Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2006, 17:27   #1

Best used car dealer in Bangalore ?

Hi guys,
I'm planing to buy a second-hand car and after browsing around and taking umpteen second opinions ;-D... I have decided that an Alto suits my requirements perfectly.

I am staying in Bangalore for quite some time now, but am still relatively new to this place.
SO which are the best used car Dealers in Bangalore ?
I would appreciate it if you;d express your opinions based on personal experiences only and not by "My friend's brother-in-law's neighbor's third-cousin's boss says ....." kinda grape-vines.

A few names that pop-up in my mind are Pratham , Mandovi and Bimal.
I have just read about these in these forums itself and have got mixed reviews for both.

Old 30th January 2006, 17:34   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Try out the RNS showrooms true value department .. Have seen a few well maintained altos there for sale ..
Old 30th January 2006, 17:38   #3
BHPian

best used car dealers in mumbai

Hi guys,

was wondering on similar lines and based on your personal experiences would like you toi list down some reliable us3ed cars dealers in mumbai ...i know all of them ( including the so called manufacturer authorised ones) are crooks but lets try and list down some of the lesser known (devils) ones

~A
Old 30th January 2006, 17:47   #4
Senior - BHPian

Have bought a couple of cars for friends at Classic Automobiles at CMH Main Road, Indiranagar. Have been quite impressed on the quality of cars they deal with, however wish they would bargain a bit better
Old 31st January 2006, 14:51   #5

Quote:
however wish they would bargain a bit better
By that, do you mean that you think they were over-priced a bit ?
Old 31st January 2006, 14:56   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raseel
By that, do you mean that you think they were over-priced a bit ?
I wouldnt say over priced as the quality of cars is really good I would rather say they charged a small premium over other dealers, however they dont tend to bargain in the real sense.
Old 31st January 2006, 15:04   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho
I wouldnt say over priced as the quality of cars is really good I would rather say they charged a small premium over other dealers, however they dont tend to bargain in the real sense.
I can't really comment on the quality of the used cars sold be classic, but if you take a look around every car in the showroom looks spic and span, and almost too attractive. They do one hell of a clean up job for sure, there could be two reasons for that. Either they are covering up some serious damage to the car, or they are just cleaning it up for demanding a premium. They sell at almost the same rate as maruti true value. So i reccomend you check out the true value stores before you go to classic.
Try citizen cars on promenade road, they have a huge selection and they normally keep cars they way they get them no clean up job (or so i think).

Best bet would still be admag, and freeads.
Old 31st January 2006, 15:20   #8

uhh...hemlock, do you "PERSONALLY" know ppl who have had a good experience from freeads/admag or for that matter even from any of the true value shops....

Don't feel offended but usually hearsay is hogwash :-D
Old 31st January 2006, 15:20   #9
Senior - BHPian

Well to be frank I am not advocating going to them but I happen to have seen a lot of dealers around, and yes a well maintained car that can be driven out without any work pending on it is a great value to me over a couple of thousand that can be saved. However I also happen to have been to their workshop and have seen the cars being cleaned up before being brought to the showroom (also have seen rejected cars being sold straight from the workshop)
Old 31st January 2006, 15:32   #10
BHPian

Quote:
uhh...hemlock, do you "PERSONALLY" know ppl who have had a good experience from freeads/admag or for that matter even from any of the true value shops....

Don't feel offended but usually hearsay is hogwash :-D
Not offended at all :-) , i understand what you are saying. I have some personal experiance with admag and free ads , about a year back one of my friends got a zen off a guy who was desperate to leave for the US for 1.85L, it was a 2002 base model, which he later exchanged for 2.2 L to get a Getz. I would say that is a deal. recently i spotted a 2004 sep model palio nv sport and had fixed it for 3L, but unfortunately had to leave town for a week and it was sold by the time i got back. I had posted a thread on that a while back.
Look around and be patient, i'm sure you'll find a deal. but don't expect every ad to be a deal....

Psyco, I'm not saying thier cars are thrash, only thing is i don't trust the looks, have a reliable mechanic check them up for you.
Old 31st January 2006, 20:39   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys,
SO which are the best used car Dealers in Bangalore ?
Ha Ha, Is that a joke? Used Car Dealers are never best anywhere in the world..
Old 1st February 2006, 10:24   #12
BHPian

[SIZE=2][COLOR=#000000]As Psycho said try Classic Automobile in CMH Road you can meet Mr. Jamil he is a good friend, me and a friend of mine picked our cars from them, no problems till date. If you are interested I can put in a word for you.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Old 3rd February 2006, 15:13   #13

Ok guys, here goes nothing !!

I have decided to start hardcore car hunting from today !!

I'm gonna start off with Classic and Bimal in Indiranagar.

I have finally decided to go for a second-hand Alto over a brand new M800...

Is that a wise decision ?
Old 3rd February 2006, 15:20   #14
Team-BHP Support

I saw Classic trying a few stunts - he told a friend that he had an unregistered Qualis which was a factory reject. This factory reject had 800 km (factory is 60 km away). I went to look at it and he told me another story that that owner suddenly had to go abroad. From the headlight and bonnet, it had done much more. Loks like it was the two qualis/ one number plate taxi scheme.

Before I bought my Vtec, he had a nice second hand one over there but price was so high, I bought a new one
Old 3rd February 2006, 19:05   #15
BHPian

classic is overly priced and does not come across as a straight guy..

i find automart better than classic as, for the same price at classic you get cars with automart warranty...and they are quite transparent

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks