Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2011, 20:40   #1

Terrible experience of booking a Dzire vdi from Modern Automobiles, Ambala

Hi all. after having gone through all the posts for the last close to a year , i had finally made up my mind for a dzire vdi. since i am an army officer, i had decided to buy the vehicle through CSD. I am now Starting a new thread here to share my terrible experience with Modern Automobiles, Ambala.

I had booked a Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire VDi (Diesel) on 22 Feb 2011 from Ms. Modern Automobiles, Ambala Dealer code – 1801(18) through CSD Depot Ambala. The CSD order on Sales and Dispatch Department had placed the demand for Maruti Suzuki India Pvt ltd on the same day, ie, 22 Feb 2011 CSD depot Ambala.

Initially i was in touch with a sales rep of the name of Mr Jaspal of Modern Automibiles, who had promised the delivery of the car by 15 Mar 2011.

During this period, i had some minor, but nagging queries, for which Mr Jaspal was totally unaccessible, and was not even good enough to answer my phone calls. He was totally un available. this was a total contrast to his attitude, which in the beginning before the delivery of the vehicle, was of a good dealer. finally i had to call on the land line of the agency, and took numbers of Mr Chandrasekhar and Mr sachin, who were looking after CSD sales.

The entire staff dealing with CSD sales at Modern Automobiles are totally unfriendly and do not seem to believe in customer satisfaction.From the day the firm order was placed, the attitude of the sales rep of Modern automobiles for CSD customers has drastically changed. Mr Chandrasekhar, Mr Sachin and Mr Jaspal do not seem to be present for making the process of delivery of cars simpler. The date of delivery for the car has been changed at least 10 times, and still there is no clarity on the actual date of delivery. The three of them have even stopped responding to all tele calls, and finally when cornered from a different number, make flimsy excuses about the episode.

It is of utter shame for Modern automobiles and Maruti Ltd, to have recruited such incompetent persons. It is also totally unimaginable, that once a commitment for delivery has been made on a certain day, the three of them are not in a position to honour their own words, the next day, and end up postponing the delivery.

I have already made a payment of 5.88 L by demand draft, and due to the delay in delivery, now a full three months late, and the cost of the vehicle has also gone up by close to Rs 10,000/-. and now i am also suffering this financial loss. On approaching the dealer, I was told that CSD Depot Ambala has not paid outstanding amount of approx Rs 2 Crores to the dealer, because of which they are unable to pay Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. But this issue has also been resolved by the first week of may, and now still after a full three months, the delivery has not been made.

i have even been to the dealership, which is about 350 kms from where i live, and spoken to these people, but that day psomises were made, to be broken on phone subsequently.

I would request all from the team bhp community, if u could help me out on this mess, for such a unnecessary reason.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by bblost : 21st May 2011 at 20:44. Reason: Check Post. Thanks.
Old 21st May 2011, 20:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Terrible experience of booking a dzire vdi from modern automobiles, ambala

ohh,too bad that you are facing this ordeal.
Few days ago,i had read in a newspaper,that Car purchases through CSD have been put on hold,till 30th June(i think).
Can this be a reason?
Btw I am from Ambala,let me know,if i can be of any help
Old 21st May 2011, 22:36   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

AFAIK, for the cars purchased through CSD, the payment goes directly to the manufacturers and the dealer does not get much out of the transaction, the reason why dealers are not interested in CSD bookings.
Old 21st May 2011, 23:02   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
AFAIK, for the cars purchased through CSD, the payment goes directly to the manufacturers and the dealer does not get much out of the transaction, the reason why dealers are not interested in CSD bookings.
Nope, the dealer gets the payment.The only thing is the payment is made to the CSD depot & after the car has been delivered by the dealer to the customer ,the dealer has to get the payment released from the CSD office.
Old 22nd May 2011, 07:12   #5
Senior - BHPian

@Natthu: Really sorry to hear about your ordeal.

After reading your experience. two things come to my mind.
  1. AFAIK, Swift/Dzire DDiS version has 3-6 months waiting depending upon the variant. Did the dealer tell you this. If not he has royally taken for a ride right from the word go. If you have a booking number, I would suggest contacting the MSIL local area office directly and speak to the Territory/Area Manager.
  2. Did you pay the draft to the dealer or to your CSD office for further payment to dealer. The process as per my knowledge is payment is made by the service personnel to the CSD. This money goes to CSD. CSD then makes payment to the dealer only upon the receipt of the goods. Then also the payment is made out in the name of the manufacturer directly which the dealer has to follow up to get after sufficiently greasing the wheels of bureaucracy in the process.

Because of this, the dealers are not much interested in selling cars through CSD. The process is also very complicated as is illustrated in this http://www.expressindia.com/latest-n...une-30/781419/ and http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...june-11-a.html

I hope you are not affected by this.

All the best in getting your car at the earliest.

Cheers
Old 22nd May 2011, 15:05   #6
BHPian

The CSD discounts are not given by the dealers for any items. It is the state govrenments that decide whether and how much concession on taxes such salex tax and VAT to give to items in CSD. Based on this, prices are reduced, which is why the prices vary from state to state. The dealers get their profit on the sale of the car. In fact, citing this CSD discount, the dealers refuse to extend company announced benefits and other freebies generally given. The trouble for dealers is that realisation of payments for dealers is long winded and takes considerable time. So as a result, CSD customers are put low on priority list because the dealers know you are stuck with them for delivery once you've paid the draft to CSD. They'll first serve customers who are paying the them directly. In this particular case, as milecruncher has brought out, the delivery period for diesel VDI variant is considerable. I also know of a few cases where delivery was delayed even before this payment problems to dealers surfaced this year. Check with the MSIL regional office about status of the delivery regarding the booking number given to you.
Old 22nd May 2011, 19:05   #7
BHPian

That's right.The discounted price in the CSD is on account of the various tax concessions given on behalf of the respective state Governments.The manufacturer's & the dealer's profit margin is in no way affected by this, but you will find almost all the dealers, except Maruti, not offering you any of the schemes or freebies being offered by the manufacturer.They try to portray as if they are taking a hit on their profit while selling through CSD.

@ Natthu,

Instead of paying the entire amount to the CSD depot you could have done a provisional booking by just paying 0.5 % (CSD handling charge).In this case ,after you have paid the CSD handling charge, the CSD depot issues a provisional booking order to the concerned dealer.Then you have to pay the booking amount directly to the dealer & once your car arrives ,then you can pay the rest of the amount to the CSD depot (less the 0.5 % handling charge) & get the LS order.You can get the booking amount paid earlier to the dealer adjusted against insurance or other charges.
rishab.k is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks