Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2011, 21:53   #16
BHPian

Re: Carnation - Hadapsar experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Thanks Chetan for the detailed report. And do update the thread with the response that you get for the email that you sent.

One question - Any specific reason for going to Carnation? Did anyone else had a good experience with it and recommend it to you?
Ok..
I went to Carnation because I'm not usually here in Pune..and wanted some decent reputed garage close to my parent's house where my parents can give our cars for servicing and not getting duped etc when I'm not around. Also they could sit in AC while waiting etc and get pickup/drop facility close to their house ..
Also my dad was pretty impressed with Khattar and thought this would be worth it
So this workshop was close and apparently looked good so I gave it a try.
chetanhanda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 22:00   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Chetan, Your experience says it all. Not that I ever intend to go to Carnation and let these silly monkeys touch my car, but thanks for a heads up and a useful post nevertheless.

Cheers!
Old 13th July 2011, 23:07   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackparag View Post
Well, Just today I called up the Carnation guys at Chembur to fix up an appointment to get my Esteem serviced (40K service). Have got an appointment for Friday. Its the first time I am giving my car to Carnation. Now I wonder what to do?

Thanks for this thread Chetan
I dont want to discourage you ..but do you know what needs to be done at 40K and will you be able to verify if they did it right based on their track record ?
Old 14th July 2011, 05:54   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetanhanda View Post
Mayank seems you were lucky so far ..can you list out for us what you got done from them ?
I guess so, with so many folks having trouble with Carnation at least i need to watch out in future. Please look at my ownership thread and i have listed what all repairs have been done on the car (And there are quiet a few of them)
Old 14th July 2011, 10:38   #20
BHPian

Quote:
I dont want to discourage you ..but do you know what needs to be done at 40K and will you be able to verify if they did it right based on their track record ?
In one word, 'No' which is why I think I should go back to my good ol' Fortpoint. I was keen on trying out Carnation, but such stories help me stay away from them.
Old 14th July 2011, 22:44   #21
BHPian

Small update : clutch pedal was also tightened too much.., I have loosened it now.
Old 1st August 2011, 11:36   #22
Senior - BHPian

I guess I missed this thread, but let me also add a negative experience.

2011 beginning - I had given my car for servicing at Hadapsar - pretty close to my office - so I thought it would be very convenient.

However, actual service done?
ZERO in my opinion.
They had some promotional car wash and wax/polish offer also - which I agreed to club it in.

After the service is over - I see that my car is total dirty and dusty from outside. I ask about the wash wax polish thing - and their response is that since it was parked outside - I cannot make out the polishing. Of course it was only after I took the vehicle and saw the water drop pattern - I realized nothing has been done.

Similarly they had identified few parts for replacement. I told them get the parts ready - since I am just next door - I would bring the car as soon as you bring in the part.
I believe more than 6 months have passed and they haven't come back.

But yeah for sure their customer review department rings me up regularly for feedback - I give the same canned response that your ppl have not reverted yet with available spares - So it is a negative feedback.

But no effect till now.

One more thing is that - whenever I have given my vehicle to Deccan Honda - when I drive it feels a lot smoother.
Somehow it didn't happen at Carnation.

Probably then didn't charge in good engine oil?
Old 18th August 2011, 13:50   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
I guess I missed this thread, but let me also add a negative experience.

2011 beginning - I had given my car for servicing at Hadapsar - pretty close to my office - so I thought it would be very convenient.

However, actual service done?
ZERO in my opinion.
They had some promotional car wash and wax/polish offer also - which I agreed to club it in.

After the service is over - I see that my car is total dirty and dusty from outside. I ask about the wash wax polish thing - and their response is that since it was parked outside - I cannot make out the polishing. Of course it was only after I took the vehicle and saw the water drop pattern - I realized nothing has been done.

Similarly they had identified few parts for replacement. I told them get the parts ready - since I am just next door - I would bring the car as soon as you bring in the part.
I believe more than 6 months have passed and they haven't come back.

But yeah for sure their customer review department rings me up regularly for feedback - I give the same canned response that your ppl have not reverted yet with available spares - So it is a negative feedback.

But no effect till now.

One more thing is that - whenever I have given my vehicle to Deccan Honda - when I drive it feels a lot smoother.
Somehow it didn't happen at Carnation.

Probably then didn't charge in good engine oil?
Im 100% sure they didnt service your car.
They cant service India's most common car ..a basic Maruti 800, they just dont have the mecahnics.
I am sure they didnt bother doing anything with your Honda;
Im also thinking that they didnt get the parts because they wouldn't know what do with your Honda . Its easy to get parts, its just that they wouldnt have a qualified technician to fit them or even have the right tools is my 1st guess.
Probably they must be thinking why take up something they cant manage.

If you dont belevei me: a friendly suggestion for you- next time just talk to their service engineer and find out how much he knows about Honda engines and their internals ?
Start with the basics, Im sure he will not even know if your particular model is Vtec, 2 valve, 4 valve..sohc, dohc ..ddis, 4x4, diesel ?
chetanhanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2011, 11:10   #24
BHPian

moved to Carnation Bangalore Experience

Last edited by Rajesh1968 : 8th September 2011 at 11:14. Reason: Wrong Title
Old 8th September 2011, 11:50   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Ok..
I went to Carnation because I'm not usually here in Pune..and wanted some decent reputed garage close to my parent's house where my parents can give our cars for servicing and not getting duped etc when I'm not around. Also they could sit in AC while waiting etc and get pickup/drop facility close to their house ..
Also my dad was pretty impressed with Khattar and thought this would be worth it
So this workshop was close and apparently looked good so I gave it a try.
Couldn't understand why not M.A.S.S? That is one of the first good thing of being in MS family. If not a local well known mech/garage then M.A.S.S is still a good place to visit.
Old 8th September 2011, 13:07   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadabhi View Post
Couldn't understand why not M.A.S.S? That is one of the first good thing of being in MS family. If not a local well known mech/garage then M.A.S.S is still a good place to visit.
Because there is none close by.
This was the closest to us and very convenient.

Most Viewed