Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2011, 16:55   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The best Sales People we've come across!

My best salesperson award ironically goes to a service advisor. Mr. Amit Thakkar of Trident Hyundai, Kanakapura Road, was a great help to me when I was an Accent owner back in Bangalore. It's been nearly 5 years now but I still call him up occasionally to check on how things are: he gave me very accurate information about the Fluidic Verna launch dates for example, based on which which I planned my car purchase effectively. He was an eager-beaver young SA when I first took the car there and is now the service manager there, deservedly so.

Nice thread, BTW!
Old 21st July 2011, 17:36   #17
BHPian

Thanks to Panko for starting this thread.
Wish I had thought of it before,as there is one person in the auto industry whose efforts more than justify appreciation.
Mr. Kunal Patwa of Porsche Mumbai(hope he reads this ,he a member of this forum) has born with patience, tolerance and unfailing courtesy, a stream of enquiries from me for the last several years,covering more than half the Porsche range and the best part of it is that no sale of vehicle has resulted to date!
Have thanked him on this forum in the distant past, but not in a thread as appropriate as this one.
Hope his efforts on my behalf see results sometime soon.
911987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2011, 19:11   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

My best experience has been with Devan Acura (Norwalk, CT, USA). Rick Ottavi was the guy. Not much bargaining, but he has been the best car sales person I have interacted with. A clean hands-off approach. Gave me the car keys & said come back in an hour. While the dealership may have put in a GPS unit, it was the way the way he presented it which felt like the customer was being trusted with the car.

The whole experience was so clean & good that I went back a year later for another car. And bought one again from him.

A far cry from the almost racist approach by a dealer in Long Island, or the ignorant-like approach that I have had with sales people here in BLR.
Old 22nd July 2011, 12:05   #19
BHPian

Re: The best Sales People I came across!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm403 View Post
There salaries are quite low, though they do get commission on each sale.
Another issue they face is the unprofessional behavior of the showroom-owners. This issue is more prominent in semi-urban/rural areas.
Old 23rd July 2011, 21:30   #20
BHPian

Thank you Sir. Those were very kind words. Appreciation is what we strive for.
I am also thank full that someone did think of starting this topic.
Looking forward to reading more about people writing on their experiences with sales people.
Old 27th July 2011, 15:06   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
Thank you Sir. Those were very kind words. Appreciation is what we strive for.
I am also thank full that someone did think of starting this topic.
Looking forward to reading more about people writing on their experiences with sales people.
Hats off to you! I have read in one of the earlier posts about how helpful you had been. You are the ones who help prospective customers making their decision. This is to celebrate your efforts!
Panko is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2011, 15:18   #22
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

for me it is AMITH the GM -Sales of SKS Bangalore. He used to be the Sales Manager at the erstwhile Vijai Auto. Known him for 8-9 years now and I ve bought 2 vehicles from him so far. He always ensures I am looked after properly - even for all my after sales service requirements.

As long as I buy M&M vehicles I would prefer buying from him.
Old 27th July 2011, 15:35   #23
Senior - BHPian

For me, it is Aldrin of Hyson Motors, Kodungalloor. Very helpful, not at all pushy and very upfront - he always gave a clear picture of what he can and what he cannot. Never gave us any false promise, and he went out of his way to make sure that the bank loan got processed with out any hassles.

He is the manager of Kodungalloor showroom, which comes under the the Thrissur Showroom. The main showroom and yard of Hyson motors is at Thrissur, which is about 40 KM from the Kodungalloor showroom. When we told him that we want to see our Vista at the yard, he made sure that he was present with us in the yard - he could have easily asked some one from thrissur showroom to show us the car, but he chose to be present there and helped us with the PDI.

He and his fantastic team made sure that the delivery was very smooth, and there was not even a doubt where to go when I was in market for my next car.

I have brought 2 cars from him, and have given some other referrals which have resulted in sales.

Last edited by theexperthand : 27th July 2011 at 15:39.
Old 27th July 2011, 15:49   #24
BANNED

For me, when I bought my first Brand new Car :

Name : Satish
Dealer : SKS Automobiles (Vijay Auto earlier)

He gave me the best deal and discount I can ever think.
Old 27th July 2011, 16:11   #25
Senior - BHPian

Mr. Vijay Kumar of Khivraj, a Maruti dealer in Chennai. I was in Chennai for my wife's USA visa interview. After she went into the consulate, I had some free time so went to check out the Ritz.
I told Vijay that I was not from Chennai - so he knew there was no prospect of a sale at all. Still, he spent time telling me all about the car and gave me a TD.

I was seriously impressed with his attitude and patience. The best salesman I have ever come across

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks