As dass pointed out, there are other factors also which you should have considered before taking your car out. DTE counter would have definitely shown "--" (when DTE < 50 km) and low fuel light would have been lit. If they had put in 4 liters (in addition to previous fuel left), you would be having 10+% fuel in your tank at least and I guess it would have been visible in the fuel gauge. Since it was not so, you should have considered that before setting off with family at night. You could have avoided this hassle, but no doubt that the dealership also has to be blamed for this.

There is not much that the dealer can do now though. Spread this word in FB pages and social sites so that the dealership people think twice before doing this fraud to any other customer.
swift_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2016, 12:43   #28
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Poor delivery experience with Indus Motors, Trivandrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
At the time of delivery I was informed by the delivery team that another 4 litres of petrol was filled by them. I was also given a coupon for another 4 litres of fuel. As I had a few guests at home, I decided to head home (less than 4 km from the showroom) and fill petrol later in the night.
Forget what they told you - YOU should care about your car. Service advisors are known to faff, why should we believe them?

Usually, there's only a handful of liters given to get you to the nearest petrol pump. Now, you had enough to reach home! I find it hard to believe that you couldn't spare 5 minutes in a new car delivery outing to fill up petrol. The fuel gauge was right there in front of you, and so would the 'low fuel' warning be.

Do note that, in modern cars, the fuel also acts as a lubricant & coolant for the pump. Many a fuel pump are known to fail after the car ran out of petrol. I hope that your fuel pump hasn't been damaged.

Take better care of your Ertiga, drive safe & wish you many happy kms with it .
Old 16th January 2016, 16:07   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Ertiga doesn't come with Distance to Empty display?
Old 16th January 2016, 16:19   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Ertiga doesn't come with Distance to Empty display?
Yes it does get DTE display but when DTE < 50 km, it shows "- -" (as in my Swift) and low fuel light is lit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks