Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2011, 20:35   #1
Senior - BHPian

Poor delivery experience with Indus Motors, Trivandrum

MODS: I searched for a related thread, couldn't find any. Pls move or delete if needed.

I would like to start a thread on issues/irritations during delivery of new cars. Please note that this thread is intended only for issues, and NOT for noting appreciations.

Alto Lxi, 14 August 2011 (INDUS motors, Trivandrum)
1. Odometer was disconnected when I received the car
2. Tyres were inflated to 40 psi (30 psi recommended). I had to drive back immediately to get this fixed.
3. Polythene covering of the backseat bench was missing.

A-star Automatic, 28 Apr 2011 (INDUS motors, Trivandrum)
1. Tyres were inflated to 46 psi (32 psi recommended)
2. "Suddenly a new rule from Maruti" that cars can't be delivered to the customer on the same day as of registration. I fought because earlier my Alto was delivered to me on the same day. I lost the freebies (mudflaps + floor mats) as a 'punishment' for asking the car to be delivered on the same day.
3. Unnecessary delay in sending the car for registration, claiming that 'we have not received the amount from you'. When I questioned (with proof of my bank statement for the cleared cheque), it turns out that they verify this by calling their bank, and the executive at the bank said he would have time to verify only in the evening. Had to fight to get the car sent for registration without this verification.
4. I was told that I could transfer the no claim bonus from my old car only if I get a letter in this regard BEFORE the registration. I was also told that I cannot apply for an insurance premium refund if I submit the letter late. There is no such rule, when I asked 'reliable sources'.
5. When I went to take delivery, the first sight was the 'cleaning boy' learning how to shift the automatic gear lever.
6. I see a mark at the edge of the driver side door pad, looks like someone tried to open the door pad with a screw driver.
7. The security at the door just extended his hand to me without uttering a word, I thought he was trying for a hand shake. Actually he wanted me to give him my parked car's keys.

Please add your experiences?

Last edited by jinojohnt : 4th May 2011 at 20:41.
Old 4th May 2011, 21:32   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Issues during Delivery of New car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
MODS: I searched for a related thread, couldn't find any. Pls move or delete if needed.

I would like to start a thread on issues/irritations during delivery of new cars. Please note that this thread is intended only for issues, and NOT for noting appreciations.

Alto Lxi, 14 August 2011 (INDUS motors, Trivandrum)
1. Odometer was disconnected when I received the car
2. Tyres were inflated to 40 psi (30 psi recommended). I had to drive back immediately to get this fixed.
3. Polythene covering of the backseat bench was missing.

1. Tyres were inflated to 46 psi (32 psi recommended)
2. "Suddenly a new rule from Maruti" that cars can't be delivered to the customer on the same day as of registration. I fought because earlier my Alto was delivered to me on the same day. I lost the freebies (mudflaps + floor mats) as a 'punishment' for asking the car to be delivered on the same day.
3. Unnecessary delay in sending the car for registration, claiming that 'we have not received the amount from you'. When I questioned (with proof of my bank statement for the cleared cheque), it turns out that they verify this by calling their bank, and the executive at the bank said he would have time to verify only in the evening. Had to fight to get the car sent for registration without this verification.
4. I was told that I could transfer the no claim bonus from my old car only if I get a letter in this regard BEFORE the registration. I was also told that I cannot apply for an insurance premium refund if I submit the letter late. There is no such rule, when I asked 'reliable sources'.
5. When I went to take delivery, the first sight was the 'cleaning boy' learning how to shift the automatic gear lever.
6. I see a mark at the edge of the driver side door pad, looks like someone tried to open the door pad with a screw driver.
7. The security at the door just extended his hand to me without uttering a word, I thought he was trying for a hand shake. Actually he wanted me to give him my parked car's keys.

Please add your experiences?
Hi, plssssss go through my thread and experience with the dealer from very first day of the booking the car with 10,000/-. till delivery , it is very intresting, No Claim Bonus needs only a certificate from Insurance co. to the whom so ever it may concern to give 15,20,25,30,35, Percent noclaim bonus for new car . Ihad a letter 2 yrs old with me and i got NCB on new car without hassel.
Pls go though MY SUPERIOR WHITE ALTO K10 Regards.........

Last edited by IQBAL VEERJI : 4th May 2011 at 21:36.
IQBAL VEERJI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2011, 21:57   #3
BHPian

your seems to be a one off case of arrogant dealer. I got my Estilo on Sunday evening on 100% cheque payment and no hassels what so ever

MY NHC was ready with all the accessories even before we made a single rupee payment all on phone and got everything done on same day as showroom was 250kms away and car was thru CSD canteen.
Old 5th May 2011, 10:19   #4
BHPian

Never had a single issue with Competent Motors in Delhi
I have taken 5 cars from them on seperate occassions.
Old 5th May 2011, 11:16   #5
BHPian

Common grouse - New cars are never delivered at promised times. I have had to wait for 1.5 to 3 hours at different dealerships (Maruti, Hyundai, Tata)

Other than that :

Hyundai i10 - April, 2008 (Popular Hyundai, Trivandrum)
----------------------------------------------------------
I was promised Underbody coating as freebie. They did not do it since 'they did not have time'. I finally got it done at first service.

Vista QJD - March 2011 (Mohandas Motors, Trivandrum)
-------------------------------------------------------------
They tried to shift the promised delivery date by a couple of days after registration, even though I had given express instructions to them not to do so. Finally got my car on that day itself after raising a hue and cry.
Old 5th May 2011, 19:48   #6
BHPian

Did I read it right - your first car - Alto Lxi, 14 August 2011. I presume it was 2010.

True, such experiences does make the buyer sick, especially when he/she is draining out a huge sum. Quite often, you are made to wait for delivery, in spite of a time commitment from the dealer. I got mine with different alloys than the one I had asked for - reason, the one requested / ordered by me was out of stock, so the dealer took the 'privilege' of choosing one which he liked
Old 6th May 2011, 10:02   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric View Post
Did I read it right - your first car - Alto Lxi, 14 August 2011. I presume it was 2010.
Thanks Electric for pointing out. Alto Lxi was bought on 14 Aug 2008. This was my first new car.

Dad's first new car was a 1996 Maruti800 from Popular Automobiles, Trivandrum. They somehow convinced dad that he would lose warranty if sun-film is fixed from outside. We got sunfilm from them for double price, and later learned that they also subcontract this to an outside shop.
Old 6th May 2011, 11:05   #8
Senior - BHPian

When we took the delivery of our Maruti WagonR from DD motors there were no issues whatsoever with the car. Even paperwork was done in hassle-free manner.

Experience was much better when we bought our Honda City from Ring Road Honda. We got everything what we expected from the dealerships. All free gifts and couple of requested ones were given to us on delivery.

Both cars were in perfect shape with 20-30 KM ODO reading, no scratches, and all electrical working fine. At least we were lucky to get both the cars in 100 percent shape while taking delivery of the car.
Old 6th May 2011, 11:11   #9
Senior - BHPian

The showroom guys made me wait for a sweet 3.5 hours for a PDI. I reached the showroom (with prior notice that I will do the PDI ) and then they sent a chap to the stockyard to get the car.
Old 6th May 2011, 14:55   #10
BHPian

For my Ford Fiesta bought in December 2009, the dealership gave me my smart card after 3 months waiting.

Even then the card had just my name and no address. I do not know who is at fault here( the dealer or RTO ) but I was surprised to see that such a thing could happen. I refused to take the card and then they got it rectified after another 2 months.

Same issue with the insurance papers. Again had to call them numerous times to get it solved.
Old 9th May 2011, 08:50   #11
Senior - BHPian

Re: Poor delivery experience with INDUS motors, Trivandrum

Here is another common issue with dealers:
When we went to the showroom for enquiry (when our new Maruti 800 was to be delivered to us the following day at Popular Automobiles, Trivandrum), we waited for one hour before anyone even bothered to talk to us. The lady at the reception asked us to wait at the lounge when we enquired, and we waited there for one full hour.
Old 20th May 2011, 18:22   #12
Senior - BHPian

My colleague bought a (base model) Skoda Laura last year, and he was given a car that had clocked 'un-acceptable' number of kilometers. He had contacts among higher ups in Skoda India, so he finally managed to get a new Top-End Laura as replacement. I guess he was lucky, because many new car's odometers are disconnected till they are delivered to the customer.

Last edited by jinojohnt : 20th May 2011 at 18:23.
Old 21st May 2011, 20:42   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
I lost the freebies (mudflaps + floor mats) as a 'punishment' for asking the car to be delivered on the same day.
An update - I got the mudflaps and floor mats free of cost today (personal effort of my car's sales executive, thanks to him). I had already bought the floor mats from outside anyway.
Old 24th May 2011, 09:27   #14
Senior - BHPian

I just noticed that the floor mats supplied to me by the Dealer does not include mats for the boot. Isn't this standard, or do I have to source it from outside? The floor mat set that I bought from outside also didn't have the mat for the boot.

When I bought the Alto 800 cc almost 3 years back from the same dealer, they had given me the floor mat for the boot also.
Old 24th May 2011, 17:18   #15
BHPian

I have had bought a ford and a fiat linea and (surprisingly) did not have any troubles.

The ford sales executive had informed me to be there by 13000hours and got the delivery by 1335hours (remember so clearly because the rahukaalam finishes at 1330hours on that day so we waited for that to get over)

Linea too got delivered without any hassles. Just that we had to wait for 2 hours cos they had taken it for washing just before delivery and washing had a long queue.
Again I blame it on the gods. it was a auspicious day or something.

On the same note. It is good to have connections at dealers and it is better to go through contacts. makes your life a lot easier.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks