Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2011, 17:28   #1
BHPian

Delta Motors, Gurgaon (Tata Dealer) :Taking customers for a ride

Summary of incident:
Car: Tata Indigo CS LS, Aug 2008, 65k kms run.
Problems when sent to workshop: Routine service and Front Suspension not working.
8 may: Car submitted for repairs.
9 may: Paid Rs 15971 for complete front suspension change and routine service.
9 may: on way back to home, car starts overheating, ac tripped. Called Delta motors, technician drove till where car was stranded (7 kms from the workshop) and filled 5 ltrs water. Said now it will be ok, as there was no water in the radiator. Drove car from Gurgaon to Meerut (Hometown) with AC intermittently tripping.
10 may: Went for a 7 day trip to outstation with car parked at Meerut home. Complained to Delta motors. Advised to bring car in person for check up.
19 May: Returned to Gurgaon, submitted the car to Delta. Paid Rs 1920 on a/c of coolant, elbow and hose pipe change. Mechanic said it is regular wear and tear.
19 May: Upon taking delivery, after 5 minutes, the AC stopped working. Called Delta CC (Customer Care), no response.
20 May: On my way to office, (2 kms from my Gurgaon home), engine temperature started increasing rapidly and smoke came out. Coolant was leaking from the bonnet and was all over the place under the bonnet. Called Delta CC. Representative came with a can containing 5 ltr water and drove the car to workshop. Service engineer said that radiator has leaked and I need to pay Rs 6000 more as it is an accidental case. I was furious and asked why this problem rose in the first place, to which he said I might have rammed the vehicle somewhere. I threatened to complain as on 8th may the vehicle was picked up by Delta representative only from my home. They agreed to look in to the problem.
It is to be noted that the approach road (100 meters) to Delta workshop is a ideal track to practice TT biking! I sensed that the Delta driver might have damaged the underside while he brought the vehicle from my home to the workshop. Not too much sure what they have done to my car.
21 may: Documented the incident, mailed to TATA Customer care.
24 May: Got a reply from TATA CC, that the issue would be resolved and is under supervision of Mr. Vinod Rahar, Customer support manager, Gurgaon.
25 May: Vehicle was repaired. No positive response from Delta CC, or TATA CC. Paid Rs. 2192. Radiator was repaired locally. I didn't signed the satisfaction note. Asked for a test drive. It wasn't offered as service engineers were not available.
25 May: Upon reaching home, following were my obeservations:
- Front mudguard - fender cover(LHS) was missing.
- The interiors were dirty with grease marks all around.
- Suspension was squeaking and not working properly (After spending 15k)
- Very heavy jerking on acclerating the car (New problem developed, previously it wasn't there).
- Lot of rattling noise from bonnet.
- The entire car was shaking heavily upon starting.
- Heavy clutch operation. (Not rectified - the clutch was smooth before service).
- Very dirty exterior with grease marks all around.
25 May: Again complained in writing to TATA Motors CC.
25 May: Got a reply from Delta representative full of rude statements and false allegations that I am myself responsible for car's condition and they will not be responsible for any problems that will crop up in future related to recent repairs.
25 May: Wrote back a strong worded reply to Tata and Delta highlighting the completely unacceptable behavior of Delta rep.
26 May: Got a call from Delta. The rep apologized and assured to rectify the issues.
26 May: Got a call from the service engineer. He said he is helpless and trying to ascertain what best he can do.
28 May: Sent a reminder mail to all concerned again. (Tata CC, Delta CC, AM-Corporate Communications TATA)No response from anyone.
31 May: Sent a reminder mail to all concerned again.(Tata CC, Delta CC, AM-Corporate Communications TATA) No response from anyone till date.
1 June: Tried calling up dealership. No response.

I request fellow members to help me advising what course of action shall I take. One thing I've pledged is NEVER to buy any Tata vehicle as this is not the first time I faced a problem with TATA CC. I've shared the experience with family, friends and colleagues and ensured no one buys a TATA vehicle. Even after spending 20k my car is worse than before and no one at Tata is bothered. Rather than using the slogan 'We care', Tata must change it to 'We Cheat'.

Please help/advise/guide me on the issue.
Old 14th June 2011, 18:18   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Motors - Delta Vehicle Support,Gurgaon:Taking customers for a ride, Please h

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumargandharva View Post
Summary of incident:
Car: Tata Indigo CS LS, Aug 2008, 65k kms run.
Problems when sent to workshop: Routine service and Front Suspension not working.
8 may: Car submitted for repairs.
9 may: Paid Rs 15971 for complete front suspension change and routine service.
9 may: on way back to home, car starts overheating, ac tripped. Called Delta motors, technician drove till where car was stranded (7 kms from the workshop) and filled 5 ltrs water. Said now it will be ok, as there was no water in the radiator. Drove car from Gurgaon to Meerut (Hometown) with AC intermittently tripping.
10 may: Went for a 7 day trip to outstation with car parked at Meerut home. Complained to Delta motors. Advised to bring car in person for check up.
19 May: Returned to Gurgaon, submitted the car to Delta. Paid Rs 1920 on a/c of coolant, elbow and hose pipe change. Mechanic said it is regular wear and tear.
19 May: Upon taking delivery, after 5 minutes, the AC stopped working. Called Delta CC (Customer Care), no response.

Keep all your receipts etc. and when they apologise - ask them to apologise in writing.

Once you have enough documentation file in the consumer court and send a copy to Tata Motors corporate and threaten to go to press.

I'm pretty sure they will wake up.

Last edited by GTO : 1st August 2011 at 11:38. Reason: No need to quote the entire long message, ruins readability for other users. Thanks
vina is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2011, 18:54   #3
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors - Delta Vehicle Support,Gurgaon:Taking customers for a ride, Please h

Another case of extremely arrogant & callous attitude of the staff at the dealership. But, even more shocking is the time taken by the Customer Care at Tata Motors. They should have resolved the issue at the earliest. Also get hold of the GM at Delta, and see if he is of any help.
ScorpMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2011, 18:56   #4
Senior - BHPian

This is unfair what you have gone through. The car sounds like a complete mess !!

I truly feel the company has messed up your car big time. You need to start sending emails to all the car magazine helplines and also top TATA officials.

Just go to the dealership and tell them politely that this is the last visit and from now on you will spend a lot of time in getting this issue as high as possible.

In the meanwhile get your car repaired / checked up at another rival dealer.

Always Remember - you will get the sweetest treatment from a rival car dealer.
vkochar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2011, 19:12   #5
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear about your turmoils with the Tata Dealer. I would advise to keep the communications proofs and hire a good lawyer and send the notice to the dealer with all the communication proofs. Mail one copy to the GM, Regional Tata motors office also. I feel this will start the ball rolling. Once the dealer agrees to fix things (if he does) get it in writing.

Hope you are lucky and get the car in a good shape.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2011, 19:25   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Please help/advise/guide me on the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
Keep all your receipts etc. and when they apologise - ask them to apologise in writing.

Once you have enough documentation file in the consumer court and send a copy to Tata Motors corporate and threaten to go to press.

I'm pretty sure they will wake up.

One thing I forgot to mention - in case they refuse to write some promises down - record them. Even the cheapest of phones these days come with recording facility.

If you want to be completely by the book ask the conversation by first telling who you are, next asking for whom you are talking to (name and designation) and then the full conversation.

While these may not be admissible in court as primary evidence, they are admissible as circumstantial and supplemental evidence and of course the media doesn't care about the legalese.

The act of starting to record a face-to-face meeting will be enough to signal to them that your are serious.
vina is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2011, 21:32   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
Another case of extremely arrogant & callous attitude of the staff at the dealership. But, even more shocking is the time taken by the Customer Care at Tata Motors. They should have resolved the issue at the earliest. Also get hold of the GM at Delta, and see if he is of any help.
The GM of Delta (Mr. Hemant Nigam) is in loop through mail. He didn't care to respond through phone or mail till now.

Can someone provide me with email ids of top tata officials and car magazines?

I mentioned about taking legal actions in case concern is not resolved, and the mail was marked to am@tatamotors.com. (Corporate communications department). Firstly I received a reply (By Mr. Arup Mukherjee - AGM- Corp Communication) that the issue has been shared with customer care team) Upon sending a reminder, there was an auto reply that he is on vacation and will get in touch once back. Now no response since June 1.

I have all the receipts and copies of e-mails as proofs.
Old 15th June 2011, 13:46   #8
BHPian

As far as I know, Car magazines will only help if you are their regular subscriber.
Old 15th June 2011, 14:03   #9
Team-BHP Support

As per your rights as a consumer, you are entitled to 1 year warranty on any spares fitted at company workshop. So if anything is going bad again and again, get your service history out and insist it being done for free. Things like break pads are not included(wear and tear)
Old 15th June 2011, 15:47   #10
BHPian

Following is the mailer that i sent today to GM - Delta Vehicle, Customer Care Tata Motors, Cust Care Mgr - Tata Motors Gurgaon, AGM - Corporate Communications

Dear Sir,

This is to let you know that all problems highlighted and faced by me have been unresolved till date. This is my last communication to you in anticipation of resolution of all problems. In case they can't be resolved, I seek a full refund.
I've collected all receipts as documentary proofs and have all e-mailers depicting zero communication from Tata Motors. In case my concerns are not resolved in the next 48 hours, I ll do what it takes to get my car in proper condition through filing the case in consumer court and going to press.

Kindly acknowledge the communication at the earliest.

Regards

Kumar

Further,

I have spoken with Mr. Malkundya Reddy (Sr CCA) on TATA Motors helpline and registered the complaint (Complaint Number) : 1-12767773685. He has promised to revert with a solution in the next 48 hours.

Please advice further.
Old 16th June 2011, 22:48   #11
BHPian

Welcome to the world of TATA service. We have a fiat Palio that's been lying at Concorde motors for nearly a month now. When we first gave it for overheating problems they messed up the fuel gauge which doesn't work now, twisted the gear lever by 45 degrees, ac doesn't work and steering alignment has gone haywire.

We told them we wouldn't pay for all these repairs but they were least bothered. I'm thinking of barging in and taking the vehicle out. Will start a detailed thread here is the vehicle has been further messed up

The treatment you've received seems horrible. Don't hesitate to go to the press. TATA dealers (certain dealers) need to pull up their socks hard. They cannot take our time and money for granted.
Old 17th June 2011, 12:28   #12
BHPian

48 hours are about to pass. No response yet from Delta or TATA CC. No acknowledgement of communication yet.
Should I hire a lawyer. It is simply astonishing (No response)
Old 17th June 2011, 14:58   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
48 hours are about to pass. No response yet from Delta or TATA CC. No acknowledgement of communication yet.
Should I hire a lawyer. It is simply astonishing (No response)

If this new guy gave you a contact number call him up. Otherwise just call the same number up and ask about what happened with the complaint number.

I wouldn't tell you to hire a lawyer right now (though consulting one wouldn't hurt) - get your documentation done first in a bullet proof manner.

Also keep recording all calls made.
Old 17th June 2011, 15:58   #14
BHPian

Delta Motors are known for this type of goof up. When I was living in Gurgaon, was using Dhingra motors and switched to Delta when they setup their new workshop in Udyog Vihar (Earlier they had workshop somewhere close to Gurgaon-Delhi Border). Had my indica serviced couple of times and everytime I felt that they charge absurd amount of money for the jobs which were not required on my car. Fortunately I got a job in Noida and there I saw another TASS Shah Motors. Gave my car for 10k km service and was completely satisfied with the results. I have been using Shah Motors since then, its been now 5 years and happy customer so far though sometimes they also feel some push to make things work.
Didn't you get a call from Tata Customer Care after car was serviced and returned to you? I think they take quick actions to resolve all pending issues as per customer satisfaction.
Old 17th June 2011, 22:31   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
Delta Motors are known for this type of goof up. When I was living in Gurgaon, was using Dhingra motors and switched to Delta when they setup their new workshop in Udyog Vihar (Earlier they had workshop somewhere close to Gurgaon-Delhi Border). Had my indica serviced couple of times and everytime I felt that they charge absurd amount of money for the jobs which were not required on my car. Fortunately I got a job in Noida and there I saw another TASS Shah Motors. Gave my car for 10k km service and was completely satisfied with the results. I have been using Shah Motors since then, its been now 5 years and happy customer so far though sometimes they also feel some push to make things work.
Didn't you get a call from Tata Customer Care after car was serviced and returned to you? I think they take quick actions to resolve all pending issues as per customer satisfaction.
I didn't got any call. Infact I gave a very negative feedback on the satisfaction note but that didn't rang any bell.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks