Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2011, 17:51   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

re: VW Vento: Service Experiences (every 15k km) across dealerships

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
I think you should give a detailed feedback to VW about this.

Also the mileage for my vehicle has improved by leaps and bounds now. Earlier I was getting 15 kmpl during my drive to work. Now it is 17kmpl even with a lot of spirited pick ups.

Waiting to see your bill and the charges levied. Please scan and put it up here. Would help everybody.
Agree completely.

Already I have started floating the VW Servicing related threads (this one, the ones on VW Downtown, VW Hyderabad) to non TBhp friends who own Vento / Polo etc; and have asked them to do the same when their servicing comes up.
Old 22nd July 2011, 12:00   #32
BHPian

Quote:
I think you should give a detailed feedback to VW about this.

Also the mileage for my vehicle has improved by leaps and bounds now. Earlier I was getting 15 kmpl during my drive to work. Now it is 17kmpl even with a lot of spirited pick ups.

Waiting to see your bill and the charges levied. Please scan and put it up here. Would help everybody.

Posting the scanned copy of the Tax invoice for the 1 st service done for Vento @ Global Gallarie Motors Pvt. Ltd. Thane.

VW Vento: Service Experiences (every 15k km) across dealerships-vw-vento-service-charges.png

One glaring difference is that I have been charged for Washing @ Rs 650 whereas there is no such charge levied @ Bglore.

Second Wheel Balancing and allignment was not done @ Thane as the lone guy in charge of doing this very complex activity was on leave as per the Service advisor. Feel sorry for VW that they have spent a lot on training the workshop staff and then their customers are getting such responses.Part of the problem is that the staff dont realize that they are dealing with informed customers and hence make a mess on the exception handling front by blurting out one lie after the other. Stop doing this.

Did some comparison on the prices of spares. Rate quoted below is exclusive of Vat. Dont know why the difference. Do other local levies come into play ??

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Part[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Bangalore[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Thane[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Air Filter[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]315.78[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]275.56[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Oil Filter[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]323.31[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]327.11[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Pollen Filter[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]677[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]635.47[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Windscreen Wash[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]87.72[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]226.98[/SIZE][/FONT]

One thing is very clear there is absolutely no standardization on the levy of Labour charges.They should have atleast had a standard price fixed for the Overall Service or at least have a standard head of exp.

I am trying to get the Email id of Dr John Chacko MD VW India so that i can share this exp.There is no point in selling a superb car if you cannot back it with good after sales service exp.No point in spending a fortune on training staff if they lack a service mindset.

On the positve side i must say that on account of the training given by VW the mechanics have done a very good job.Overall Performance of the car on all fronts has improved and I am expecting a marginal increase in mileage.
Old 24th July 2011, 19:19   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

In the so called free services offered by other manufacturers whats exactly done free? I am under the impression that only the labour charges are waived off right? They will still charge you for any oil or fluid that you might want to change right??
Old 25th July 2011, 17:38   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
In the so called free services offered by other manufacturers whats exactly done free? I am under the impression that only the labour charges are waived off right? They will still charge you for any oil or fluid that you might want to change right??
You are right only Labour charges are waived off and consumables like Oils etc are charged. There are some exceptions though like the Totally free service packages offered by GM for Spark. Don't know if this offer is still on.
Old 25th July 2011, 21:31   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So Finally I have got the bill scanned and got time to write the review of the first service. Apologies for being late on this, I know how you guys are waiting for the bill to be here
Belated thanks for sharing , 8306/- full and final amount once in 15K is great news .

Quote:
Though there are a lot of things in the service cost which I don’t think is justified
Well the labour charges seem to be on the higher side. I am using this thread to show one bill for a repair work done by a VW workshop in Kolkatta for my friends Vento which was dented by a cab. They charged 11788 for replacing the front bumper and grille and touching up the paint a couple of places ( minor) work . As you would note , the cost of parts work out to 5413 /- ( 3125 for bumper and 2288 for the grille) which is astonishingly low for a VW but the rub comes when we look at the labour charges which is 5375 !

Coming back to your 15K service experience , its pretty reassuring on the cost and the service level . Its time we start enjoying the owning experience , our anxities show that we are still recovering from the scars of the buying experience
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Vento Service Bill.pdf (51.2 KB, 920 views)
Old 2nd August 2011, 15:11   #36
BHPian

Got a call from the VW Mumbai office for a feedback on the first service done by Bangalore Motors Pvt Ltd. These were the concerns raised by me.

1) The interior dashboard etc were not polished. Even Maruti and Tata does this
2) The service cost seems to be on the higher side
3) How come there is a difference in service costs and the tasks carried out for first service across different service centers ?
4) I asked for a standard rates for service charges approved by VW

for the above concerns, I again got a call from somebody higher in VW, I was assured that they are working on it and all my questions would be answered, they took my email address for a reply to the above.

Feels good when you are being heard.

Will keep this updated
Old 29th December 2011, 19:50   #37
BHPian

Hi. I'm new hear. My 2nd post. So please forgive any errors.
Mods if this must be started in a new thread pls let me know.

Got my VW Vento TDI HL serviced ( 1st service) at Worldclass Automobiles, Motinagar, New Delhi ( the same guys i bought my car from) on 13 dec 2011.
Went on 12 dec 2011 around 5pm to give the car after taking an appointment for the same. Apparently the service centre only accepts cars after 10am so had to give it in the evening the previous day ( My hospital starts at 8 am).
The service advisor allocated to me was Mr. Parvinder. very nice fellow.
took around 25 min to complete the process.
Demanded repairs ( Customer Voice) -- their terminology
1. 15000 km service
2. wheel alignment
3. wheel balancing
4. synthetic lubrication
5. stereo volume knob not working properly
6. wiper nozzle adjustment
7. vehicle not locking after 15KMPH
8. surface refinement.

Of these I had demanded all except 4. It later turned out to be the lubrication of all joints etc and cost me rs 386 in final bill.

The service advisor (SA) had no idea regarding auto arming of central locking after 15KMPH. But he was not rigid like some other SA's I've come across and agreed to mention it in Job Sheet and discuss it with their VAS guy.

Rest all was routine except stereo volume knob. I once hit it and its a bit off centre now on carefull examination. So it is tight in part of its rotation and normal elsewhere. -- Could not be resolved.

The car was promised to me by 2.00 pm on 13 dec. I told them that I will come around 5pm to pick it up.

Also met one of their insurance guys and got my insurance policy renewed. Previosly I had zero depreciation cover with Icici but now opted for zero dep cover of Bharti-Axa as the premium was almost 4000 cheaper with same configuration. Apparently Icici was giving less discount. Besides, Bharti also has pan India cashless tie up with VW like Icici. So no problems there I hope.

On 13th got held up in the hospital so could reach the agency only at 7pm. Though they close at 6pm the SA agreed to wait for me. Impressive.
The car was ready when I reached. Spic and span. All gleaming. They really know how to get it to shine again like new.
All the work was in order. Once I had inspected it , they prepared the bill and all formalities were completed in a breeze.

Very impressed. esp after skoda's horror shows.

Total damages -- 10.948.00

Scans of invoice are attached.
The four Items under head "STICKER" are software updates for:
1. cold start noise problem
2. Left veering of power steering.
3. and 4. some other ECU updates.
The stickers were stuck in the boot in the spare wheel well.

On the whole a very pleasant experience.
I will recommend the guy, Mr Parvinder, to all the members. Really knows his job, and is willing to accept and find out what he doesn't know. A rare quality in the " I Know All" world of service advisors. If anyone needs his number I can give it to you.

Next week got a feedback solicitation call from VW.

Also found out VW has installed kiosks ay all its service centres where a customer can give instant feedback. yet to try it but way to go VW!!
Attached Images
File Type: bmp Pg1.bmp (933.4 KB, 6577 views)
File Type: bmp Pg2.bmp (904.3 KB, 1998 views)
risham is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th December 2011, 09:46   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

One-post summary of VW First Servicing Experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by risham View Post
Hi. I'm new hear. My 2nd post. So please forgive any errors.
@Risham,
How appropriate of you to dig out this thread and post your service experience out here. This thread was initiated with that intent, but somehow we all forgot about it.

On the outright, your bill seems a bit high - guess the 1k odd for the wheel balancing and 1k for the 3MPoly Glaze are the additions to most other servicing experiences on this forum, and hence the increased bill amount. Find it ridiculous that they even billed you (20Rs) for battery water. Even a good roadside garage gives it for free most of the times.

However its the overall experience it matters, and in that matter, they came out with flying colors, if I go by your post.

Edit: Quoting other people's service experiences to create a one-thread option for other Vento users. @EvilShantanu's experience is already there on this thread, if I have missed anyone's service experience, please add them.

Noopster
Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Completed my 15,000 km/1year service last week. I got it done from the BU Bhandari folks whose service shop is at Wakad, not far from my place of work.

Overall experience: positive.

The estimate was 7K odd and the final bill was 8012/-
Souravc
Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Got my first service done , the car has done 14,500 km till date ( today it completes 8 months to the dot )

Service Update

Service centre - Volkswagen , Nerul ( KSM Motors )

Overall it was a good experience , the car was handed over to me with the complete work done . The staff was courteous . Can't comment on timelines being met because i was myself late each way
Naveen.raju
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Completed 15kms and did the 1st service yesterday. A very good experience. Got the car on time and they rectified all issues that I had mentioned.

Excellent work by the service guys. Completely satisfied with the car.
Mikon
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
Mamba went for the first service today.
It was bit early at 14100 Kms, but I went ahead with it.

Attitude was okay with all the people and i'm quite satisfied with the work done.

Final Bill : 7100 INR (which I think is quite reasonable)
Free Lunch was offered !

Last edited by ninjatalli : 30th December 2011 at 09:49.
ninjatalli is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th December 2011, 11:52   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Good work, Ninja. You surpass yourself

I am rather disappointed that VW does not seem to have standard rate cards for spare parts- each dealer charges prices seemingly at whim. This is very similar to their accessories pricing, e.g. reverse sensors fitting cost be 4800/- at VW Pune while someone who did it at KSM, Navi Mumbai paid 3800/- odd. Also, Subodh and my cars are identical (white Vento AT bought within 2 weeks of each other) and his cost 6700/- to service while mine cost 8000/-

And yes- 11K does seem to high!
Old 30th December 2011, 15:55   #40
Senior - BHPian

@ Risham on closer scrutiny of the bill , i find there are 2 curious items which adds to the higher bill

Fuel Filter - this is not the same as oil filter and as mentioned by samarjitdhar seems like VW is replacing it in Ventos . His was replaced free of charge . Now question is whether VW is replacing a faulty part on the sly since the part supposedly has a life of 30k KMs . This one costs Rs 948 /-

3 M Poly Glaze - non standard , is that 3M's car care ? Did you ask for it ? It added Rs 1103 /-

I am concerned about the fuel filter thingie , can you guys check at Pune / Bangalore ?
Old 31st December 2011, 18:02   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
@ Risham on closer scrutiny of the bill , i find there are 2 curious items which adds to the higher bill

Fuel Filter - this is not the same as oil filter and as mentioned by samarjitdhar seems like VW is replacing it in Ventos . His was replaced free of charge . Now question is whether VW is replacing a faulty part on the sly since the part supposedly has a life of 30k KMs . This one costs Rs 948 /-
I had a chat with my service engineer today on this. He said there are two components, one the fuel filter next to the engine the other the oil filter near the tank. The oil filter has a scheduled change during the 2nd service as per VW. The fuel filter that was changed on mine free of cost is of about the same value indicated in the bill for Risham. This was replaced as part of a VW campaign for all Vento TDI cars which might find some sluggishness in the engine at cold start. This is as per the service engineer, there is no official communication from VW to the customers though. Might be a good idea to give a call to your service engineer and get some more details around this. Unfortunately I misplaced the bill but here is a copy of the sticker they put in the trunk next to the toolkit

VW Vento: Service Experiences (every 15k km) across dealerships-12312011384.jpg
samarjitdhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2012, 14:39   #42
BHPian

So the average service cost seems to be around 9K after 15K kms. I know this thread is old, but this happened to pop in my search result when I was looking for service experience and costs, as I am planning to buy a Vento within next one week.

It seems some parts were changed for some of the members here in the first service - e.g., fuel filter or filter element. Is it the same for the 2012 model? The following link shows a different picture - the standard cost for first service is quoted as 6K.

Vento Service costs from CarDekho.com
Old 26th November 2012, 14:02   #43
BHPian

The 45K service is due in a couple of weeks, will be back with the bill and detailed review
Old 26th November 2012, 14:12   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank View Post
It seems some parts were changed for some of the members here in the first service - e.g., fuel filter or filter element. Is it the same for the 2012 model? The following link shows a different picture - the standard cost for first service is quoted as 6K.

Vento Service costs from CarDekho.com
Welcome to the VW group.

Basic servicing cost should be around 8k odd, without any of the extra stuff. This is for both petrol & diesel vehicles. Add wheel alignment, part changes and any additional services, and you'll get the reasoning for the 9-12k costs mentioned on the forum. 2nd & 3rd servicing(s) seem to cost the same more or less.

Also you might want to post your queries on the Vento review thread (if you haven't already), you'll get a faster response there.

Quote:
The 45K service is due in a couple of weeks, will be back with the bill and detailed review
Good to see the km progress Do have a chat with @mikon if needed - his 3rd servicing came out to a quite a decent sum - 8k only!
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2012, 10:46   #45
BHPian

Just gave the shadowfax for 3rd Service (45,000 km). The bad part is that since the service center for downtown VW is closed now ( thank god for that). The only appointment available at the palace cross service center was for the first week of January 2013. Since I plan to take the car to Goa on new years, I had to give it to VW Whitefield, their service center is operational since 1 month and have serviced approximately 70 ventos.

Now the experience, since they are in the process of recruitment, they just have 1 SA right now. Now that dies not instill a lot of confidence. I had to wait for about 40 min to be attended. That never happened with palace cross. Let's see how they do the job now.

I am frustrated with VW, how are they selling the cars if they don't have adequate number of SC for the maintenance.

Most Viewed