Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2011, 17:45   #16
BHPian

Re: Uttam Toyota and Toyota India - Forgets Quality and Service !

Another email exchange!

Just see what they talk. Please go through the PDF "ToyoReceipt 27 may 2011.pdf" I have attached in my previous posts. How they can talk like this easily forgetting their wordings :(

- Forwarded Message
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 17:38:23 +0530
To: <vivek_rajput@tkm.co.in>
Cc: avp_service <avp_service@uttamtoyota.net>, Uttam CR Delhi <cr_delhi@uttamtoyota.net>, cr_gzb <cr_gzb@uttamtoyota.net>, cs_uttam <cs_uttam@uttamtoyota.net>, voc <voc@tkm.co.in>, <dbehl@autox.in>, <editorial@autocarindia.com>, <biplcir.mumbai@busineesindiagroup.com>, <topgear@wwwm.co.in>, <mailbox@overdrive.co.in>
Conversation: Regarding your Toyota Fortuner **27 May 2011** REMINDER
Subject: Re: Regarding your Toyota Fortuner **27 May 2011** REMINDER

Dear Mr. Vivek

EXPLAINATION provided to me by whom, the day you were here along with Mr. Kaushik had found the problems, and agreed to the issues. You said that gear was getting stuck or hard because of Neutral Finder, in case that is the issue then why gears get smooth then , the performance should remain constant – you also agreed along with Mr. Kaushik at that time. Other than this no other explanation has reached me.

I am attaching the bill on which you wrote after test drive that matter was under discussion, just to refresh your memory. When I asked you to write your exact statement and what you felt I was told that “Under discussion” means the same. How come after the subject matter is “Under Discussion” becomes no issue and explanation made. Also would like to remind you about the tire comment dealership made claiming never used stephny to be damaged.

This thing is clear that TOYOTA is trying to wash their hands off me and do not want to get things done due to LACK of LAW against AUTO makers. I am sure day is not far when there would be a law and you would be forced to recall vehicles like in other countries.

I would be willing to share and show the drawbacks and fault of gear box 2nd gear getting stuck.

ALSO Please do let me know when there was never a problem with my gear box, then why SYNCRO, 2nd gear and Reverse GEAR were changed – I need an EXPLAINATION for this as well.

Thanks

Rahul

On 7/7/11 4:30 PM, "vivek_rajput@tkm.co.in" <vivek_rajput@tkm.co.in> wrote:

Dear Mr. Rahul,

Greeting from Toyota!

This is in response to your below mail and further to our meeting along with Mr. Naveen Kaushik from TKM-Technical in order to understand and assure you of the product & services.

We would like to once again assure you that the vehicle has been thoroughly checked by our Engineer and no abnomality has been found in the vehicle. Your vehicle has been checked for all related parameters to confirm its roadworthiness. We assure you that vehicle has been test driven and found the performance of the vehicle is as per standards. We understand that complete explanation has already been provided to you.

Regarding the concern raised by you when you were in Leh, I provided the details to concern dealer but according to the report provided by them the contact number was not contactable.

We thank you for your kind understanding & co-operation in this regard.

Thanks & Regards,
Vivek Rajput.

Rahul Roy 07/05/2011 11:45 AM
To
Uttam CR Delhi <cr_delhi@uttamtoyota.net>, vivek_rajput <vivek_rajput@tkm.co.in>
cc
cs_uttam <cs_uttam@uttamtoyota.net>, avp_service <avp_service@uttamtoyota.net>, cr_gzb <cr_gzb@uttamtoyota.net>, voc <voc@tkm.co.in>
Subject
Re: Regarding your Toyota Fortuner **27 May 2011** REMINDER

Dear Vivek,

I have not had any replies from TOYOTA

I also called you up when in Leh this June about the issues being faced by me, but then never got the call back and support as promised.

I have run out of patience, please revert.

Thanks
Rahul

On 5/31/11 12:53 PM, "Rahul Roy" wrote:

Dear Vivek,

Please let me know your findings and FUTURE action so that I can take steps from my side.

I guess 3-4 months time is AMPLE ENOUGH to solve any issue.

Thanks

Rahul
Old 14th October 2011, 16:21   #17
Senior - BHPian

Any update on your Fortuner? Have the issues been sorted out?
Old 14th October 2011, 16:58   #18
BHPian

They changed the gearbox and the faulty rear shock absorbers.

The issue is gear change is still challenge - the fault remains - 2nd gear is still dodgy.
Old 10th November 2011, 17:39   #19
BHPian

Forwarded Message
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 10:56:06 +0530
To: Rahul Roy
Subject: REGARDING YOUR FORTUNER VEHICLE

Dear Mr. Roy,

Greetings for the day.

This is in response to your below mail regarding your Fortuner vehicle bearing registration number DL7CG5654.

In further based on our discussion, a joint inspection was carried out along with you on 07 Sep 2011. Based on the inspection our dealership will be replacing necessary parts in your vehicle so as to resolve the concerns raised by you. The same has been explained to you by the undersigned.

After the necessary repairs, the vehicle will test drive, quality checked and will be delivered to you.

We thank you for continuous co-operation & understanding in this regard.

Reiterating our solemn commitment, we assure our best of service always.

For any further clarification/assistance feel free to be in touch with us.

Thanks & Ragards,
Vivek Rajput.
TKM- Customer Relations.

After this Toyota had replaced my gear box and rear shock absorbers. The problems are still there. Clutch issues has not been solved.

The GM service tells me as per Toyota handbook, if any of gear is getting stuck they have to open the clutch no matter if there are other issues which point towards clutch issue or not. I am still not satisfied with his answer. They are forcefully trying to justify their clutch replacement was right. They promised me a written minutes of meeting -which was suppose to be with their VP - it has not yet come even after two months. Guess they are waiting for me to lose patience and let this problem die its own death.

I have written to them again today and hope that they see better light.

Last edited by rhandle : 10th November 2011 at 17:40. Reason: Typo
Old 10th November 2011, 17:42   #20
BHPian

Just thought of adding this link over here so that Fortuner owners know what else problems are there faced by others:

Toyota Fortuner complaints received – 9 | Kaptein Caprivi blogs...
Old 10th November 2011, 20:35   #21
Senior - BHPian

I try and keep track of what the South Africans are saying about their best selling SUV (in a market that has similarly-priced Freelander, Pajero Sports etc.).

I have wondered whether these incidents are outliers or to be expected. My research hints that these are outliers - some folks are just unlucky to land up with a lemon. The probability of getting a lemon is pretty low for a Toyota Fortuner, but I do understand that it makes things all the more bitter for an unlucky owner.

Maybe you have tried to, but if you haven't, how about escalating to India leadership and then using their leverage to sort things out once and for all? If you make enough noise on social media and through publications, they should be sitting up and taking notice.

Last edited by nilanjanray : 10th November 2011 at 20:50.
nilanjanray is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2011, 15:38   #22
BHPian

Another Mail which has been sent to them and yet heard no replies....

------ Forwarded Message
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 17:24:00 +0530
To: <vivek_rajput@tkm.co.in>, <shivkumar@tkm.co.in>, <hiroshi_nakagawa@toyota-kirloskar.co.in>
Cc: avp_service <avp_service@uttamtoyota.net>, Uttam CR Delhi <cr_delhi@uttamtoyota.net>, cr_gzb <cr_gzb@uttamtoyota.net>, cs_uttam <cs_uttam@uttamtoyota.net>, voc <voc@tkm.co.in>
Conversation: Regarding your Toyota Fortuner **27 May 2011** REMINDER
Subject: Re: Regarding your Toyota Fortuner **27 May 2011** REMINDER

Dear Team Toyota,

Besides going through the below mails, you can also go through the below links to get to the

Link on 4wd4all: Toyota Fortuner & Uttam Toyota - forgets quality and service?

Link of TBHP: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...y-service.html

After lot of denying the parts were changed but the problem still persists. The condition has gone back to Feb 2011 stage when the problem used to be intermittent. I feel it would be lousy and insensible to wait for another six months and 25 thousand KMs of driving..

On insistence of Mr. Rajput I went and met with Mr. Bhopal so called VP of Uttam Toyota. He was there along with his team but he remained quite through out the time and letting Mr. Sunil Dutt or Ms. Aarti speak. Regarding the clutch issue Mr. Dutt says (I guess he is GM service) if there is problem even in one gear they will open up the clutch even if there is or are no other symptoms as per the TOYOTA service book provided to them. I unfortunately do not agree to the same and as you guys to kindly resolve the matter or update my knowledge about the cars.

Mr. Bhopal did not reply to single question, then why he was even present. At the end I asked him if they would be sending me a minute of meeting and he replied “yes tomorrow”. I asked him who would be sending it. He said “Aarti would send it”.

It’s been over two months I have not seen it.

In my recent service also when I asked them to mention my complaints in writing initially the service engineers at Uttam Toyota refused saying this is no problem – Why?

My two issues are still not solved. I am feeling I have been handed over a LEMON by your company and you all do not want to admit it and trying to hide behind and skirt the issues.

When Toyota did find the problem first time it was over six months (February till September) and 20-25 thousand KMS. Where in I also received Registered letter from UTTAM TOYOTA stating my vehicle is free of all problems in month of JUNE.

Now I am really afraid when TOYOTA would come back to me. Considering myself a repeat customer – Earlier had Corolla – which prompted me to buy TOYOTA again I am DISSAPPOINTED with the TOYOTA - “INDIANISED” Behavior – that is Ignore attitude, it will die it’s natural death . I had hoped you will come with same international level of concern for your customers over here.

Hope I do not have to send legal notices in stead of emails to get the problem sorted.

Also before asking me to send the car again to the workshop to be checked PLEASE check how many times it has been to your workshops and the time spent – I CONSIDER it LEMON and hopefully TOYOTA would and should see it the same way.

Regards

Rahul

------ Forwarded Message
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 10:56:06 +0530
To: Rahul Roy <rroy@averyps.com>
Subject: REGARDING YOUR FORTUNER VEHICLE

Dear Mr. Roy,

Greetings for the day.

This is in response to your below mail regarding your Fortuner vehicle bearing registration number DL7CG5654.

In further based on our discussion, a joint inspection was carried out along with you on 07 Sep 2011. Based on the inspection our dealership will be replacing necessary parts in your vehicle so as to resolve the concerns raised by you. The same has been explained to you by the undersigned.

After the necessary repairs, the vehicle will test drive, quality checked and will be delivered to you.

We thank you for continuous co-operation & understanding in this regard.

Reiterating our solemn commitment, we assure our best of service always.

For any further clarification/assistance feel free to be in touch with us.

Thanks & Ragards,
Vivek Rajput.
TKM- Customer Relations.

------ End of Forwarded Message

Don't know when I would see Reply. No one is working in TOYOTA from TBHP it seems
Old 24th November 2011, 19:54   #23
BHPian

Man to talk to or correspond with:
Mr.Akio Toyoda- President and Director,Toyota Operations.

1 Toyota-Cho
Toyota City, Aichi 471-8571

Japan

Phone: 81 5 6528 2121
Fax: 81 5 6523 5800
mohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2011, 20:52   #24
Senior - BHPian

Makes for terrible reading. Toyota has a reputation for making cars that are great, but when it does have a problem, they appear to be far away as though they are in denial mode!
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2011, 11:04   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhandle View Post

I was living my dream till one day in morning I drove the vehicle since my driver was absent. I felt the gear shifting to second gear was hard. This was after 29000 kms or so.

Then I had to call them at my place as the problem was sporadic. Happening most of the times in early morning. This time people from UTTAM TOYOTA came and they experienced the problem. They took my vehicle to dealership again. They called me and said by changing clutch the problem would go away. In 30,000 kms Clutch change came as surprise but then not wanting any issues with my vehicle I agreed and gave permission to change the clutch.
Hi Rahul,

Was the Gear Shifting to 2nd accompanied by any grinding noise?

Regards,

Arka
Old 25th November 2011, 11:57   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
Hi Rahul,

Was the Gear Shifting to 2nd accompanied by any grinding noise?

Regards,

Arka
Hi Arka,

There is no grinding noise. The problem is not always present, sometimes it is there and then most of the time it is again running perfect.

They have given me absurd reasons like - neutral finder tries to get the lever back in position so the 2nd gear gets notchy -but then it should be happening all the time.

They changed my clutch for the same reason - which I had to pay.

Regards
Rahul
Old 25th November 2011, 13:28   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhandle View Post
Hi Arka,

There is no grinding noise. The problem is not always present, sometimes it is there and then most of the time it is again running perfect.

They have given me absurd reasons like - neutral finder tries to get the lever back in position so the 2nd gear gets notchy -but then it should be happening all the time.

They changed my clutch for the same reason - which I had to pay.l

Hi Rahul,

The grinding noise usually indicates a synchro/bearing problem i.e inside the Gear Box.

Is the Shifter( Gear Lever) Directly on top of the Gear Box or is remote with a Linkage mechanism?

Regards,

Arka
Old 25th November 2011, 13:57   #28
BHPian

Why don't you try Galaxy Toyota in Moti Nagar. I am getting my Innova Service from them from almost 3 yrs now, done 51K. Never had any issue with service etc. They have some good experts, but yes you have to push hard sometimes to get things done.
Old 26th November 2011, 02:15   #29
Senior - BHPian

Mr Roy, it is really a big shame on UTTAM TOYOTA/TOYOTA not living up to what they vouched for. What are you waiting for, you have taken enough, I feel now you should approach legally, consumer forum should make things easy for you, today when a electric shaver is not spared to go wrong, we are talking about a Fortuner, come on don't sit on this issue. Go ahead file a law suit against those jerks and shoot a summon then I am pretty sure things will start working in your favor. I have come across many instances where these companies which talk big mouth about quality, customer service, satisfaction blah! blah! end up doing cheap tricks, I feel it is better to pickup a used vehicle from reliable source than going for the brand new ones at least you will save some money.
Old 27th November 2011, 11:11   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
Hi Rahul,

The grinding noise usually indicates a synchro/bearing problem i.e inside the Gear Box.

Is the Shifter( Gear Lever) Directly on top of the Gear Box or is remote with a Linkage mechanism?

Regards,

Arka
I have no idea about this Arka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
Why don't you try Galaxy Toyota in Moti Nagar. I am getting my Innova Service from them from almost 3 yrs now, done 51K. Never had any issue with service etc. They have some good experts, but yes you have to push hard sometimes to get things done.
Innova is not an issue. I had Corolla for last four years and also one Innova, in both vehicles never found any problems and no issues from Uttam Toyota as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Mr Roy, it is really a big shame on UTTAM TOYOTA/TOYOTA not living up to what they vouched for. What are you waiting for, you have taken enough, I feel now you should approach legally, consumer forum should make things easy for you, today when a electric shaver is not spared to go wrong, we are talking about a Fortuner, come on don't sit on this issue. Go ahead file a law suit against those jerks and shoot a summon then I am pretty sure things will start working in your favor. I have come across many instances where these companies which talk big mouth about quality, customer service, satisfaction blah! blah! end up doing cheap tricks, I feel it is better to pickup a used vehicle from reliable source than going for the brand new ones at least you will save some money.
I Guess sir that would be the now the New year Gift to them. But this would take more than a year to reach some decision.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks