Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2013, 01:06   #136
BHPian

Re: Can we trust Maruti True Value Dealers ?

I remember an incident told by one of my relative. He sold his 1999 Zen with 1 lac kms to True Value. Couple of days later his friend saw the car with the dealer and it had less kms on the odometer and the price was jacked up considerable.

I also don't trust the X-no. point inspection these dealers claim to check on the used cars.

3 months after buying a M800 from True Value I found that the engine mount was rusted and must be replaced urgently. We contacted True Value and though they were hesitant to replace it under warranty, they later did it for free.
josejoseph is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2013, 23:44   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Signed forms original copy is with me, only the photocopy i have given. Is that fine?
I think that is fine, but why are they not giving you the payment instantly. They should issue you the cheque then and there. I have sold two cars at True value and they give you the payment and take the car back. They were courteous enough to drop me back home.
Old 8th November 2022, 06:18   #138
BHPian

Have anyone sold their car to Truvalue? Want to know their payment process. I have been told it will take 3 days after I handover the car and documents. Is this the case while others are doing RTGS on the same day?
Old 11th November 2022, 12:45   #139
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Have anyone sold their car to Truvalue? Want to know their payment process. I have been told it will take 3 days after I handover the car and documents. Is this the case while others are doing RTGS on the same day?
You can trust the Truevalue dealers with payments. They are like any Maruti dealers.

But, don't expect to find a 100% fuss free vehicle.
mithun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2022, 12:59   #140
BHPian

From personal experience - they are (or rather were, not sure if their standards improved later) like any other used-car dealer.

Having bought my 1st car - 1997 model M800 from them way back in 2005 for 1Lakh Rupees, can vouch they are as good/bad as any other.

Ownership xfr etc. was trouble-free, but car & engine was not well-maintained & it stalled on multiple occasions during my 2.5year ownership, putting me into considerable trouble.

Ultimately had to let it go for 60K, after 2.5years of substandard ownership experience.

Thankfully, haven't had to deal with them since then.
KrisTvpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2022, 19:16   #141
Senior - BHPian

It is better to buy a used vehicle through a known person in some new car showroom, any brand car showrom. All brand used cars are exchanged in all new car showrooms of whatever brand. Same logic applies to Truevalue showrooms attached to a new car dealership. Approah through a known person in the dealership if possible.

About seven years ago a friend of mine bought a used Wagon R from a Honda showroom (Capital Honda), where he had a friend. The car had come for exchange and was evaluated as good, and my friend bought it from them the same day. Absolutely fuss free ownership till date. They even did a free service and oil change before delivery.
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2022, 20:48   #142
BHPian

Sold my Ertiga to Truevalue. I got the best price in TrueValue compared to all the dealers and individuals who were interested. If anyone planning to sell your Maruti, I strongly recommend to get a quote from Maruti TrueValue (if you have multiple dealers well and good, you will get better quotes) and then sell. If you are in Bangalore, I can refer the person whom I have dealt with. It's a good experience and it's executed as we agreed.

Also there is a standard process followed so it's a decent experience and no flip flops. It's like typical Maruti buying or servicing experience. Happy to be a Maruti customer because of great experience and value for money right from purchase to selling my car. Long live Maruti!

Now need to wait for them to sell and get the ownership transferred.Hopefully it also gets over without any issue.

Last edited by blorebuddy : 16th November 2022 at 20:51.
Old 17th November 2022, 20:59   #143
BANNED

I have sold my Maruti cars to True Value itself.
Old 18th November 2022, 14:07   #144
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingyogi View Post
I have sold my Maruti cars to True Value itself.
In my last 17 years, I've sold 3 cars to Maruti True Value itself, just based on reasons: Maruti provides the official receipt on letterhead, at the time of collection plus Maruti only transfer the ownership from A to B.

So at the end of day, every liability is taken care by Maruti.
Old 19th November 2022, 16:56   #145
BANNED

Quote:
In my last 17 years, I've sold 3 cars to Maruti True Value itself, just based on reasons: Maruti provides the official receipt on letterhead, at the time of collection plus Maruti only transfer the ownership from A to B.

So at the end of day, every liability is taken care by Maruti.
latest update dtd November 19th -

Manager from True Value called me stating that loan can't be closed, as it is different city. I was totally flabbergasted

After hour long arguments, and email from the bank branch - manager promised that issue will be solved next week [hopefully, as still loan is not closed with JK Bank, and I haven't received my money in bank account].

Important tip:

Take in writing from True Value, if your loan is in different city.
Old 23rd November 2022, 07:21   #146
BANNED

Quote:
latest update dtd November 19th -

Manager from True Value called me stating that loan can't be closed, as it is different city. I was totally flabbergasted

After hour long arguments, and email from the bank branch - manager promised that issue will be solved next week [hopefully, as still loan is not closed with JK Bank, and I haven't received my money in bank account].

Important tip:

Take in writing from True Value, if your loan is in different city.
update dtd 22/11/2022

a) Outstanding Loan has been repaid to JK Bank, by True Value through the mode of RTGS [which they denied earlier]
b) True value has kept 25,000 with them, until I won't extend physical copy of NOC.
c) They have deducted 3000 as I had only one key
b) Difference amount has been paid to me, again through mode of RTGS

next steps:

a) JK bank will courier physical copy of NOC, which I have to extend to True Value, to get my difference amount of 25000
Old 27th September 2023, 22:17   #147
BHPian

For a month now, I have been visiting various Maruti TrueValue dealerships in Bangalore for booking a car for my wife's hands-on practice; I truly believe driving is a life skill and mine (Hexa) is a big car for her to start with. And I really wanted a Maruti experience in the family; given TrueValue has good access to service records of Maruti branded cars, i chose to visit only them and use Spinny, Carwale only to compare prices

The learnings i took from the TrueValue experiences-
  • Used cars aren't cheaper anymore. The likes of Spinny, TrueValue, CarWale and cut throat competition that comes amongst them to take that larger pie of used cars market , has driven this market hugely in favour of sellers
  • Today, a used Celerio or WagonR first owner car dating back from 2014-2016 is being quoted in Bangalore for Rs.4,30,000 to Rs.4,75,000 depending on Kms driven, but largely a 2014-2016 registered car falls in that price range
  • If a used Maruti car is from year 2019 or above, they are easily quoted above Rs.5,00,000 to Rs.5,50,000
  • A used Celerio, s-Presso or Wagon R from a given registration year falls in same price range, with negligible price differences between them, to most part there are zero price differences;
    Their pricing logic seems to be driven by a combination of manufactured year, first owner vs second owner, Kms driven and not by model, atleast that's what i saw. So if you are in market for Celerio or S-Presso, you can as well get a WagonR for the same price
  • Atleast in Bangalore, these dealers seem honest in stating upfront whether or not a given car has an accident history. Infact one of the dealers even showed me how to validate for Maruti's original punches on the frame of doors, bonnet, boot etc. You are ofcourse, free to sit with them to review the service records if you are keen about a car (i'd suggest this is a must do as it helped me filter out cars easily thus helping decision making faster). They won't share service records by email or as a print. You must review it together with them
  • The max price i could ever negotiate from their quoted price was never more than Rs.35,000; That was the max ever, as a particular car had its Quarter panel, bumpers changed - meaning it had an accident history
  • For cars with zero accident history, they come down upto a max of Rs.20,000. See! Just Rs.15,000 difference between a zero accident car Vs a car with accident history
  • Sellers would be in joy to sell to TrueValue for they get a very solid price for their used cars; Sellers rejoice. Buyers won't be happy
  • If the used car's registered year crosses even by a day beyond 7 years from current day, the car loses TrueValue certification; You are at your risk for any Engine/gearbox failures
  • Dealers like Kalyani motors TrueValue give you some value on the negotiated prices by refurbishing the car before handing over to you. On the other hand, dealers like Surakshaa TrueValue don't care, you take it as is with any existing damages or the car or leave it, or pay further from your negotiated prices for any ask for refurbishing.

The bottomline is , atleast for me it did not make much economical sense anymore to go for a used car from TrueValue given the high prices. I'd rather consider a brand new Celerio/S-Presso and bargain for best prices from new car dealerships considering the festival season is just around. And one could use it for as long as one wants, let's say upto 10 years from now, and sell it back to TrueValue for a best price, which based on their current crazy pricing logic might far exceed or be at par , with current purchase prices of a brand new car
TheCamShaft is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 12:29   #148

I was in the market for a used Ertiga CNG and went through 4 different True Value dealers. The vehicles weren't in the best mechanical shape and each dealer kept reassuring me that they will service the vehicle before delivery. The test drive experience was nothing to write about though on my insistence, they filled the vehicles with 2kg CNG. All the Ertigas had issues with their bonnet patti rusting. The price they quoted was closer to the on-road price of the vehicle in 2021. Their logic - a new Ertiga CNG will cost 2 lakh more but has a higher waiting period of 5 months.

I am not so confident about True Value and their vehicles.
Joli is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks