Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2014, 17:09   #61
BHPian

Re: VW Vento: Service Experiences (every 15k km) across dealerships

My Vento Petrol 1.6 went for its 1st service yesterday with 6.5k on the Odo to VW Hisar(Haryana). The bill was a very reasonable 6004/-. Below is what all they did:

1. Paid Service 782/-
2. Engine Oil 5w-40 3472/-
3. Oil Filter 659/-
4. Air Filter 348/-
5. AC Filter 660/-
6. Wiper Fluid 53/-
Old 23rd June 2014, 01:51   #62
BHPian

Good to see this thread. Quite a few helpful posts that I will refer to for future services. My Vento just completed it's first check up at 7500 kms (7300kms was the actual reading but since I am planning to go on a road trip ~3k km, thought ill get it done earlier). The car was purchased on Feb 8th 2014. Took it to VW Bangalore (Elite Motors) on Hosur Road. The car was purchased from them itself.

he only cost was an oil change that came upto 970 rupees which I feel is pretty cheap. My friend has to pay around 900 each time for his Royal Enfield which has to be serviced every now and then. There were no other issues with the car but I had given them feedback earlier on about how I like the brakes and clutch. Something that I checked with them on a previous visit to fit the seat covers. So this time after the service, the clutch and the brake seem to have more resistance but in a good way. They're still buttery smooth to use but feel sturdier and not flimsy as before. This is mainly applicable to the clutch. I also feel like I'm getting more of torque at lower RPMs compared to before the check up. Not sure if they've acutally tweaked anything or whether it's just in my head. The final change is the ride comfort. The suspension seems to be absorbing shocks more. I'm not sure if they have changed the tire pressure or anything but I've tried to maintain it at 36 PSI most of the time. If the ride has become more comfortable without a change in pressure then thats quite good.

The only thing I hated after the check up was the quality of the wash. I know it's free but if you're washing the car, you expect it to look clean. The windscreen had all sorts of dust and watermarks on it and spots on the body. Doesn't matter since I'll wash it separately anyway but I like to believe if you're doing something, do it well. Hopefully they do a better job next time around.
Old 23rd June 2014, 10:44   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsarma View Post
My Vento just completed it's first check up at 7500 kms...

he only cost was an oil change that came upto 970 rupees which I feel is pretty cheap.
I'm not sure why you were charged 970/- for the first free checkup! For topping up the oil? IMO, the 7500 km checkup is more a dealer's gimmick to bring the customer to the service station and shove some accessories down his throat, though some TDi's have shown some oil drinking by the time. The real first service from Volkswagen is scheduled only at 15k kms or 1 year which costs between ~9k to ~12k.
Old 23rd June 2014, 11:37   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
I'm not sure why you were charged 970/- for the first free checkup!
=============== The real first service from Volkswagen is scheduled only at 15k kms or 1 year which costs between ~9k to ~12k.
Well they did mention upfront that the checkup is free but I will be charged for any replacement or so
Old 26th June 2014, 12:50   #65
BHPian

Just posted my 3rd service experience in my ownership thread.
Here is the link:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3464051
Old 2nd July 2014, 20:41   #66
DRC
BHPian

Sharing my first service experience of my Vento TDI at Bangalore Motors... and a few questions for the gurus.
Service done at 1 year mile stone at about 10500KMs.
All of the work necessary for 1st service, All filters changed, oil changed, Wheel alignment and balancing and rotation done... all looking neat ang gleaming.
Total bill amount 12216, kinda expected! so not much of a surprise.

Now the not so nice parts (food for VW bashers)
1. Out right disappointment, although a minor one. While doing the wheel alignment, they use a tool to lock the steering wheel. all of us know it. This tool has damaged the leather skin of the steering wheel. Guess this part of the training program was in german and the local guys didn't got it right!

2. I was told the brake pads last another 5K kms?! what, the german brake pads last only 15K kms? My fiat ones last 40K kms, even my Maruti ones last about 30K kms. fellow vento owners and long timers please confirm.

3. The bill mentions my next service due date is a year later at about 25K kms, which is a good thing, But...., The service reminder is set to 7500 kms, six months later. This is confusing. or is it. I brought this to the notice of the SA and tried to get it reset. But, he tried and came back saying he is unable to set it to 15000 kms. their tool is not allowing them to set it. I smell fish. again need expert advice from gurus before I can contact VW on this.

4. I checked the oil color there before taking delivery. It was blackish. But it was not as black as it was before service. SA told me diesel engine oil turns black in minutes. Is it true. This is my first diesel car. Please help.
Old 2nd July 2014, 22:46   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC View Post
Guess this part of the training program was in german and the local guys didn't got it right!
That is sad but there is nothing much you can do about it now, a mail to VW would not work as the service is average and you will never get a proper response for this issue, hope you have given a negative feedback for this mistake. In future, i suggest you to get alignment, balancing done from a good reputed tyre shop in your city as they do a much better job at half the cost.

Quote:
I was told the brake pads last another 5K kms?! what, the german brake pads last only 15K kms? My fiat ones last 40K kms, even my Maruti ones last about 30K kms. fellow vento owners and long timers please confirm
That is utter crap, unless you drive rashly every day, there is no way on earth that the pads can wear out so soon. They last easily upto 25k kms, next time one of the front wheel is out for anything, just check the amount od depth remaining on the pads, you can best judge it.

Quote:
I smell fish. again need expert advice from gurus before I can contact VW on this.
No clue but have read that even VW have started this 7500 kms/6 month check up like Skoda. It is not compulsory to take your car for this check up if you can check the oil, coolant levels yourself.

Quote:
I checked the oil color there before taking delivery. It was blackish. But it was not as black as it was before service. SA told me diesel engine oil turns black in minutes. Is it true. This is my first diesel car. Please help.
Dont worry on that front, in diesel engines, the oil will turn black within 1-2 kms of an oil change. When i take the car for service, i ask the VW guys to change the oil first in front of me and then i sit and relax in the customer lounge, they would have changed the oil. You will feel the smoothness in another 100-200 kms.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2014, 07:01   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC View Post

2. I was told the brake pads last another 5K kms?! what, the german brake pads last only 15K kms? My fiat ones last 40K kms, even my Maruti ones last about 30K kms. fellow vento owners and long timers please confirm.
Average pad life on the forum ranges from 25k to 40k. You decide this, he can only recommend. Get outside opinion later if you feel you need it.

Quote:

3. The bill mentions my next service due date is a year later at about 25K kms, which is a good thing, But...., The service reminder is set to 7500 kms, six months later.
Your service manual should have the correct info mentioned (written) by the SA. Which in your case should be ~25k or a year later. Ignore the service reminder if it pops up.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2014, 07:23   #69
DRC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Average pad life on the forum ranges from 25k to 40k. You decide this, he can only recommend. Get outside opinion later if you feel you need it.

I know, for my other cars, it usually lasts 40K. But wondering if VW any different?

Your service manual should have the correct info mentioned (written) by the SA. Which in your case should be ~25k or a year later. Ignore the service reminder if it pops up.
The SA has mentioned my next service due at 25K. But then, I have to live with a "ting" reminder for second half of the year. Why?
Old 3rd July 2014, 08:19   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

People in Mumbai & Pune with RCD 310, fyi & NA please

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
USB cable to connect your ipods & iphones (other than 5/5c/5s) to the stock (RCD 310) music player.

Basically had one, misplaced it, bought a new one, and then found the old one. It works perfectly fine, and is just about a year old.

I'm currently keeping it for Pune & Mumbai bhpians currently - whom I could hand it over in person. PM me if you need this.

Charges: Eak chai of the best tea-joint you can recommend
Old 18th November 2014, 10:55   #71
Senior - BHPian

My Vento goes in for the first year (15000 km) service today @ 11250 kms.

Paid Service which includes oil, oil filter, air filter, interior & exterior cleaning, wheel alignment & balancing and some minor rattling noise and wiper nozzle fixes estimate is around 13,000 including tax.

I have requested the VAS & ECU update. I was informed by the SA that it is recommended every 5000 kms and will be chargeable to the tune of Rs.3250 including taxes! Is that rate correct?

Don't have any other problems with the car as such. Planning on getting a stock replacement K&N sometime next month.
Old 21st November 2014, 03:49   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
I have requested the VAS & ECU update. I was informed by the SA that it is recommended every 5000 kms and will be chargeable to the tune of Rs.3250 including taxes!.
Am i reading it correct? Your SA told you that ecu software update will be charged at 3250 :O, if true then please avoid this service centre at all costs as this seems a big scam.

Ecu software updates are done totally free of cost and you dont even need to pay a penny for it. Its VW's issue that they are releasing updates every few months for better performance/refinement and you should not be paying anything for it.

Would also suggest to get alignment and balancing done outside at a good reputed shop, would cost you half and a much better job would be done. Please say a no to stupid things like UV treatments etc which are used to inflate the bills.
Old 21st November 2014, 07:28   #73
DRC
BHPian

Update on my previous post..
I took the fight to VW and got the service reminder changed to 15000kms. The guy came home to change it.
When I spoke to VW executive, I am told that brake pads waring out so soon is a new phenomena because of new environment norms, now the don't use asbestos anymore. So the service life is reduced. Coincidentally, Now at 15,000kms, I am seeing brakes not as effective
Old 25th March 2015, 12:33   #74
BHPian

1 year service at 7500 kms

I'm due to get my Vento Tsi serviced. It is the first service after 1 year of purchase. I'm being told by Volkswagen Alandur that the total cost will come to 11000/- because they plan to change engine oil, oil filter, air filter. I was also told that if I don't get this done then my future warranties will not be honoured since these changes are mandatory!

Anyone has any inputs please?
Old 25th March 2015, 15:50   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 1 year service at 7500 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortsell View Post
I'm due to get my Vento Tsi serviced. It is the first service after 1 year of purchase. I'm being told by Volkswagen Alandur that the total cost will come to 11000/- because they plan to change engine oil, oil filter, air filter. I was also told that if I don't get this done then my future warranties will not be honoured since these changes are mandatory!

Anyone has any inputs please?
That sounds about right. 10K per year for service is the norm.

Completed my Vento 1.6 MFI AT's 60,000 km/4 year service recently at BUB, Pune. Nothing major except a front suspension issue for which link rods needed changing (about 12K additional damages). Car feels much tighter after this change.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed