Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2011, 04:12   #1

Hyundai's dealer(Popular Hyundai) ruined my car

Annexure-1. This clearly shows my keen interest in the upkeep of my car.
Popular Hyundai Invoice No: B201102844 of 24.03.2011 <2 pages> [Annexure 2(a) and Annexure 2(b)] shows that though I had indicated to correctly align the bonnet, they did not do it for reasons best known to them only. RR Bumper Grill work also not attended as this can be verified from the bill.

The delivery of my vehicle was taken and the same was parked in the Carmal CMI Provincial House Garage which is located about 4 KMs away from the Workshop.

On the night of 25.03.2011 I had visited Mudalakkudam Hospital and the Car was parked in the Hospital Garage; which was about 30 KMs from Muvattupuzha and returned to Muvattupuzha after 4 Hours and the vehicle was parked in the same garage.

On the morning of, 26.03.2011, for attending a serious patient I was half way to Marangattupilly at Koothattukulam, I heard a strange noise, as if a bullet were shot, from under the car. I immediately pulled over and parked the vehicle by road side. Nothing could be noticed but the matter reported to the service provider M/s. Popular Hyundai. The Service Personnel expressed his doubt and advised to see the engine oil level. To my anguish, there was no oil in the Engine at all.

Matter reported to Popular Hyundai, Muvattupuzha. They sent the Service Engineers at the site. One of the Service Person checked the engine and confirmed that there was no oil in the engine and tried to convince me that oil leakage due to bulging of Oil seal for which he claimed a part has been replaced. Upon my insistence to provide me the replaced part he made amends to what he had said earlier and said 2 other parts were fitted in along with the old part so nothing can be handed over to me. I had asked for a bill for their services and cost of the oil etc, they had cell phone conversation with their Seniors at Popular Hyundai Workshop and said no bill book available. I insisted to take the cost of the services, they said it is free. I requested for a zero bill, if they do not want to take the money. The Service personnel again had phone conversation with someone in the workshop and made out a zero bill on the job card No: 2979 dated 26.03.2011 placed here as Annexure-3 written therein “Running Repair”, “ Engine oil leakage, Koothattukulam. Payment - 0.” In the above mentioned job card, the technician had wrongly put in an incorrect mileage which was much behind the actual reading.
I demanded for the bulged oil seal; he could not show it to me. The Service personnel said that he did not remove the oil seal but put two more oil seals and set it right. Again I said; why you put more engine oil seals along with the rotten one. This means that he has not put the right oil seal. Again he had contacted someone on phone. On verifying the bill, I found that the service personnel wrongly entered the Kilometer reading. I once again requested him to correct it. He then changed the pen and corrected the Kilometer reading and on my request put his signature also indicating the correction. It was again noticed that he did not indicate the fact that no oil found in the engine compartment. On my insistence on the above, after contacting some one again on phone he wrote in Blue ink “Engine oil not found”. Again on my repeated request, he indicated the quantity of oil filled in the engine as “1 ½ Ltr. Fill”. Perhaps in all probability lesser quantity of oil as required by the engine for its ideal performance.

Only I could make out that something is fishy in the dealings and they are acting dishonestly.
When I enquired him as to what is the required quantity of engine oil to be present in the engine. He said, he did not know it exactly. This means that the Service Personnel attended my car is not at all a trained person. As he said the vehicle is now fit for driving I, of late used the vehicle for attending my patient and as I could not take the vehicle to the workshop next day being a holiday. On 28 due to my scheduled lectures to my students, I could not attend Popular Hyundai as I could not get any time to spare.
On 29.03.2011 when I contacted Mr. Ramachandran of Popular Hyundai for an appointment to look into my case, he initially refused to give me an appointment as it is the delivery time of the vehicles to the Customers I informed him that if he is reluctant to give me time, OK, I am then taking up the matter with the Hyundai Authorities, he then called me and indicated his readiness to hear me.

Mr Ramachandran enquired me of the “Teflon coating” as I enquired on 23/03/2011, while I had given the vehicle initially for repairs. He was again talking keen interest on the bonnet alignment job etc. But, I insisted that the engine giving noise while using 1st, 2nd, 3rd and reverse gears. He finally taken the vehicle. On my demanding a job card one was brought to me after a long delay and I was asked to sign on it. No particulars as to the required jobs to be attended was filled. Both the columns, under the headings “Customer’s Request” and “Service advisor’s instruction to shop floor” were unfilled. On my insistence Mr. Midhun RR wrote “Engine Sound.”
While I was preparing the mail to you on 30.03.2011 Mr. Midhun, Service Engineer of Popular Hyundai, Muvattupuzha informed me that a bearing had some problem and it needs replacement for which order is placed with the principal etc.

In the Annexure 4, today, I noticed another instance of corrupt activities that the staff, at Popular Hyundai are indulging in. The mileage entry shows that the car has covered 27,931 KMs. Under the guise of power failure, I was handed over the job card where in I failed to notice such acts of corruption. After the engine oil was refilled on 26/03/2011, I had covered less than 40 KMs. and this fact was brought to the notice of everybody at Popular Hyundai, who were attending my vehicle.

It is clear from the above, that Popular Hyundai had grossly negligent on their part while providing me service to my car resulting into serious damage to my Car’s Engine. The gross negligence on the part of the Service Provider has literarily killed my Car Engine prematurely. Any repair or reconditioning on the dead engine will be a permanent headache to me and my future lectures to the new doctors and my patients are also going to suffer unnecessarily due to the above disservices provided to me for which I was charged for.

I was made to suffer badly. I had to attend my students at Kannur on 31.03.2011 which is 350 KMs away from Muvattupuzha. Needless to say none of my immediate plans could be fructified and the future plans also recieved a beating

Dr. K J Scaria
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai's dealer(Popular Hyundai) ruined my car-annexure-1.jpg  

Hyundai's dealer(Popular Hyundai) ruined my car-annexure-2a.jpg  

Hyundai's dealer(Popular Hyundai) ruined my car-annexure-2-b.jpg  

Hyundai's dealer(Popular Hyundai) ruined my car-annexure-3.jpg  

Hyundai's dealer(Popular Hyundai) ruined my car-annexure-4.jpg  

Old 3rd July 2011, 10:31   #2
BHPian

Re: Hyundai's dealer(Popular Hyundai) ruined my car

@drscaria,

Welcome to team BHP.

Sorry to hear about your experiences.

I have always felt that Popular Hyundai
are an unprofessional lot.I have been to them only once-since then been steering clear of them. At Cochin,I felt that MGF Hyundai is much better.

The way they have treated you is thoroughly disappointing.What actions are you planning to take against them?

Best of luck to you.

Rgds,charthom.
Old 3rd July 2011, 10:45   #3
Senior - BHPian

looks like they forgot to fill the engine oil after the service and are trying to cover it up. That explains the reluctance to give bills, wrong date on the zero bill etc etc.

I think you need to take this case seriously and should ask for suitable compensation, if not at least inform the Hyundai guys at the least.

All the best!
Old 3rd July 2011, 11:22   #4
BHPian

Whew! I had an unsatisfactory experience with a Santro bought and maintained from their Kochi dealership in 2008, and it was due to that I bought my Verna from MGF. I have been taking my Verna to Popular Muvattupuzha for the last 3 services, but I am no expert to gauge the quality of workmanship. Now I wonder whether I made the wrong decision. Gives me shivers hearing the Doctor's experience.
Old 3rd July 2011, 12:27   #5
BHPian

Dr Scaria... I am really sorry to hear about the terrible experience you have had at Popular Hyundai. I had a friend of mine who was the service engineer at MGF Hyundai(Kochi) who later went to Gulf for a year and happened to joined Popular Hyundai at Kochi on returning back as a Sr. Service engineer. I used to always get my Santro serviced at MGF as he was there and since he was back at Popular i asked him to get my car serviced at Popular as he was working there. I was shocked at the reply he gave me. He said" Even in your wildest dream , dont ever get your car serviced in Popular as they are not professional at all and over charge a customer". He then got another friend of his from MGF to pick up my car and get it serviced at MGF and also requested me not to send any relatives & friends of mine to Popular as they would not be satisfied with the service. Have made many friends of mine go to MGF as their service is really good and very friendly. Dr Scaria i suggest you get your car serviced at MGF at any one of their service centers.
Old 3rd July 2011, 13:09   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Bad experience ! So have you send a mail to the Hyundai authorities yet ? If not, I guess that's the correct step to be taken. Such instances are best nibbed in the bud itself. You might be able to get some help on the mails ids or contact numbers of the right officials from this forum. Hope you car is out of trouble soon.
Old 3rd July 2011, 13:17   #7
Senior - BHPian

Take this to the highest top nochos at Hyundai. Don't let this pass. If something does happen to your engine further, they will wash their hands and you will lose a lot of money and peace of mind.
Old 3rd July 2011, 13:41   #8
BHPian

This is a perfectly fit case for the Consumer court if they do not replace your engine. Their actions and cover ups are very similar to what I faced with TATA for my Junkindica. If you need assistance with trust worthy lawyers send me a message. As you might know I am fighting the consumer case for the past ten years all on my own without help from a lawyer. If you do file a case do call me before each day of the court hearing. I know the traps that they are likely to set for you. If they give you a brand new engine do not go to the courts. Not many people like going to the courts like I do.

If you do file a case under no circumstances should you accept a compromise decree like I did which is the reason it prolonged for more than 2 years.
drpullockaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2011, 17:51   #9

Dear ALL

I am sorry for such a late reply. Thanks to all of you for sharing your thoughts and encouraging me to solve the issue. All my mails to hyundai customer care are getting bounced and i am getting strange messages in reply.
I dont know if it is some kind of virus included since both my laptop and the desktop crashed after trying to download that had come along with the bounced mail notification. Moreover i am not even able to connect to them through mobile or landline at home. Just a beep from the other end.
The service centre is asking me to take the delivery of the car asap. They mail me almost everyday. I asked them for the email ID of someone higher up which they declined stating that their policy and rules does not permit them to share any email ID of any hyundai staff. Now i am in a fix.
Old 22nd July 2011, 18:17   #10
BHPian

Dear Dr Scaria,

You may try leaving the brief feedback on hyundai website at following link, also requesting them to speak to you.

Hyundai Motor Company :: Service Feedback

For whatever reputation Hyundai carries, I think they should revert.

Else, try to get the contact information of regional Hyundai office from other dealer around you, which should be easy.

In Gurgaon, I recently left a score of 7/10 for washing & cleaning after a paid service. The girl on the desk promptly raised it to senior service manager. He requested me to wait for five minutes, politely asked me the areas where I'm not satisfied and got three people to clean the entire car again. Mentioned that 7/10 won't be taken lightly by Hyundai.
Old 22nd July 2011, 22:52   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drscaria View Post
Dear ALL

I am sorry for such a late reply. Thanks to all of you for sharing your thoughts and encouraging me to solve the issue. All my mails to hyundai customer care are getting bounced and i am getting strange messages in reply.
I dont know if it is some kind of virus included since both my laptop and the desktop crashed after trying to download that had come along with the bounced mail notification. Moreover i am not even able to connect to them through mobile or landline at home. Just a beep from the other end.
The service centre is asking me to take the delivery of the car asap. They mail me almost everyday. I asked them for the email ID of someone higher up which they declined stating that their policy and rules does not permit them to share any email ID of any hyundai staff. Now i am in a fix.
Go to the service centre-talk to the senior staff.The phone no.and email ID of MD etc have to be displayed there and they are obliged to hand it over if requested. Threaten them that you will take the matter to consumer court-and please actually do so if required.

Dr Scaria,
please don't take it lightly. Be stern and act,please.
Old 22nd July 2011, 23:04   #12

THANKYOU ALL FOR ENCOURAGING ME. EVERY POST FROM ALL OF YOU MAKES ME WANT TO PURSUE MY CASE.

I mailed HMIL today at <cr@hmil.net> and included the attachments and the strange downloadable files i'd got from them. Thrice the mail bounced. Then i sent them this ordinary mail sans the attachments.
Dear Sir
I hope the forwarded and attached email may generate some interests, to sought, my case against your dealer at Moovatapuzha viz. Popular Hyundai

Its been months since my car is lying in the service centre at the above mentioned service centre and no solution has been put forth. I have been asking them the email IDs of any senior official who has the authority to find solution to my case. All to no avail. Now i am being continously told to collect my vehicle back from the service centre on an 'as is-where is' basis.

Ever since i lost my car at the hands of the dealer, i am unable to do justice to my work. I have not been able to visit my patients or my students at Moovatapuzha and Thodapuzha, resulting in loss of income and influence which of course affects my reputation as well.

Joy of motoring can't be promoted by handing over the dead engine onto the customer's head. Kindly look into the matter urgently and ease me of the tension from owning a warranted car with a dead engine

I humbly request you, not to make my faith in the Hyundai Brand, regretful.

P.S. ALL MAILS THAT I AM SENDING YOU ARE GETTING BOUNCED AND UNDELIVERED FOR NO REASON. I HOPE MY ID IS NOT FLAGGED OFF.

By evening i got this reply:
Dear Customer,
We thank you for writing to Hyundai Customer Care.
Please note that we are in receipt of your e-mail, we shall be advising our concerned Regional Office to coordinate with our dealer to arrange for necessary action to address your concern. You shall be hearing from our Dealer / Area Office within 3 working days. Please bear with us till such time.
In case you are not contacted within 3 working days, you may contact our Regional Offices from Monday to Friday between 8 am till 6 pm at ...........(nos. of the sales representatives of different zones and the regular toll free number as well)
Old 22nd July 2011, 23:11   #13

And this is the template i'd been recieving umpteen times from the Customer Care Manager at Popular Hyundai, Moovatapuzha. At one point of time the mail was same with the subject reading, 'Reminder 1', 'Reminder 2' and thereafter:

[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman][FONT='Courier New'][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Sub: Readiness of your Santro car bearing registration number KL59B848 after repair work.

Ref : Feedback raised by you to Hyundai.

Dear Sir,
This is further to your feedback addressed to Hyundai Motors & While we are extremely concerned to take note of the complaints put forth by you. At the same time we would like to inform you that your vehicle is ready after repair work on 05/04/2011 itself and there is no bill amt against the repair work carried out in your vehicle.
More over your vehicle is with in warranty period which is up to 22/07/2012.
We assure you of the best of attention and support to you at all times. Once again we regret the inconvenience caused to you in the entire process.
For any further clarification or assistance, I can be contacted any time on below mentioned phone number.
Thanking you ,
Sincerely ,
[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
Old 23rd July 2011, 13:04   #14
Senior - BHPian

Trust me, Hyundai Customer Care is manned by a bunch of useless buffoons. They will keep on sending you these copy/paste type e-mails and will NEVER revert within the promised three days. You could try talking to the Hyundai service representive in your region( the Regional Office). But that too will be of no help. These people are trained in tricking customers.

Hyundai has become notorious for blindly backing an erring workshop. They will never accept that their workshop is at fault and will never take action against them. Even if you provide them concrete proof of the workshop's wrong doing, the company will look the other way.

I have faced this personally with Hyundai when those jokers in Hyundai's Junagadh workshop purposely damaged my i20. I took it up seriously with the company by sending hard copies of report/photographs/Video CDs to the HMIL offices and the two western region ROs. But being the arrogant and long nosed people that they are, they never bothered to respond. Even when the EPS malfunction in my i20 in the middle of the road and I barely avoided an accident, even that failed to move these Hyundai wallahs.

While we went ahead and filed a case in the consumer court against Hyundai and their "great" workshop in Junagadh , nothing fruitful is coming out of that as well, the company is not bothered to reply there as well and will take their own sweet time. Be warned, even if you take Hyundai to court, they will keep on dragging the issue further as long as they can, instead of settling it. It will add further to your miseries. Unfortunately and quite sadly, in our legal system, the victim suffers more than the criminal. Even if a verdict comes in the victim's favour, it comes too late amd too little.

My advice- get the car repaired and move on. These Hyundai big shots can never be of help to anyone. They are only there to put up a face in front of the world, not doing their "actual" job of addressing the concerns of a customer.
Old 23rd July 2011, 13:49   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai after sales service is one of the worst to say the least(NOT a generalised statement,some cities might have a good one also).I've had many problems with them so much so that i get my car serviced in another city now.Its better than breaking your head with the idiots at my city HASS.Last straw was when i got the light combination switch changed.I dont know if they put a genuine one coz the turn indicators dont cancel automatically now.Moreover the finish of the switch is also pathetic.Have already complained but they said they will look into the matter.Now its been over 2 months!

Complaining doesnt help either.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 23rd July 2011 at 13:51.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks