Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2006, 11:03   #31
BHPian

In the last year, I have bought two M800's from the True Value outlet attached to Saboo Motors in Hyderabad. My experience was quite good. Yes, I did pay about 10% extra, but both the vehicles were in very good condition and have proved to be trouble free.
I guess the service levels would vary from dealer to dealer. However its always better to shop around before finalising. You get some good deals at Automart too.
As Zappo has mentioned, it's a good idea to phone these guys, posing as a seller, to gauge the approx. mkt. value.

Last edited by John : 15th March 2006 at 11:09.
Old 15th March 2006, 12:17   #32
BHPian

I've bought one 2003 Zen LXi from TrueValue on last december.

For a pretty good deal compared to the same rate outside. i negotiated the rate. i've had a good experience with them. They give me good service and if we are very good to them and speak well, then we are goanna get benefited in so many ways.

There are different things that u need to see...
- You should know all the dealers available and the good dealers in them.
- get rates from all the dealers and comapare, tehn go and test drive the vehicle they have.
- Have a look at their history, and satisfaction of customers.
(U R PAYING MONEY AND GETTING A CAR, SO U HAVE TO MAKE SURE THAT U PAY TEH GUD AMOUNT FOR A BETTER CAR.. A WORTH ONE:: I'LL SAY BETTER TO SPEND TIME ONE THESE THINGS BEFORE YOU TAKE ONE... )

- dealers are surely goanna present them as sellers and try to keep their rate. Coz they need profit and need to keep up the value in maruti as a good seller and marketing guys.
- So we need to present ourselves as a very gud buyer and know the rates of hte same model outside and in other dealers and negotiate.
If they feel that you know the outside market well then they'll have to compromise.
- And i dont see any prob in paying lil more extra to them.
1) We are getting warranty and free services.
2) They gonna take care if any issue comes.
3) be good to them, they'll be very gud to you.
4) if you take from a guy outside, and what if something happens to the engine because of some earlier probs?

- There might be some cons behind this ... but there are so many cons.

i'll say you can reply upon trueValue if you have selected a good dealer of that.
Old 15th March 2006, 15:27   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adit1329
well, my esteem has been sold..and guess what..it has been sold to a Team BHPian.....

he has planned some really mad mods, which also includes the permanent solution for the gear box noise....i will let him give the details...

hope he gets to resolve it....
That Team BHPian is me. I bought the car from Poorvalue Bimal not knowing these gearbox issues. When I read about adit1329's post
[SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reports/9479-my-bad-experience-2004-maruti-esteem-lxi.html[/COLOR][/SIZE]
I asked Bimal about the service history and service manual. They gave me a brand new service manual saying that the owner had lost the original service manual. They tried to suppress facts and denied knowing anything about Adit1329's issues.

Anyways, I was planning to mod my gearbox to having a closer gear ratio by putting in a combination of gearwheels from the Maruti 1000, Zen and Esteem. I have just got my freeflow exhausts and alloys, shall get work started on to the gearbox next. Hope, I am able to fix this burning issue on an otherwise neat and well-maintained car. Shall keep you guys posted on this.

As regards Truevalue, I have heard similar stories from friends when I told them about mine. One instance which I witnessed was a customer being harassed in Bimal.... He sold his car to Bimal and was promised a particular amount for his car but later on they refused to give him the same price saying that prices of new small cars had gone down after the recent budget.

My opinion is that Truevalue and your local second hand dealer are more or less the same in terms of integrity. We tend to believe Truevalue because of their infrastructure and one year warranty. I would say it is purely luck if you get a second hand car in good condition. So don't pay a premium in Truevalue thinking they are genuinely certified cars, they may not be. You'll be surprised how haphazardly they function.

Cheers
Santhosh

Last edited by S@~+#0$# : 15th March 2006 at 15:33.
Old 15th March 2006, 19:19   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$#
That Team BHPian is me. I bought the car from Poorvalue Bimal not knowing these gearbox issues. When I read about adit1329's post
[SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reports/9479-my-bad-experience-2004-maruti-esteem-lxi.html[/COLOR][/SIZE]
I asked Bimal about the service history and service manual. They gave me a brand new service manual saying that the owner had lost the original service manual. They tried to suppress facts and denied knowing anything about Adit1329's issues.
Santosh, i have given the manual to them. also, if you want to take it up with them i have all the bills and service job cards with me....
Old 16th March 2006, 12:23   #35
BHPian

heei santhosh and adit1329,

just gimme the car number and the date that u purchased. lemme see.

I know ppl in bimal truevalue, and i need to ask them abt this isssue for surely.

Old 16th March 2006, 13:19   #36
BHPian

Thanks Bro, just PM-ed you my Registration Number.
Old 16th March 2006, 13:24   #37
BHPian

Thanx dude, Noted down the number.

jus an offtopic question: "u in ANZ, EGL?"...
Old 17th March 2006, 05:29   #38
BHPian

Yes Vinz, I work for ANZ at EGL.

Cheers
Santhosh
Old 17th March 2006, 07:06   #39
BANNED

I bought a Nov 2004 model Omni (5 seater) which has cloaked about 37,000 KMS from TrueValue for 1.90 Lakhs, just 2 days before the budget. In addition to the one year warranty and 3 free services, I got a central locking system (Autocop), teflon coating, underbody coating and 4 new radials. Also I got seat covers, mats and a leather steering cover, although all the three are of cheap quality.

Since I have not used the vehicle much after, I could not comment more on the reliability of the vehicle although the vehicle is smooth.
Old 2nd August 2006, 04:43   #40
BANNED

If there is a possibility of odometer manipulation by dealers, can someone please explain the whole process, if possible.

I know that a novice can never manipulate an odo !!!
Old 2nd August 2006, 10:21   #41
BHPian

Truevalue dealers are very clever. They dont take accidented car which has had even a single hit. Nowadays with such bumper to bumper trafic you are bound to get a repaint or touchup.

Quote:
Sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum
You surely have posted in the write forum if not the write section.
Old 2nd August 2006, 14:31   #42
BHPian

hi sansjunk

i think you should hunt for the car owned by the owner directly instead of a delear. in that way he will surely keep the record of the services he has done and also you can negotiate on the pricing..
Old 2nd August 2006, 18:01   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom
2.4 L would be a fair price for a 2002 model.

Use the tyre thumb rule to check the real mileage done - tyres on zen last approx.50k.Use the date of manufacture as the real indicator.all tyres shd be of the same make and must have the same or near date of manufacture.
tyres are available in the market from 1998 model onwards. it is very easy to source them according to the mileage of the car vis-a-vis the date of manufacture. Yet, this could be one way of assessing the car.

All the dealers (Including True Value(Tru cheats), Ford Assured etc etc) without an exception rewind the odo, polish the interiors/exteriors, give a fab look to the car & present it to you saying that it has been sparingly used.

I am quite glad that u dropped the ZEN from True Cheats. They will not accept the fact, cos of they do, their reputation goes out of the window..it is pretty easy to find out the real mileage of the car. there are many important things to look out for. one among those is the tyres. then the service history, if the vehicle is as good as he says it is, then there must be the bill for the last service done, from which the odo reading can be found, or the wheel alignment certificate or the emission as u found out or just depress the clutch and see. if it is hard, then the zen has done more than 70-75k. If u really like a particular car, then while u verify the documents, try to take down the address of the previous owner & approach him to know the facts. or if the dealer says he is selling on commission basis, ask to meet the seller personally. Apart from these, there are quite a few more ways to be assured, consult a good mechanic. Anyway, do not go to these following places for used cars.

1. True Cheats
2. Automart India
3. any other assured/value white collar criminals

best is to buy it directly from the buyers.

do keep consulting on this forum.. we will help u decide on a good one

cheers & happy hunting

Last edited by esteem_lover : 2nd August 2006 at 18:06.
Old 2nd August 2006, 18:04   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mp421b
Truevalue dealers are very clever. They dont take accidented car which has had even a single hit. Nowadays with such bumper to bumper trafic you are bound to get a repaint or touchup.
You surely have posted in the write forum if not the write section.
My search for a reliable used car landed me in Chennai Popular True value. They tried to push a car who papers were not perfect, The Tax was pending for 4 years and no hypothetication removal. I asked why they buy such cars. How will I trust the credentials of such a car?

They replied that they dont care and buy just any car that comes their way or for exchange.
Old 3rd August 2006, 08:37   #45
BHPian

If you buy from an used-car delaer, you will definitely pay more than buying from the owner himself. Always buy from the owner, look at the man, talk to him, you will soon be able to suss out whether he is lying to you or not. Always ask for service history, these are kept in the database of the dealer for at least five years. Check the insurance if he has any NCB (no claim bonus). If there is a ncb, it means he has not suffered any major accident. 10% per year is the usual NCB, if he has a 30% NCB, means he has not claimed for three years (guys correct me if I'm wrong on percentages).
Finally take a long, 15 min test drive on smooth as well as bumpy roads.

Most Viewed