Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2011, 16:36   #16

Re: Hyundai's dealer(Popular Hyundai) ruined my car

[BoneCollector][/Hyundai after sales service is one of the worst to say the least]

[skanchan95][/Hyundai has become notorious for blindly backing an erring workshop. They will never accept that their workshop is at fault and will never take action against them. Even if you provide them concrete proof of the workshop's wrong doing, the company will look the other way]

[charthom][please don't take it lightly. Be stern and act,please.]

[bloodred][try to get the contact information of regional Hyundai office from other dealer around you, which should be easy.
]

[drpullockaran][If you do file a case under no circumstances should you accept a compromise decree like I did which is the reason it prolonged for more than 2 years]

[humyum][they will wash their hands and you will lose a lot of money and peace of mind.]

[swiftnfurious][ Such instances are best nibbed in the bud itself. You might be able to get some help on the mails ids or contact numbers of the right officials from this forum.]

[The Hurricane][Even in your wildest dream , dont ever get your car serviced in Popular as they are not professional at all and over charge a customer".]

[Yeldo][Gives me shivers hearing the Doctor's experience]

[anilisanil][I think you need to take this case seriously and should ask for suitable compensation, if not at least inform the Hyundai guys at the least.]

[charthom][The way they have treated you is thoroughly disappointing.What actions are you planning to take against them?]

Dear Team mates!

UPDATE:
After I had got mails from the Hyundai customer care that someone from the service centre will call me in three days time, they did call me on the 5th day. It was from a customer care representative at Popular Hyundai, Moovatapuzha. The conversation didn't go very well. After they were not sucessful to make me believe that i was lying they offered me a deal.

They said that they will not annul the warranty of the car, which continues up to the next year, since my car was barely 13 months old when it was screwed by the service centre. Moreover, they said that they can come to a compromise on this situation, after considering the patience and special interests they share with me. The deal was that they will change the pistons and something called as the engine block as well. I didn't follow what these parts were so i asked them if it means that they are going to change and replace the engine, they declined and said that these are some parts within the engine. I demanded a change of engine and no other alternative measure for the repair of the ruined car. But i did ask him to drop me a mail with the deal offered by them. He promised that it would be the next thing on his mind. Sadly, the mail hasn't appeared in my Inbox or Spam folder, yet.

I can't thank all of you enough to spare time and interests to advice me and comfort me. Believe me in times of crisis there is nothing better than talking to someone who knows the cause of worry and is willing to help or discuss with a open heart.

In future if i find any similar case on team-bhp or elsewhere I promise to go out of my way and provide as much help as i could. Now after this episode, i can say with conviction that, these things will continue to occur. Companies don't care. PERIOD. Neither do courts either (Personal opinion). Have tried the former and now will try the latter. YES!

Going by the statistics our judiciary is of no real good use. The system has been put up for the heck of it. May be in future someone will take note of the numbers of cases where justice was denied. (of course after several decades). But I want to add my number in the list of cases where justice was denied and then I will discuss it here, as a first hand experience!

Wouldn't that be interesting?

I will file a case in the district forum of the Consumer courts by next week. I will definitely post the draft or pics of it and let all of you know. Do pour in some suggestions. Also, I think i have not done a good job of quoting. Please someone help me here. And don't forget to make this link a little more POPULAR.
Old 2nd September 2011, 16:57   #17
BHPian

If you want you can screw their lives doc. The O2 sensor of my Santro had gone kaput and it had been giving me a meager avg of 6-7 kmpl; the guys at HMP did not care to repair the car and gave me baseless answers till I reached out to all of their customer care setups across the globe.. I know this may sound like an brainless activity but it did help me..

Email everywhere- use mail merge and send the mail out to all hyundai customer care units and do mention in the email that some reputed Auto Mag would publish your story next week..

All the best man!
Old 2nd September 2011, 17:03   #18
BHPian

H.W. Park, MD HMIL- h.w.park@hmil.net
This is their MD's email id, i am sure this would help you get justice.

P.S- copy this guy on the mail.. Y.K. Koo: ykkoo@hyundai-motor.com; he's the CEO of the company.
anshul_babbar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 08:35   #19
BHPian

Is MGF Hyundai shutting shop in Kerala? At least that's what's happening in Kochi now.

So I called my SA at MGF Hyundai Padivattom regarding the variissues I have with the car and also for appointment for 3 year/30000km service and I casually inquired that will it be possible to drop my car off at their Wellington Island facility since its on mu way to work. That's when he informed that by this month end they will be closing the facilities at Wellington Island, Padivattom and Kalamassery. The only service center will be at Desom, Aluva. The existing service center at Kalamassery to be made into a multi brand workshop. MGF Hyundai at Trivandrum had already shut shop.

We still have Popular Hyundai and VTJ Hyundai in and around Kochi but MGF shutting shop at all these locations (if true) will be bad news for Hyundai owners since crowd will substantially increase at other places. Already we don't have much positive feedback about Popular Hyundai service.

Don't know if the lockdown and Covid has pushed the franchise into financial troubles.
BLACNWYTE is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks