Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2012, 22:55   #46
BHPian

re: VW Vento: Service Experiences (every 15k km) across dealerships

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
I had to give it to VW Whitefield, their service center is operational since 1 month and have serviced approximately 70 ventos.

Now the experience, since they are in the process of recruitment, they just have 1 SA right now.
I had visited their showroom while I was in the process of buying my Vento. Except one eager SE (he did follow-up quite a bit), who seemed like a new recruit, other folks in the showroom seemed quite unenthused seeing a customer walking in. I was told then (early November) that the service center had been operational for a month. I am surprised that they still have 1 SA!

Elite Motors, Hosur Road, from whom I finally bought my car, did not have their service center operational when I got the car. Was told that the service center would open soon after some pending "environment clearances" are done, when I took delivery (this was a month back). Not sure if they are operational yet (will check).

Though my first service is good 11 months and 13K Kms away, I am worried about the servicing options. Wonder whats going on with VW dealerships (atleast in Bangalore).
Old 11th December 2012, 19:47   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Summarized posts of recent VW Servicing experiences

Ah,
Time to do some community work and garner a few thanks. PFA a few old and recent servicing records.

Yes, yes, go on - click the thanks button. I know you want to! Be a man!

User: Subodh
Servicing : First

User: El lobo 61

User: Ninjatalli

User: Rachit.K.Dogra

User: Pillainp

User: Clevermax's friend (non-bhpian)

User: Mikon
Servicing : Second

User: Noopster

User: Nikesh

User: Mikon
Servicing : Third
ninjatalli is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 28th May 2013, 14:39   #48

re: VW Vento: Service Experiences (every 15k km) across dealerships

SECOND SERVICE UPDATE

I got my Vento Petrol Highline’s Second Service done last week. I left the car at VW Palace Cross Rajajinagar center for Service on 23rd and got it back on 25th May morning.

I reached the service center at 10:30 am. I was attended by a service advisor Mr Praveen. He also informed me that there was a Summer camp going on where they check the AC performance free of cost and also there was a discount of 10% on the accessories. This camp is on till 31st May.

It was a normal service as I did not have any issues except the water seepage issue in the rear right side door. The SA said that he will check the beeding and reset the door and problem should be solved. I need to check if the issue is resolved during the next car wash. I also asked them activate the Auto lock at 15 KMH. I asked them not to do the Wheel Alignment and Balancing.

My car was due for Seat frame change and Steering Wiring Harness. The Seat Frames were not in stock and the SA told me that he will call me once the stock arrives.

Total Damage – Rs 8,563
Old 8th January 2014, 23:51   #49
BHPian

Re: Summarized posts of recent VW Servicing experiences

I guess it would be nice to add "City" and "latest date" too...

I have been desperately trying to find out which service station to approach for first service of my Vento HL TDi. And I had no idea it would be such a task
FireFoot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 14:43   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: VW Vento: Service Experiences (every 15k km) across dealerships

This thread has been neglected for a while, so thought I'd spice things up now that someone's bumped it!

Here's my Vento AT's 45,000 km/3 year service report from November.

This is ninjatalli's 45k service experience on his TDI.

Another old-timer on the Vento threads, souravc reports nothing exceptional either here.

mikon's Trendline TDI is close to its 4th service at 58,000 km covered but here's his 3rd service experience.

nikesh is the only one I could find who's completed his 60,000km/4th service and thankfully his experience seems unremarkable.

On the whole, it seems these are the conclusions:
- Vento costs close to 10,000/- to service once a year/15,000 km
- Cost of synthetic oil is a major component, especially for the TDIs
- AC issues also keep cropping up, though with less regularity it seems than with Skodas. My HVAC was replaced under warranty in second year of ownership.
- AC vents keep breaking off. EVERY Vento owner complains of this. Seriously VW, don't cost-cut where it's so obvious!
- VW service network is in dire need of expansion. Pune, Bangalore have only 2 each. You can only run them against each other so long till they get complacent.
- VW's CRM callbacks after ever service interaction are a good thing. The dealers seem anxious to get the best possible score and it acts as a good check/balance.
- Parts availability is usually dismal. My AC took a month to arrive, others have also reported similar problems.
- Medium-term reliability of TDI engine, AT (first-gen) gearbox and most stuff seems to be good. Sigh of relief but the worst is nigh now that most warranties are expired.

Mod Note: Please feel free to share your opinions and service experiences on this thread. Title has been altered suitably.
noopster is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 14:48   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFoot View Post

I have been desperately trying to find out which service station to approach for first service of my Vento HL TDi. And I had no idea it would be such a task
Bangalore Motors and VW Whitefield in Bangalore
evilshantanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 15:01   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
mikon's Trendline TDI is close to its 4th service at 58,000 km covered
Mikon passed his 60k mark long back before he went to the US of A. Didn't put up a post for the same I guess, but I remember the cost being ~10k with no major part damage/change.

I believe Sourav too is around (or has passed?) the 60k mark.

Edit: PFA a few more service records

User: TopSpeeder
Servicing: 4th

User: ventoman
Servicing: 3rd

User: Rachit.K.Dogra
Servicing: 2nd

User: el lobo 6061
Servicing: 2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFoot View Post
Most of the Vento owner profiles accurately state the cities they are, plus the service details is pretty self explanatory on the date, choice of vendor and service feedback. Anyway @shantanu's revert should clear that up.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 9th January 2014 at 15:14.
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2014, 10:52   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
- VW service network is in dire need of expansion. Pune, Bangalore have only 2 each. You can only run them against each other so long till they get complacent.
Bangalore now has 4 workshops now -- 2 for VW Palace Cross, 1 for VW Whitefield and 1 for VW Downtown. Although I'd completely discount the VW Downtown (Elite Motors) workshop for their consistently poor service.

Quote:
- VW's CRM callbacks after ever service interaction are a good thing. The dealers seem anxious to get the best possible score and it acts as a good check/balance.
Surprisingly I've not got a single post-service call from VW in my two services. Only from the dealer.
nileshch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2014, 16:13   #54
BHPian

The car has clocked 67,XXX kms now. It was not driven for 4months.

Updated the thread :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...00-kms-18.html
Old 28th January 2014, 03:16   #55
BHPian

ninjatalli - thank you for scourging all threads and posting the links here. Very useful.

All - Any experiences with Elite VW service center? I think they are operational now but not sure. Just checking as they are the closest to me and would like any feedback.
Old 20th March 2014, 16:36   #56
Senior - BHPian

Maybe not much people looking for a 1st service experience, but still.

User
: thoma
Servicing: 1st
Service Center: EVM Volkswagen Kottayam, Kerala
Old 6th May 2014, 20:09   #57

I just had my VW Vento Highline TDI go through its first service (1 year or 15000 KM) from Noida Sector 6. I had availed of the pick and drop service which was free. The service advisor had told me earlier that it would cost around Rs. 13000 for just service (without any additional work). I also had Polishing and Drycleaning done which were around Rs. 1500 each. The bill came to Rs. 16,000 (nearly half of the amount was labour cost). I was a bit surprised as to the steep price because when I had bought the vehicle the salesman told me the first servicing bill would come to around Rs. 8000. So guys help me on following queries:

1) Anybody else spent around 16k for first service on VW Vento?
2) Are these service costs going to be higher for next service?
Old 13th May 2014, 11:32   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlal000 View Post
I just had my VW Vento Highline TDI go through its first service (1 year or 15000 KM) from Noida Sector 6. I had availed of the pick and drop service which was free. The service advisor had told me earlier that it would cost around Rs. 13000 for just service (without any additional work). I also had Polishing and Drycleaning done which were around Rs. 1500 each. The bill came to Rs. 16,000 (nearly half of the amount was labour cost). I was a bit surprised as to the steep price because when I had bought the vehicle the salesman told me the first servicing bill would come to around Rs. 8000. So guys help me on following queries:

Was your lock carrier changed?
It should have been around 9K

Nilesh got his car serviced for 45,000 Km and paid 9K
I paid 10K for my 75,000 KM service, where they changed the brake pads as well.

Is it possible to scan your bill and upload it?
Old 13th May 2014, 19:39   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I also had Polishing and Drycleaning done which were around Rs. 1500 each. The bill came to Rs. 16,000 (nearly half of the amount was labour cost).

1) No.
2) Definitely no. Go through the service posts in this thread - average servicing cost has been between 8k to 12k only, irrespective of whichever servicing it was.

Scan your bill and upload it here. Seems to have a lot of extra stuff done.

Quote:
I also had Polishing and Drycleaning done which were around Rs. 1500 each.
These would be some of them. Both un-necessary.
Old 13th May 2014, 19:56   #60
BHPian

Wow. I dont know how even after staying on the forum for so many hours I missed this thread. Thank you so much guys for this thread. This should be such a usefull thread for all the Vento owners.

Well my car is due for the 3rd servicing. Will be getting it done most probably by the next week. Will update this thread as well.

CHEERS!!
Rachit

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks