Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2011, 11:38   #1
Senior - BHPian

Tata-Fiat ASC: Closures, Defections, Re-arrangements in NCR

a. Delhi NCR Tata-Fiat owners will recollect the "temporary closure" of Rama Motors for "renovation" some months earlier. I heard rumours that the entire workforce was changed. Even the owner (Aditya Goel), who's on good terms with me, admitted "reshuffles".

b. My neighbour (an old Tata customer) told me that Sanya Motors and A-One Motors workshops in Okhla and Mohan co-operative have closed down. I have also heard that Nawab Motors has shut shop. (Their names do not feature on the website either). My guess is they are moving to (most probably) VW, Nissan or even other companies. Even B U Bhandari, Pune's premier Tata (and Fiat) dealer and ASC is now selling and servicing VW.

c. That Vivek Automobiles (Delhi's orginal Fiat dealer since Uno days apart from Prem Nath Motors) is no longer a dealer but only an ASC and is now selling Premier Rios is now well-known. Apparently, they are still an ASC and still are sitting on one of the biggest parts collection for parts-starved old Fiat customers as well as mechanics who know Fiats (their attitude is something else, though and that's why I like to stay away from them).

d. Oberoi Motors (the newest kid on the block) seems to be getting good reviews. Incidentally, they are (from what I hear) the same Oberoi Cars who is a major Tata dealer in Uttarakhand (based in Dehra Dun).

e. Some other dealerships (who started with a bang in 2008, 2009) like ABS Motors, Techno automobiles, and new dealer in Ghaziabad whose name eludes my memory currently do not seem to be making the grade, especially for the perennially disappointed Fiat customers.

f. That I, personally, patronise Elegant Cars (formerly Samyak) is well-known on this forum. My reasons are the fact that while they may not be the most competent or the most committed, they are better some of the other guys I have been to and they still understand and identify Fiat parts faster than others (trust me, a major problem is identifying a part, what with the changes that car companies keep bringing to their vehicles every 1-2 years).

g. Him Motors, Automobile Sterling, Raghuvanshi, Pahwa Motors and Autolinks seem to be going as good as ever. I guess they have a loyal customer base or get their volumes from the cab market.

Can any one shed any light as to whether this is part of a re-organisation / streamlining strategy or whether it is the usual dealership musical chairs which is becoming common nowadays? Is there a problem in Tata which is causing defection? Is it more lucrative to sell VWs and GM cars nowadays? Is this an indicator of the drop in Tata's market share and the Multi-jet powered Vista / Manza / Punto / Linea losing their sheen to the ANHV, i20, Polo, ANHC, Vento?
Or, is the market already over-crowded with Tata-Fiat dealers (it does not seem to be over-crowded for service, as the line of Indica / Indigo cabs is always so long in the ASC)?

Or (finally being optimistic) is Tata finally taking some positive customer-centric steps and revamping and also removing some non-performing and counter-performing dealers?

Tata-Fiat owners, Can you keep posting this thread with your experiences so that amidst these changes, owners can continue to benefit and keep track of the sales / service scenario in the NCR?

Also, if anybody can shed light on any policies of TML under which all this is happenning, even better (less speculation and more facts, if possible, since there is already a thread on the future of TML-Fiat India).
architect is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2011, 19:48   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata-Fiat ASC: Closures, Defections, Re-arrangements in NCR

Elegant Cars (formerly Samyak Motors) has shut down for good.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2459612
architect is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2011, 23:16   #3
BHPian

I have sent a mail to Mangesh Kodalkar, with a copy to Ceodesk. Let us hope FIAT can keep the staff (Esp Mr. Sharma and the senior mechanics) within the FIAT fold

Fellow FIAT enthusiasts watching the thread are requested to do the same
vipul_singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2011, 11:37   #4
Senior - BHPian

Update on the relocation of Elegant Cars staff:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2481066
Old 28th August 2011, 12:50   #5
BHPian

Did write to Mangesh and all to ensure Mr Sharma and his posse are kept with in the FIAT fold. Thanks for the update in your thread architect. Hoping for the things to improve from now on.
Old 28th August 2011, 16:45   #6
Senior - BHPian

Nawab Motors has shut shop 2-3 yrs back in Noida and now they are Honda dealers in GGN.

Oberoi Motors is Tata dealer and a big one in Dehradun and they have 3-4 other dealerships and pretty experienced
Old 2nd September 2011, 13:13   #7
BHPian

I used to get my Vista serviced from SANYA, actually bought the car from there. Living in South Delhi which service center would the fellow members recommend?

my vista is due 40K service in two weeks time. as of now thinking of oberoi (noida) but pointers to other other service centers (rather i would say service advisors) who do not try to extract moolah from you, give geniuine advise and quality and timely work are my prime requirements.

All threads related to TASC/TASS on team-bhp are atleast 2-3 years old and i think it would not be correct of me to take my decision of switching the service center post closure of SANYA on those threads.
Old 2nd September 2011, 23:57   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_arya View Post
Living in South Delhi which service center would the fellow members recommend?
I think Sanya and A-One have both shut shop. The only two names that come to my mind apart from Oberoi in Noida is Him Motors (Patparganj) and Autolinks (Vasant Kunj??). Ask Suman, he used to be an Autolinks regular with his Safari that he's just sold.
Old 5th September 2011, 17:55   #9
BHPian

Guys i need to get service my pre-owned Visa QJD (38K kms) in upcoming week, please suggest a TASC where should i head to? I've no experience with TASC in NCR. What are your views regarding Automobile Sterling, Oberoi, HIM Motors, Autolink (as discussed above) and Rachna Motors (Badli){a relative of mine has good relationship with them}.
Old 5th September 2011, 23:58   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulgoel View Post
Guys i need to get service my pre-owned Visa QJD (38K kms) in upcoming week, please suggest a TASC where should i head to? I've no experience with TASC in NCR. What are your views regarding Automobile Sterling, Oberoi, HIM Motors, Autolink (as discussed above) and Rachna Motors (Badli){a relative of mine has good relationship with them}.
Going by your location (Greater Noida), the best place for you would be Dynamic at Sector 63 Noida. If you want a personal reference with Dynamic, send a private message to anupam00 on this forum.
Old 8th September 2011, 20:52   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Going by your location (Greater Noida), the best place for you would be Dynamic at Sector 63 Noida. If you want a personal reference with Dynamic, send a private message to anupam00 on this forum.
Thanks for the suggestion, but from my place Auto Sterling and Oberoi would be nearby than Dynamic. I would prefer to visit a TASC where the work is best rather its proximity. Also people have complained about Dynamic and Sterling's work on this forum, so where to look for among these TASCs ?
Old 8th September 2011, 23:11   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulgoel View Post
Thanks for the suggestion, but from my place Auto Sterling and Oberoi would be nearby than Dynamic. I would prefer to visit a TASC where the work is best rather its proximity. Also people have complained about Dynamic and Sterling's work on this forum, so where to look for among these TASCs ?
I have no idea about Sterling. My knowledge through the network of Fiat owners that I interact with tells me that Dynamic is okay. I can say that with a personal reference from anupam00, your work will get done at the best Dynamic can offer you (Anupam is also a Greater Noida resident).

Authorised Service is more about personal relationship and interaction with the works manager, service advisor (atleast in Tata-Fiat).

The system is to begin at a good TASC with a personal reference and build your own rapport. I know it is not a great way to do things, but sadly that's how I have seen things happen. Dynamic has bailed me out twice with non-availability of Fiat parts (even over the counter sale, which is not allowed in TASC) knowing fully well that I patronise Elegant Cars, purely on the basis of Anupam's request. Similarly, I have helped Anupam (who's a Dynamic regular) get OTC parts from Elegant, even though he is a Dynamic regular.

When companies like Tata-Fiat offer below par service support, we have no alternative but to form a strong network of owners to help each other by building good rapport with Service Managers and Service Advisors at different places. If these guys are decent people (which they often are), they value customers and help them.

Last edited by architect : 8th September 2011 at 23:12.
Old 12th September 2011, 20:08   #13
BHPian

hey I'm unable pm to anupam00 as I don't have sufficient privileges :( may I have his chat/mail id so that I can contact him through it? Another thing to ask that I bought Mobil Delvac 1, so would they put it without any problem? My car is out of warranty now.
Old 16th September 2011, 14:17   #14
BHPian

no response yet... ? architect do you have anupam00's contact information? please help me as i'm unable to contact him and i ahve only this weekend to get the car serviced. my cell no. is 8750364622 rahulgoel06@gmail.com

P.S.: is there any independent workshop in NCR that have expertise in servicing Quadrajet/ Multijet/ DDiS engines/cars...?
Old 17th September 2011, 14:10   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
Nawab Motors has shut shop 2-3 yrs back in Noida and now they are Honda dealers in GGN.

Oberoi Motors is Tata dealer and a big one in Dehradun and they have 3-4 other dealerships and pretty experienced

Just FYI: Oberai Dehdradun & Noida are different- owned by Different no relation people.

Noida Oberai owned by texla tv if your remember.

Thanks & Regards
Anupam
anupam00 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks