Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2011, 15:49   #1
BHPian

Uttam Toyota and Toyota India - Forgets Quality and Service !

This is my story with Toyota India.

I bought my Toyota Fortuner on 18th December 2009. Same day also bought Toyota Innova.

Fortuner surprised me with a noisy engine and shaking gear levers. I was told it's because of the higher engine capacity. I bought the rationale and prodded on.

I was living my dream till one day in morning I drove the vehicle since my driver was absent. I felt the gear shifting to second gear was hard. This was after 29000 kms or so.

I sent it twice to UTTAM TOYOTA both times they returned the vehicle saying it's fine. In one case they bleed the gear oil and said it would solve the issue.

Then I had to call them at my place as the problem was sporadic. Happening most of the times in early morning. This time people from UTTAM TOYOTA came and they experienced the problem. They took my vehicle to dealership again. They called me and said by changing clutch the problem would go away. In 30,000 kms Clutch change came as surprise but then not wanting any issues with my vehicle I agreed and gave permission to change the clutch.

Then learning from few experiences on teambhp I started to write them emails, so as to get proper reply from them...

Now onwards I would just copy and paste my emails so that anyone's decision in not biased on what I am writing.

First email:

Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 21:42:44 +0530
To: <voc@toyota-kirloskar.co.in>
Conversation: Faulty gear change of Toyota Fortuner.
Subject: Faulty gear change of Toyota Fortuner.

Dear Sir

1st & 2nd gear of my TOYOTA FORTUNER do not slot in properly. This problem started after about 30,000kms. After numerous visits to dealership, they simply changed the clutch. Still the problem is not gone.

Personally from my experience clutch was not the reason. The people are incompetent. I guess they changed the clutch so that dealership could make some money.

They told me they would get somebody from Toyota to have a look at my vehicle, the final date given was 2nd March, but till now no action has been taken, and I cannot afford to have my vehicle standing at the dealership for their experiments.

This was my third TOYOTA, but seems it might just become a last.

Please either get it right or give me an explanation so as why this is happening. Other wise I will have to ask it on the website like &*^%.com which is only 4wd exclusive forum .

My Vehicle number is DL 7C*&^*.

Best Regards

Rahul
******************** MAil 2 ****************

Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 16:02:41 +0530
Conversation: Faulty gear change of Toyota Fortuner. ** Query regarding unwanted Clutch replacement**
Subject: Re: Faulty gear change of Toyota Fortuner. ** Query regarding unwanted Clutch replacement**

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for prompt action.

Uttam Toyota did get my vehicle and changed gears in my vehicle. It is now comparatively very smooth. There are still instances of gear shift hard in second gear but have been told by them, after few hundred kilometers of Run-in it should get OK.

Now my second problem

Why the clutch was replaced in my vehicle?

To Sort out the problem as I have mentioned earlier they had changed the clutch. There was no loss of pick up or smoke or any other tell tale signs of Clutch being gone. This I discussed even with Mr. Shiva of Uttam Toyota.

WHY they had to experiment on my car, and I had to pay just for their experiments and faulty diagnosis and analysis of the problem.

Why I should pay for incompetency of people from Toyota dealership or untrained Toyota Mechanics.

Do LET me know what should be the solution for this.

Best Regards

Rahul Roy

****** MAIL 3 is REMINDER*******

Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2011 15:24:21 +0530
Conversation: Faulty gear change of Toyota Fortuner. ** Query regarding unwanted Clutch replacement**
Subject: Re: Faulty gear change of Toyota Fortuner. ** Query regarding unwanted Clutch replacement**

**Reminder 1**

On 4/1/11 4:02 PM, "Rahul Roy" <rroy@averyps.com> wrote:

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for prompt action.

Uttam Toyota did get my vehicle and changed gears in my vehicle. It is now comparatively very smooth. There are still instances of gear shift hard in second gear but have been told by them, after few hundred kilometers of Run-in it should get OK.

Now my second problem

Why the clutch was replaced in my vehicle?

To Sort out the problem as I have mentioned earlier they had changed the clutch. There was no loss of pick up or smoke or any other tell tale signs of Clutch being gone. This I discussed even with Mr. Shiva of Uttam Toyota.
WHY they had to experiment on my car, and I had to pay just for their experiments and faulty diagnosis and analysis of the problem.
Why I should pay for incompetency of people from Toyota dealership or untrained Toyota Mechanics.
Do LET me know what should be the solution for this.

Best Regards

Rahul Roy

People from UTTAM TOYOTA then visited me and they agreed their analysis was wrong. I sent them an email again...

***MAIL 4 **********

Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2011 11:29:14 +0530
To: Uttam CR Delhi <cr_delhi@uttamtoyota.net>
Cc: <sahibabbad_cs@uttamtoyota.net>
Conversation: Our meeting regarding Toyota Fortuner
Subject: Our meeting regarding Toyota Fortuner

Dear Ms. Punita,

I would like to thank you, Mr. Sunil and Mr. Kapil to take out time for meeting and discussion regarding clutch replacement of my car.

As discussed I am pleased to know that you have agreed to my reasoning and rationale regarding the same.

I looking forward to your appropriate action and email by tomorrow as stated by you.

Best Regards

Rahul Roy

************** Another mail when the mechanic they promised did not come**********

Forwarded Message
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2011 11:42:47 +0530
Cc: <gzb@uttamtoyota.net>, Rahul Roy <rroy@4wd4all.com>
Subject: FW: Faulty gear change of Toyota Fortuner.

Dear Sirs,

I feel no longer you guys would remain dear to me!!

After 4 visits to Uttam Toyota Ghaziabad and Sahibabad – there is no improvement in my vehicle. It seems as if a lemon vehicle has been handed over to me. During this period vehicle had been away from me for a period of week, and I had to face problems because of non-availability of my vehicle.

I was called and promised that yesterday the mecahnic would come to inspect my car again but then they never came. What is the use of your customer representative calling up and not getting things done from service end.

IT SEEMS TO ME that you guys are passing time , and KMS on the vehicle so that it comes out of warranty issues.

KINDLY let me know and better still give me a final date by which the problem would be resolved or I will need to go to press/court/websites. I have been facing severe mental stress and physical agony because of this.

Best Regards

Rahul

------ Forwarded Message
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 21:42:44 +0530
Subject: Faulty gear change of Toyota Fortuner.

Dear Sir

1st & 2nd gear of my TOYOTA FORTUNER do not slot in properly. This problem started after about 30,000kms. After numerous visits to dealership, they simply changed the clutch. Still the problem is not gone.

Personally from my experience clutch was not the reason. The people are incompetent. I guess they changed the clutch so that dealership could make some money.

They told me they would get somebody from Toyota to have a look at my vehicle, the final date given was 2nd March, but till now no action has been taken, and I cannot afford to have my vehicle standing at the dealership for their experiments.

This was my third TOYOTA, but seems it might just become a last.

Please either get it right or give me an explanation so as why this is happening. Other wise I will have to ask it on the website like $@#$^&.com which is only 4wd exclusive forum .

My Vehicle number is **^^^&&.

Best Regards

Rahul

*****MAIL received on April 9th 2011 and the reply*******

------ Forwarded Message
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2011 19:55:28 +0530
Cc: "sahibabbad_cs@uttamtoyota.net" <sahibabbad_cs@uttamtoyota.net>, voc <voc@tkm.co.in>, cr_gzb <cr_gzb@uttamtoyota.net>, HCS <cs_uttam@uttamtoyota.net>
Subject: Re: Our meeting regarding Toyota Fortuner

Dear Punita,

Regarding Clutch – you all agreed the analysis of the problem was incorrect.
Regarding sending the vehicle after 17th April – I would like to get the matter resolved ASAP.

I have bought the vehicle, and paid my HARD-EARNED money to enjoy it, not to keep it in the Garage or with your “ESTEEMED ?” workshop. Already for this issue the vehicle has been to your work-shop for four times, where as in one case it was with you people for a week.

I am really concerned with TOYOTA and your service station standards. I just hope this issue resolves as soon as possible, before the frustration in me comes out.

Best Regards

Rahul Roy

On 4/9/11 6:56 PM, "Uttam CR Delhi" <cr_delhi@uttamtoyota.net> wrote:

Dear Mr. Rahul,

Good Evening ! this is in reference with your mail & our meeting regarding your Toyota Fortuner. We regret for the inconvenience caused to you.

We understand that you have two concerns presently. One is related to clutch replacement & second is related to Gear Shifting. As per our internal discussion we would like to inform you that to resolve Gear shifting concern we need to inspect the vehicle thoroughly . Afterwards we will take guidance from Toyota. We would request you to please send the vehicle to our Ghaziabad workshop in 3rd Week of April i.e. after 17th April,2011.

Beside this we request you to please send the old clutch part to our workshop with the vehicle so that we can also resolve your concern related to clutch replacement.

Please feel free to contact for any further queries.

Sincere Regards,
Punita Gupta
Head-Customer Relations

Customer Relations Department
Uttam Toyota
Delhi & Noida
Mobile : 9810252100
Landlines:011-43076006, 011-43076010

*****MAIL sent on 13th April after no response*********

Forwarded Message
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 12:19:06 +0530
To: Uttam CR Delhi <cr_delhi@uttamtoyota.net>, <voc@toyota-kirloskar.co.in>
Cc: "sahibabad_cs@uttamtoyota.net" <sahibabad_cs@uttamtoyota.net>, voc <voc@tkm.co.in>, cr_gzb <cr_gzb@uttamtoyota.net>, HCS <cs_uttam@uttamtoyota.net>, <voc@toyota-kirloskar.co.in>,
Conversation: Our meeting regarding Toyota Fortuner **no Response even after 4 days**
Subject: Re: Our meeting regarding Toyota Fortuner **no Response even after 4 days**

Dear Team Uttam TOYOTA

I do appreciate your follow-up but then no response on my emails goes on to PROVE

1. Your follow up with me , is your job for JD POWER survey to fulfill your SOP and not for solving my Complaints regarding vehicle purchased and serviced by UTTAM TOYOTA.

The dealership also forgot the first time right principle.

2. Dealership* makes money by charging customers due to incompetency level of your manpower* working in dealership. It is common sense that if clutch is defective all gears should have shifting problem, why only 2nd gear*

This commonsense was not thought by anyone just highlighting the incompetency level of your technical officials of the dealership.

As far as I know technically , the more number of times the nut bolts are opened the pitch of the threads get elongated and I am afraid, this will result at a later stage for assemblies getting loose of my vehicle .

3. Since it has come from your workshop I am experiencing a whistling noise while driving in 3rd gear and the steering wheel is not centered. I have told this problem to Ms. Punita and Mr. Sunil when they visited my office.

My Plans to travel to Bihar during first week of May and then to Leh by first week of June seem to be in Jeopardy because of sale of this problematic vehicle to me.

Please get this resolved quickly before I put my problem up in various auto-forums like (Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Portal, 4wd4all - Home, New Cars, Used Cars, Car Prices, Reviews & Photos in India - CarWale, Facebook etc.) and auto magazines. As well I would paint my vehicle about the woes and treatment at hands of Toyota and park it in front of dealership.

Last you can give me the telephone number and mail id of TOYOTA MD , and Mr Sandip Singh Abbi so that i can also highlight him the* type of dealership TOYOTA operates in India, and also escalate it to TOYOTA MOTOR CORPORATION JAPAN,

No thanks

Rahul Roy

This email was also forwarded to <toyota-ecogrant@mri.co.jp>.

Also added the following point to the above email, in another email and picture attached to the email is attached here as well.
Old 25th June 2011, 15:54   #2
BHPian

re: Uttam Toyota and Toyota India - Forgets Quality and Service !

---- Forwarded Message
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 12:37:26 +0530
Cc: "sahibabad_cs@uttamtoyota.net" <sahibabad_cs@uttamtoyota.net>, voc <voc@tkm.co.in>, cr_gzb <cr_gzb@uttamtoyota.net>, HCS <cs_uttam@uttamtoyota.net>, Rahul Roy <rroy@4wd4all.com>
Conversation: Our meeting regarding Toyota Fortuner **no Response even after 4 days**
Subject: Re: Our meeting regarding Toyota Fortuner **no Response even after 4 days**

Hi

I would also like to add one more point, my tire went kaput while driving on National highway. Even my friends Fortuner tire burst 4 months back. I am attaching a picture of the same, please do let me know where to get the tire checked.

Uttam Toyota and Toyota India - Forgets Quality and Service !-cut.jpg

Tool provided by Toyota to get down the spare wheel is very shoddy, and the threads are already gone. Why this kind of low quality tools have been provided with vehicle priced and positioned in luxury segment?

Regards
Rahul

------ Forwarded Message
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 19:18:04 +0530
Cc: "sahibabad_cs@uttamtoyota.net" <sahibabad_cs@uttamtoyota.net>, voc <voc@tkm.co.in>, cr_gzb <cr_gzb@uttamtoyota.net>, HCS <cs_uttam@uttamtoyota.net>,

Dear Team TOYOTA & Uttam Toyota,

I appreciate time taken out by Mr. Ishteyaque Ahmed and visiting me with test drive vehicle to compare.

I was told that steering alignment which had been reported after the vehicle was back from Uttam Toyota had been corrected. To my and Mr. Ahmed’s horror that has not been done. Mr. Ahmed had to take my car next day to get it rectified and he came personally. I again appreciate that, but then why it was not done when we were told. I thank god that Ahmed sir was there and he agreed to the mistake by Uttam toyota workmanship.

Uttam Toyota and Toyota India - Forgets Quality and Service !-steering.jpg

I do appreciate but trust me I got lot of other works to do with my vehicle than just sending it back to workshop. It hinders my work and yes it is costly!

Who is going to compensate me?

The gear problem still remains. The good part is it has become random like when I first complained. The problem is usually seen in the morning. Today morning when I was driving it, the problem was still there. Also I would request all analysis, work done and reasoning be provided to me via email or writing ONLY.

PLEASE understand that I have great respect for Toyota and anybody involved with it. Otherwise this email would have been cc to all auto magazine editors, but it’s for now. I do not think it would be possible for me not to complain if if this nagging issue is not resolved. Had I not had long and old relationship, and respect for Mr. Ishteyaque Ahmed, this communication would have been shared with the world.

I am also surprised HOW and WHY Toyota India is sitting silent on this issue.
Have not heard anything regarding the clutch change as well.

I hope the Management wakes up does something more than lip service.

Best Regards

Rahul

**********Another mail after 7 days***********

------ Forwarded Message
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 19:46:23 +0530
Cc: "sahibabad_cs@uttamtoyota.net" <sahibabad_cs@uttamtoyota.net>, voc <voc@tkm.co.in>, cr_gzb <cr_gzb@uttamtoyota.net>, HCS <cs_uttam@uttamtoyota.net>, <kalpit.sisodia@tkm.co.in>

Dear Sir,

Thank you for the invoice no. GZ01A-TAX11-05352.

I regret to inform to you that points we discussed on technical parameters have not been resolved and pending. In addition I find gear lever having massive vibration on take off, just on slight bump and on uneven road.

The clutch Pedal effort is very high appears as if I am pressing clutch pedal of a truck.

As explained and informed during our visit while dropping the vehicle to you workshop yesterday about the vibration, harshness felt in the middle seats of the vehicle, perhaps from the drive line is very high in the speed range of 50- 70 KMPH.

We could not drive the vehicle at the higher speed due to heavy traffic congestion, I am sure the vehicle in normal use would be driven by anyone in this range and the driveline vibration is intolerable.

I have another vehicle TOYOTA INNOVA, bought on same date from same dealer as Fortuner, which is comparably better than FORTUNER which is at double the cost of INNOVA.

At the time of delivery of vehicle to Workshop we have also informed about the tire defects observed by us, creating a apprehension about the safety and I am afraid I cannot drive my vehicle with these tires which may burst anytime resulting in any type of damage. All the sub sequential result will be to the account of TOYOTA MOTOR CORPORATION.

Uttam Toyota and Toyota India - Forgets Quality and Service !-tire.jpg

Attaching here with the photographs of the tire defects observed and tomorrow morning will send the video of the gear box lever’s vibration while driving the vehicle.

Also nobody has replied yet to any of my emails about the actual actions taken to resolve my concerns about vehicle having manufacturing defect.

No Regards
Rahul

Many points were in BOLD, and increased font size, but as formatting is not allowed over here, have removed the formatting.
Old 25th June 2011, 15:58   #3
BHPian

***Misery continues****

------ Forwarded Message
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 15:29:36 +0530
Cc: "sahibabad_cs@uttamtoyota.net" <sahibabad_cs@uttamtoyota.net>, voc <voc@tkm.co.in>, cr_gzb <cr_gzb@uttamtoyota.net>, HCS <cs_uttam@uttamtoyota.net>, <kalpit.shishodia@tkm.co.in>

HI

PLEASE find attached the invoice.

Uttam Toyota and Toyota India - Forgets Quality and Service !-toyota-bill.jpg

I was amazed to see to how the gear issue was resolved by testing, correcting and then final inspection drive was completed within one KM of drive. Please check the PDF attached and the marking of the in and out KM readings.

Also the tires are damaged that even we knew and have complained. Please check the comment of engineer in red rectangle box in PDF, where it says stepny found damaged. This any body would know. Why we referred to you was for the diagnosis.

It feels as if I am just hitting my head against a WALL.

Thanks for all your efforts. Guess I need to make my friends aware about this service so that they are spared of TOYOTA callousness in FORTUNER.

Rahul

PS: I have owned Toyota Corolla H4, automatic – driven for 135,000 kms, Also own Innova. All these 5 years Never had a problem in vehicle or service. Guess there is something wrong in FORTUNER vehicle and dealers have been told to sugar coat and pacify hapless customers who get a crap piece even after paying for a luxury segment vehicle.

*****AT LAST REPLY*******

------ Forwarded Message
Reply-To: Uttam CR Delhi <cr_delhi@uttamtoyota.net>
Date: 4 May 2011 12:02:44 -0000
To: Rahul Roy
Cc: avp_service <avp_service@uttamtoyota.net>, voc <voc@tkm.co.in>, sahibabad_cs <sahibabad_cs@uttamtoyota.net>, HCS <cs_uttam@uttamtoyota.net>, vivek_rajput <vivek_rajput@tkm.co.in>, prashantraju <prashantraju@tkm.co.in>
Subject: Regarding your Toyota Fortuner

Dear Mr.Rahul,

Greetings for the day! This is in reference with your feedback related to your Toyota Fortuner. As per your discussion with Mr.Ishteyaque Ahmad enclosed please find the copy of the written communication in the attached file.

Uttam Toyota and Toyota India - Forgets Quality and Service !-toy_lettermr.rahul.jpg

We are sending you the hard copy through courier today. This is for your necessary information & please feel free to contact undersigned at 9810252100.

Sincere Regards,
Punita Gupta
Head-Customer Relations

Customer Relations Department
Uttam Toyota
Delhi & Noida
Mobile : 9810252100
Landlines:011-43076006, 011-43076010
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Toyota bill.pdf (1.69 MB, 828 views)
Old 25th June 2011, 16:04   #4
BHPian

******REPLY********

------ Forwarded Message
Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 19:00:25 +0530
Cc: avp_service <avp_service@uttamtoyota.net>, voc <voc@tkm.co.in>, sahibabad_cs <sahibabad_cs@uttamtoyota.net>, HCS <cs_uttam@uttamtoyota.net>, vivek_rajput <vivek_rajput@tkm.co.in>, prashantraju <prashantraju@tkm.co.in>,
Conversation: Regarding your Toyota Fortuner
Subject: Re: Regarding your Toyota Fortuner

CLAPPS for you Ms. Punita. Next time I feel I NEED TO RECORD VOICE AND VIDEO the conversations, you even forgot yours, where you and your GM Agreed that the resolution and analysis was wrong from your end.

I wish I was having enough internet coverage and place where I could have given you a proper reply. Unfortunately since I am travelling Would not be able to reply back to all points regarding clutch .... Please check after my name the emails I have sent, and how come you are replying so late...!!!

This shows your bad and malicious intentions from beginning itself.

Mr. Shiva agreed, YOU and Mr. SUNIL agreed, Mr. Ahmad agreed that analysis was done wrong. MY point is that. I ASKED you and Mr. SUNIL to Give your REASONS to ME on same day on WRITING why you did not do that ... SHOWS you were waiting for the matter to die its NATURAL DEATH.

Regarding the meeting with Mr. Ahmad – I maintained with him, and MAINTAINING again I am not happy with Vehicle.

FYI – he had to come next day because UTTAM TOYOTA had not completed the work. You should have seen the changes in his face and his confidence when he himself saw the work not done – which as per him he had also instructed to his team.

GOD BLESS Toyota Kirloskar with UTTAM TOYOTA.

I guess now the time has come when we should be discussing this on PUBLIC FORUMS rather than one to one, which we should start once I am back from my village on 10th MAY.

NO THANKS

Rahul

PS: Mr. Vivek as well know about me being out station I guess, I got call from him yesterday while crossing Benaras. Mr. Vivek thanks for taking the dealership to the task.

I called up Toyota Bangalore and then Mr. Vivek from Toyota Gurgaon got in touch with me. Guess he moved some strings and got an email from UTTAM Toyota.

*******Another email from Toyota and reply********

----- Forwarded Message
Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 14:11:42 +0530
Cc: cs_uttam <cs_uttam@uttatoyota.net>, avp_service <avp_service@uttamtoyota.net>, cr_gzb <cr_gzb@uttamtoyota.net>, vivek_rajput <vivek_rajput@tkm.co.in>, voc <voc@tkm.co.in>
Conversation: Regarding your Toyota Fortuner
Subject: Re: Regarding your Toyota Fortuner

Dear Punita,

As already my vehicle has been six times to your workshop, I don’t think I am comfortable with sending my vehicle to your dealership. Especially with recent happenings where you guys contradicted your own statements and wording, which leads me to think your team is taking things other way to protect showing of your incompetency.

Again for example if the gear changes were the solution as per your “Technical team” why clutch was changed, learning by experience – huh, at your customer expense.

I would be requesting Toyota people to either inspect the car at my premises or at some other dealership, where I don’t feel being cheated.

Regards
Rahul

On 5/18/11 3:37 PM, "Uttam CR Delhi" <cr_delhi@uttamtoyota.net> wrote:

Dear Mr.Rahul,

Good afternoon! This is in reference with our telephonic discussion yesterday regarding your Toyota Fortuner.

As informed you that we would like to re-inspect your vehicle on Monday 23rd May,2011 but we understand that you are out of station for sometime & will inform us once you are back.

We request you to please confirm us your vehicle availability on 23rd May, 2011 once you are back in the town.

Sincere Regards,
Punita Gupta
Head-Customer Relations

--

Mr. Vivek called me up and said since all details and history is with UTTAM Toyota, it would be better if they take the vehicle there. I agreed and he came with Mr. Kaushik, - a mechanic/engineer from Toyota.

I showed them all the problems and even the gear being stuck. AT this point Mr. Kaushik agrees.

My vehicle goes back to Uttam Toyota with Toyota Engineers, and fortunately they were with me when I showed them Uttam Toyota Findings, which I again put up in email.

------ Forwarded Message
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 18:39:24 +0530
To: Uttam CR Delhi <cr_delhi@uttamtoyota.net>, vivek_rajput <vivek_rajput@tkm.co.in>
Cc: cs_uttam <cs_uttam@uttatoyota.net>, avp_service <avp_service@uttamtoyota.net>, cr_gzb <cr_gzb@uttamtoyota.net>, voc <voc@tkm.co.in>
Conversation: Regarding your Toyota Fortuner **27 May 2011**
Subject: Re: Regarding your Toyota Fortuner **27 May 2011**

Dear Vivek,

Please find attached today’s receipt from UTTAM TOYOTA.

Uttam Toyota and Toyota India - Forgets Quality and Service !-toyoreceipt-27-may-2011.jpg

As usual they have again proved they are not doing complete check before providing with their comments and work, and bringing down the name and policies of TOYOTA. I hope Toyota does something to improve the dealership and work attitude of the same.

The comments are marked and signed by you.

A never used stepny has been declared as damaged by them.

Gear has not been found hard which you have seen was hard during the test drive.

Please check on the working and ethics of UTTAM TOYOTA.

Regards

Rahul

******** NO response from TOYOTA ******

------ Forwarded Message
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 12:53:53 +0530
To: Uttam CR Delhi <cr_delhi@uttamtoyota.net>, vivek_rajput <vivek_rajput@tkm.co.in>
Cc: cs_uttam <cs_uttam@uttamtoyota.net>, avp_service <avp_service@uttamtoyota.net>, cr_gzb <cr_gzb@uttamtoyota.net>, voc <voc@tkm.co.in>
Conversation: Regarding your Toyota Fortuner **27 May 2011**
Subject: Re: Regarding your Toyota Fortuner **27 May 2011**

Dear Vivek,

Please let me know your findings and FUTURE action so that I can take steps from my side.

I guess 3-4 months time is AMPLE ENOUGH to solve any issue.

Thanks

Rahul

TIll date, have not heard anything from TOYOTA - Any help or reasoning would be appreciated.

BTW the response given by Mr. Vivek and Mr. Kaushik was that 2nd gear placement is hard because of the neutral finder. But my logic is if placement has to be hard it has to be hard all time. The situation has to remain constant.

ALSO if there was no problem seen by them in this kind of changing the gears then:

1. CLUTCH Replacement was WRONG.
2. Changing of SYNCRO, 2nd GEAR and REVERSE GEAR was wrong.

How can TOYOTA do such a wrong analysis and charge me for clutch and gift me the synchro, 2nd & reverse gear - IF 2nd Gear HARSHNESS while shifting WAS not a PROBLEM at all.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ToyoReceipt 27 may 2011.pdf (361.6 KB, 803 views)
Old 25th June 2011, 16:12   #5
Senior - BHPian

This is hopeless. Clearly politeness does not work with such idiots. There are only two solutions:
a. Use the good offices of the TBHP/other forum mods or mags that you may know.
b. Use the local police/political contacts

Either ways, find a way to reach the top management of either a good dealership or of Toyota. Just shaming them won't repair your woes.

Consumer court/painting the vehicle with the problem won't solve it and further waste your time. You need a peace of mind vehicle, nothing else.

Isn't their an Elegant Motors equivalent when it comes to Toyota?
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2011, 16:37   #6
BHPian

It is obvious that this dealer is a bad apple. The developments also seem to suggest that Toyota is losing it's famed commitment to Customer care, which if it were a fact would be unfortunate. The big shots at Toyota need to realise that one of the biggest advantages they have over the competition is the perception, that they take good care of their customers.

If the "unused" spare wheel is found to be damaged, then it suggests theft. Enough grounds to initiate action for criminal prosecution. Rather than lose your peace of mind and waste time, if Toyota does not respond in a meaningful manner I think you should take recourse to counsel of a legal professional and proceed to seek remedy of your problems without any delay.
RS_DEL is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2011, 16:55   #7
BHPian

Hey Rahul,

Its sad to see you suffering like that. It really hurts when we as a customer blindly follow a brand for its perception for quality, service & reliablity, but are cheated in return.

The most shocking part of this whole story is the "Quiteness" of Toyota. We can expect dealers to act shoddy time and again, and I have myself experienced poor service by Galaxy Toyota in Moti Nagar. Even reported to TOYOTA regarding this, and till date except receiving an acknowledgment that "my problem would be looked into and somebody would get in touch with me", nothing has been done.

Had great respect for Toyota, and considered it to be the best & the honest most among all Auto brands. But what its dealers are doing, and complete silence from Toyota is slowly killing it all.

Last edited by ScorpMan : 25th June 2011 at 16:59.
Old 25th June 2011, 18:01   #8
J.Ravi

I am shocked to hear the sorry state of affairs even with Toyota, that too for a Toyota Fortuner. Perhaps, referring the matter to the higher ups in Toyota Japan would help?

Old 25th June 2011, 19:36   #9
Senior - BHPian

One word of advice, Rahul. You are getting too emotional in your emails. I can understand the frustration of suffering so many problems in the vehicle, but please try and keep the written communication as emotionless as you can.

Also whatever replies you obtain from your local dealer/workshop, please make sure they are in writing. If they don't want to give their replies in writing, make it a practice to write it down yourself and get their acknowledgement on the same. This will establish for the record who has stated what. In case you want to go to a court, verbal communication would mean zilch.

And finally, do launch a complaint in the local consumer redressal forum/court. Things may be different if the dealer and the Toyota received a consumer court notice.
honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2011, 20:49   #10
Senior - BHPian

This is worrying. I have also twice faced bad service from Nandi Toyota in Bangalore. I wonder whether Toyota and their dealers are becoming complacent due to the volume game they are playing in India now. Or whether success has gone to the head of some of the folks in the management team here.
nilanjanray is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2011, 23:34   #11
Team-BHP Support

You did tell me about the gear shifting issue and sad to see, it still continues with almost no help from Toyota India.

Why manufacturers take consumers for granted in India?

And every manufacturer needs to dig in deeper prior to finalizing a dealer-ship. Very few are honest and aren't interested in customer satisfaction.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2011, 15:12   #12
BHPian

Thank you all.

Got emotional yes, this vehicle is emotional buy for me. Feb till June and no response.

I do not know what to do.

I am ok if they say "Your vehicle is OK - and here are the REASONS". The issue is they are not giving me the reasons for the same.

Their standard answer is same thing happens to the demo vehicle sir, other vehicles also behave the same way sir. Why I should be bothered how other vehicles are performing, if this is the case then might be entire lot is bad.

BTW these problems are not there in my other friends vehicle, so even their this reason is not valid.
Old 26th June 2011, 17:14   #13
rkg
Senior - BHPian

In my brother in law's Innova also they changed clutch at 25-30K in Bangalore. This happened immediately after warranty expiry.
Old 27th June 2011, 18:23   #14
Senior - BHPian

Re: Uttam Toyota and Toyota India - Forgets Quality and Service !

Ohhh boy this is bad. I am considering a toyota as my next car primarily because of peace of mind as far as Toyota cars as concerned. This incident will make me think and i will be watching out for similar experiences with Nandi/Ravindu in bangalore.
Old 30th June 2011, 16:35   #15
BHPian

Re: Uttam Toyota and Toyota India - Forgets Quality and Service !

Any pointers on how to escalate this. Got no email id of Japan Toyota.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks