Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2012, 22:54   #61
BHPian

Re: ‘Torque Automotive have sold me a used car’ - Yet another Skoda story

Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D View Post
Isn't it improper to entirely blame Skoda outright? ....have caught hold of the "wrong" dealers....that would have definitely shown in their build quality and technology....IMHO, the resolution lies in identifying the culprits aka 'dealers'
It is only proper to blame Skoda and nobody else, not even the bad skoda dealers outright. If Skoda cannot get hold of the "right" dealers, it has no business portraying a professional image. I mean common, you take all the investment a dealer brings in and you don't bother about your face tomorrow. Who other than SKODA can be blamed?

Resolution lies in identifying culprits aka wrong dealers? Anyone would be better off putting down their hard earned money on a reputed manufacturer and right dealer than worrying about why they bought a problematic Skoda.

Each model of Skoda except the octavia has reliability issues. Fabia engine stalls in the 1.4 petrol, and compression lost in the 1.2 petrol. Old superb petrol not having spares anywhere, hence almost every dealership having rusting old petrol superbs. New superb has had many engine and gearbox failures. Pre facelift Laura has had famous AC problems and multiple part failures (lemon only), Old octavia combi has got spares issue.

Selling mostly good and value for money products should not make anyone feel that their flopped products/variants can be forgotten.
Old 16th March 2012, 14:23   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford5 View Post
It is only proper to blame Skoda and nobody else, not even the bad skoda dealers outright.
Resolution lies in identifying culprits aka wrong dealers? Anyone would be better off putting down their hard earned money on a reputed manufacturer and right dealer than worrying about why they bought a problematic Skoda.
Each model of Skoda except the octavia has reliability issues. Fabia engine stalls in the 1.4 petrol, and compression lost in the 1.2 petrol. Pre facelift Laura has had famous AC problems and multiple part failures (lemon only), Old octavia combi has got spares issue.
Selling mostly good and value for money products should not make anyone feel that their flopped products/variants can be forgotten.

I agree with some of your statements above (the non-bolded ones). It's the bolded phrases that I'd like to express MY OPINION on.

Let's not get into the classic Skoda bashing here, as it's already been beaten to death here by many members many times. Thankfully, all of that have been factors enough for all prospectice Skoda buyers, including myself. But, let's get to the bottom of it. Everyone has that one self-convincing hymn from the heart which often times wins over the head at crucial times likes deciding between cars. That's another debatable topic but, let's keep off that now. At least, it's true in the case of people who go in for a Skoda despite all the piles of bashing here.

You've selectivley chosen a set of Skoda cars that have been phased off for the very reason they had to be shelved. The Fabia 1.4, the BS3 Fabia 1.2 3pot, Pre-facelift Laura, etc. There are models as the current Laura variants, vRSs, the Fabia 1.6 itself, which have stood its times. Reliability is another issue altogether and any other brand out there is subject to one too. I mean, agreed the Skoda threads definitely succeed in bringing it under the limelight, but there are umpteen threads out there which question the reliability of other brands too.

I go by the principle that IF it can be built, it CAN BE fixed. THIS is where Skoda needs to pull its pants and learn from competitors. This aspect of reliability is the only one that I agree with you on. If the authorized service center CANNOT fix the issue, the customer is doomed. BUT, I differ on your statement that this is true with all service centers. I, for one, have experienced the difference in quality of service at two different centers in the same city and choose one over another. While one of them echoes the same woes that open up avenues for bashing here on TBHP, the other one has truly been a saver for me attending to the service needs of my vehicle. Although, Skoda is surely responsible for monitoring these centers, but at the same time, the dealers need to be committed too.

Having said that all, there's little the customers are left with to choose from if you're heart's won over the head because nothing else seems to please you like the Skoda does for a little above the same buck if not lesser.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 16th March 2012 at 23:39. Reason: fixed quotes
Old 16th March 2012, 15:58   #63
BHPian

Quote:
You've selectivley chosen a set of Skoda cars that have been phased off for the very reason they had to be shelved. The Fabia 1.4, the BS3 Fabia 1.2 3pot, Pre-facelift Laura, etc...I go by the principle that IF it can be built, it CAN BE fixed....because nothing else seems to please you like the Skoda does for a little above the same buck if not lesser.
You've selectively left out the current Superb petrol which apart from the good things in it, is also known for going kaput viz DSG box, (no concrete solution, as Skoda imports the failed mechatronic thing and the car is good for nothing till then) and a few 3.6 Awd variants petrol engines stalling. Does discontinuing a variant mean problems won't happen on the yet to be affected cars, for example 1.2 Skoda fabias failing now after being bought almost 2 years ago, and when warranty runs out? Can the buyer say, oh it's ok it's a discontinued variant so I should not make a fuss. Again Skoda imports the faulty engine part from Czech, and till everything is fixed the car is well.... not a skoda. Dejavu?

Mechanical things are man made, and they are bound to go wrong I agree, but what happens when it can be fixed but Skoda says take a walk. Whats the big idea in believing you bought something over something else and at the end of the day that something fails? Your Skoda is going good I have nothing but happiness for you and wish you enjoy your car till it lasts, but I'm talking about non petrol heads and average people who get shortchanged and don't know what to do, most of the times because the heart got cheated.

And talking of my experience at a dealer level, boy i remember the time at tafe when the old management was there and a mid level executive behaved as if my friend had wantedly banged his octavia RS while in service, wherein we had a laugh and then informed those guys that their driver had done the damage.
Old 30th April 2012, 23:25   #64
Senior - BHPian

Skoda should take responsibility of its dealership....there are no shortcuts in price yet quality sensitive Indian market. Maruti has done it by providing good service to its customers even if one just own a humble 800.
Senior BHPs (since they have contacts in the Industry - as they always get invited in the test drives and reviews) should bring issues to the notice of the manufacturers (not in all the cases but atleast where ever they merit).
There have been several instances which are reported and hundreds more out of this and other forums wherein the customer is suffering and nothing gets reported.
A beginning to set the course correct will be a welcome move.....
What say members ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks