Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2006, 14:53   #1
DRC
BHPian

SHP Bosch Garage - Bangalore

This is a garage review, but could not find a better place.

All, This sunday, I ventured out to test the waters about this question.

Sundaram, Already known result. So this week.. BOSCH.
Visited the SPH Bosch, a little farther the Hebbal Flyover.

The guy is newly setting up. And the he seems to have all the equipment needed. Since he is new, not so big clientele, so I had the liberty to go without an appointment and yet get the work done.

Atmosphere, Friendly.. people there try to help you meanwhile, sell their service.

Technically, There seems to be well knowledgable guys there..showed ability to track the problem precisely and offer the solution. For good or bad, they refere the books for everything. either very methodical, or still learning.

Attention to detail, The way they washed my car, I felt, the are good at what they do.
I happened to see an Indica, on which they had done a paint job, I felt it was better than the job what TATA/FIAT had originally done on the car. Honestly I liked the smooth finish.

Let down: they used the diesel oil to shine the plastic door mould (outer), used Kerosene spray to dislodge the tar underbody, which spilled over on the brake discs, which caused spongy breakes for a while. Spares have lead time.

What I got done:
Wash: That was very thorough.. A lot better than the job Sundaram guys used to do. removed the wheels put on th hoist and gave a nice bath my car. I wish they use shapoo of my choice. they also took pain to empty the whole of my clumsy boot and put back in order again. successfully removed the tar specs aroung the fenders,

Rattle removal: 50% of an year old rattles were removed. Gues whatt, most of them were from the front left door.

That tick tick sound: I mentioned in the other thread!, that guy had a first look at that and declared, break caliper. Also found the break pads had worn out but they did not have them in stock. but he fixed them back without the play, and the tick tick is gone.

I am impressed.

Next week or so, I will also try RAC, whom ever I find better, I will srtick to them.
Old 13th February 2006, 15:34   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hey, Thanks for the review. I was waiting for one on Bosch service centers. How about the price factor? Was it value enough, compared to other options?

GTO
Old 13th February 2006, 17:48   #3
DRC
BHPian

GTO, I thought it is too early to comment, but for what all I got done, damage was 325 bucks
Old 13th February 2006, 18:17   #4
DRC
BHPian

Sorry for the disaster...
It is SHP and not SPH.. sorry I mis-spelt
Old 13th February 2006, 19:28   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
GTO, I thought it is too early to comment, but for what all I got done, damage was 325 bucks

That is stupendously cheap!! U lucky...
Old 13th February 2006, 20:33   #6
BHPian

Good show

[quote=DRC]This is a garage review, but could not find a better place.

Quote:
Technically, There seems to be well knowledgable guys there..showed ability to track the problem precisely and offer the solution. For good or bad, they refere the books for everything. either very methodical, or still learning.
Since they handle all types of cars, its sensible to look into the books each time. Most dealers do the same job on the same car repeatedly which makes them thorough and probably careless. Refering to books is Cool. The very fact they have these Readings itself shows their intent.

Quote:
What I got done:
Wash: That was very thorough.. A lot better than the job Sundaram guys used to do. removed the wheels put on th hoist and gave a nice bath my car. I wish they use shapoo of my choice. they also took pain to empty the whole of my clumsy boot and put back in order again. successfully removed the tar specs aroung the fenders,
Next time you could probably carry your own shampoo.

Quote:
Rattle removal: 50% of an year old rattles were removed. Gues whatt, most of them were from the front left door.
Most rattles disappear when the vehicle is washed because water acts as a lubricant for a short while. Real results will show only after 2-3 days

Quote:
I am impressed.
Thats great news because thats what matters the most.
Quote:

Next week or so, I will also try RAC, whom ever I find better, I will srtick to them.
Waiting for the vital feed back. Something tells me you stick to Bosch
Old 14th February 2006, 17:01   #7
DRC
BHPian

Soccer, That a good review on a review...
Got a call from Aditya and will be there at RAC this saturday...
Post the update here

I may lean towards Bosch because it is easy to drive there. None the less, I will try out the RAC!
Old 2nd July 2009, 08:12   #8
BHPian

Any idea if these guys are still in business? I don't see them listed on the Bosch website. I'm looking for a Bosch service center in North Bangalore.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks